{'en': 'Me and my diabetes, two friends already inseparable.', 'es': 'Yo y mi diabetes, dos amigos ya inseparables.'} Image

Me and my diabetes, two friends already inseparable.

Lucho Carvalho's profile photo   02/03/2017 12:11 p.m.

I will try to be brief in my speech.

I am a athlete of a lifetime, and for 21 years I am also basketball coach.He spent many years as a police officer, passing from bodyguards to Patrol car manager, combining all this with sport.

One day, I have a long journey to do by car and when I have a couple of kms on the highway I started seeing everything blurry.He did not even distinguish the color of the cars, everything was shadows.When I was possible I went to the doctor and they entered me immediately.I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

I didn't worry too much until when I was lying in a hospital bed and then I realized that what happened to me was "important."I spent four days admitted and when I left my glycemia values ​​from the hospital, they were 385m/l (still very high, but when I entered it was above 700 ... because the device only average to 700 and was error, so I could onlythan to be above those values).

In the beginning I was hard to accept it because I have always been very athlete, a lot of activity and did not understand it, but it was a matter of hours, and after a while I had already assimilated, assumed, accepted and aware that this would be for a lifetime.Today, after consulting with my doctor (only for these issues) and the nutritionist, they have not limited my diets, but to eat everything but without abuse.

I have been doing it since 2006, there are times that as things I should not, but then I try to recover with the physical part and, although there are better days than others, I feel good, eager to live and enjoy life.I have also noticed that, if you lock yourself in a problem, already yours or others and you live them with great intensity, your values ​​will shoot the discharge.

So I try to worry about what is worth the penalty and is inevitable, but to its fair measure, otherwise our "news" will be shorter than we want.I learned to respect my life, respect me and respect the disease in itself, and ... "we get along."

Lucho Carvalho's profile photo
Lucho Carvalho
02/03/2017 12:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Much encouragement in this fight that touched us in that tenth of lottery that we had never bought.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/03/2017 12:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

There we are "partner."In joke style I usually say that at least I will not die alone, diabetes will always be with me, it will be the faithful companion.Life must be taken with optimism and enjoy every moment to Sorbitos, because full happiness does not exist and the one we live comes in small and individual doses.A hug and thanks for your comment.

Lucho Carvalho
02/03/2017 12:28 p.m.

If you want to be your friend, my diabetes gladly give it to you @"Lucho Carvalho".I don't want it at all.I only live with her because I have no choice.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/03/2017 12:49 p.m.

I understand you perfectly Anaisabel, but it is something you will have forever and you have to take it as well as possible.I speak from my experience, it's already 11 years and I do everything (or almost everything) and for now the limitations have not yet affected me, the day they arrive, at least I want to have enjoyed life without being bitter all the time.With optimism the disease is better, it is a matter of respecting it and that's it.As I said, I am a athlete since the ageIt is best to take her as well as possible.I can assure you that I do not love or wake up eating my head with the disease ... I measure my values, I click the two insulins and to live the life that are just two days.Right now the time is bad to go out and was here dancing the "Live It Up" by Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull ... good choice!I don't know, but I'm having a great time I can assure you.Today it is not happy who does not want ... we complain too much of anything, and when we had everything, many did not know how to take advantage of it.This is the same, today we have the possibility of moving, doing things, enjoying, and we don't do it!Tomorrow, when we look back then, to cry ... and I spend that.Greetings and thanks for the "luck" you want.

Lucho Carvalho
02/03/2017 1:07 p.m.

With friends like this who needs enemies.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/03/2017 1:12 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello!.. I am a 24 -year -old university student, I suffer from type 1 diabetes, and I understand you to the maximum about how you say that you are evolving with your illness, learning from it and despite the difficulties, seeing it as a partner to move forward with our formlife..

I would like to ask for a favor @luchocarvalho, with a group of fellow designers and biomedics, we are developing as part of our professional thesis a new product that would help diabetic patients, to control and facilitate our car treatment. I would not like to be doing spam hahaha butReally, as a young diabetic, I think that with your participation we would be able to create a good product that, fulfilling our goals, can come true and can impact our quality of life ...

