{'en': 'Hello !!!, I am type 1 diabetic since 2013, I debuted with 50 years.', 'es': 'Hola!!!, soy diabética tipo 1 desde 2013, debuté con 50 años.'} Image

Hello !!!, I am type 1 diabetic since 2013, I debuted with 50 years.

Maribel Andrade's profile photo   02/05/2017 8:10 p.m.

It is the first time I write in the forum,

I am diabetics since 2013, I debuted with 50 years, and I am insulin -dependent from the beginning, although my doctors do not agree, because one says that it cannot be D1, that I have to be D2 with that age, another says that it is D1 andthat in recent years they are debuting patients at these ages, and another says that Lada ...

Anyway, this diabetes is a world and we are not very well informed, at least me.

The fact is that I carry a diet without hydrates, as of anything but HC, that is, neither bread, nor pasta, nor rice, not flours ... I only tolerate chickpea flour, to fry fish, for example.

I prepare a kind of 'bread' to breakfast common toast diet, for example, or make me a sandwich or a pizza.

For this I use a green banana with other ingredients and in the oven and results in a kind of mass with the consistency of a tortita or panqueque.

It is not bad when not as any bread ... & GT ;: d & lt;

All the best.

Maribel Andrade's profile photo
Maribel Andrade
02/05/2017 8:10 p.m.

Diabetica tipo 1 a los 50 años. Novo rapid durante el día y 24 Toujeo antes de dormir. Desde marzo’18 tomo Forxiga, recetada por mi endocrino. Glicosilada 7,4.

Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/05/2017 8:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the forum, I debut at 17 currently I have 18

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/05/2017 8:52 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Well, welcome to the "Maribel Andrade" forum, ask what you need !!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/05/2017 10:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks for such hot welcome!

Maribel Andrade's profile photo
Maribel Andrade
02/06/2017 12:08 a.m.

Diabetica tipo 1 a los 50 años. Novo rapid durante el día y 24 Toujeo antes de dormir. Desde marzo’18 tomo Forxiga, recetada por mi endocrino. Glicosilada 7,4.

Welcome!:)

I understand that you do not eat HC Farinaceos: derivatives of flour and rice.The rest yes: fruits, vegetables, legumes ...
Be careful with some fruits because they have a lot of HC such as banana, plums, grapes, custards ....
If you like them, order them in moderation.You just have to calculate the dose of insulin.

I also debuted outside the usual age.There are more and more cases.Directly type 1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/06/2017 4:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Maribel Andrade said:
is the first time I write in the forum,

I am diabetics since 2013, I debuted with 50 years, and I am insulin -dependent from the beginning, although my doctors do not agree, because one says that it cannot be D1, that I have to be D2 with that age, another says that it is D1 andthat in recent years they are debuting patients at these ages, and another says that Lada ...

Anyway, this diabetes is a world and we are not very well informed, at least me.

The fact is that I carry a diet without hydrates, as of anything but HC, that is, neither bread, nor pasta, nor rice, not flours ... I only tolerate chickpea flour, to fry fish, for example.

I prepare a kind of 'bread' to breakfast common toast diet, for example, or make me a sandwich or a pizza.

For this I use a green banana with other ingredients and in the oven and results in a kind of mass with the consistency of a tortita or panqueque.

It is not bad when not as any bread ... & GT ;: d & lt;

All the best.

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/19/2020 8:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the club.The same thing happened to me, I spent 26 days admitted, with loss of vision almost 600 of sugar a month of hard work on the PC and to the floor.After 1 week what type 1 or lada.Insulina Tresiba, and Humalog Kwipen Junior to be able to put means 6, 7.5, 6.5. But hyplyglucemic, and a lot of medical assistance.I think it consumed more sugar now because it was little sweet.Inheritance diabetes.3 diabetic brothers but type 2, normal life.I 1 and very complicated.

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/19/2020 8:40 p.m.

Welcome!
I was diagnosed by type1 in 2018 at 44.It is a long history: gestational diabetes in 2003 and 2008, prediabetes since 2014, type 2 diabetes in 2016 and type 1 diagnosis in January 2018. The change was when detected antibodies, so it is about autoimmune diabetes.
As my endocrine explained, the term lada defines a subtype of diabetes 1 in the adult in which the autoimmune attack develops slowly over time.Therefore, it can be confused with type 2 diabetes.
The important thing about the correct diagnosis is to start with exogenous insulin that helps preserve the pancreatic reserve.I started with Toujeo in January 2018 and now in November 2020 I have added Apidra.I am still low in hydrates and I still have a small pancreatic activity.
Type 1 diabetes begins at any age, it is not something exclusive to children and adolescents.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/21/2020 7:36 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Welcome to the forum @"Maribel Andrade", I started at 32 and there are every day learning something.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
11/21/2020 5:48 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Hello and welcome, I was diagnosed with diabetes 1 at 40 years and I have been 12 years old, I arrived at the clinic with 750 and a month hospitalized, without complications, use pump and sensor, it has cost me but it can be overcome.I am glad that you do not eat since I can't stop looking at a plate of pasta and eat it happy.
Take care and encouragement for everyone.

eugenia's profile photo
eugenia
11/22/2020 1:01 p.m.

Welcome to the photo.I debuted with 47 years, and my edendicrin told me that they diagnose type 1 diabetes at any age (although the most inhabitant will be in younger children).But it is also true that until they saw the analysis of positive antibodies, they doubted if it would not be type 2 for age.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/22/2020 3:57 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I debut with 41 and hallucinated in the emergency room, they thought it was Obesa.
Type 1 with antibodies and with no one in the diabetic family of any kind.
I do take ch, especially fruits and vegetables.
What the blood glucose uploads most are fats and red meats.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2020 11:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.