Would you help me by answering/spreading this survey?
I thank you for a little of your time,
Link

Pao Sincheart's profile photo
Pao Sincheart
02/04/2017 8:25 p.m.

The truth is that these people who are superfeliz with their diabetes are tired a little, which can do everything and that no one can stop and blah blah ... each one we are in a way, some carry it better thanothers.Stoicism, low self-esteem, Flower-Power Happy Happy ... there is everything, but please do not try to be an example for others saying that everything can be done, because there are many people who suffer this day by day and feel limited byNot being able to do many things.He who is lucky to not give importance and knows how to enjoy everything in life I give my most sincere congratulations, but not for everyone, do not try to generalize.
I have no complications, I have a good job, a family, I am happy.But do not touch my feet with which everything can be done and that diabetes is your friend because that is a sovereign stupidity.Diabetes is silent but does its job, our life expectancy is reduced between 7 and 9 years by the mere fact of having diabetes.It limits you in your day to day you want it or not, it forces you to have a thorough control 24 hours a day to be able to have it controlled.And I don't know the others, but before my lymphocytes exterminated my beta cells I did not live pending the numeritory that marked blood glucose.

Let us try to be as happy as we can, but that nobody denies me that I would be happier without the damn diabetes.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
02/08/2017 8:43 p.m.

I already answered the questionnaire, Pao ... I wish you luck.

I would like to ask for a favor @luchocarvalho, with a group of fellow designers and biomedics, we are developing as part of our professional thesis a new product that would help diabetic patients, to control and facilitate our car treatment. I would not like to be doing spam hahaha butReally, as a young diabetic, I think that with your participation we would be able to create a good product that, fulfilling our goals, can come true and can impact our quality of life ...

Would you help me by answering/spreading this survey?
I thank you for a little of your time,
Link

Lucho Carvalho
02/09/2017 6:50 p.m.

Although I get a little afternoon, welcome to the "Lucho Carvalho" forum, I hope you accept the humor note that you will see in the photo that added, I liked your presentation a lot and what is commented here, I also have assumed this inseparablefriendship!;)

We have no choice !!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/10/2017 10:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I as a mother, I see this point
First of life. For some reason it gave us this load that is so easy ...
Step day by day fighting so that when my 11 son is an independent person he has respect for his condition and live his life intensely
Be happy very very happy

9406 's profile photo
02/11/2017 6:34 p.m.

nachemi said:
The truth is that they already tire the posts of people who are superfeliz with their diabetes, which can do everything and that no one can stop and blah blah blah ...Stoicism, low self-esteem, Flower-Power Happy Happy ... there is everything, but please do not try to be an example for others saying that everything can be done, because there are many people who suffer this day by day and feel limited byNot being able to do many things.He who is lucky to not give importance and knows how to enjoy everything in life I give my most sincere congratulations, but not for everyone, do not try to generalize.
I have no complications, I have a good job, a family, I am happy.But do not touch my feet with which everything can be done and that diabetes is your friend because that is a sovereign stupidity.Diabetes is silent but does its job, our life expectancy is reduced between 7 and 9 years by the mere fact of having diabetes.It limits you in your day to day you want it or not, it forces you to have a thorough control 24 hours a day to be able to have it controlled.And I don't know the others, but before my lymphocytes exterminated my beta cells I did not live pending the numeritory that marked blood glucose.

Let's try to be all happy we can, but that nobody denies me that I would be happier without the damn diabetes.

I totally agree, to say that one is happy to be diabetic?I gave mine to make her to whoever of her family even if you have to be very cruel to say this, to forgive me, but that person is happy to be diabetic, why not make the rest of your family happy?
Another issue is that diabetes prevents us from realizing our dreams, being able to do everything?It is very relative, the important thing is always to have a dream to fight for, each one can do within their possibilities.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/11/2017 8:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

She is an inseparable "friend" that has taken me out of bed at 6:00 on a Sunday with a hypoglycemia after going to 200 to sleep at 1:30 in the morning.

I would have preferred to sleep until 10 or 11.

I'm fine, I've been a new life, I do everything ... controlled, like everyone else ... but ... I lived better two years ago without diabetes

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2017 8:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.