Toujeo insulin allergy

patibt's profile photo   02/11/2017 11:11 p.m.

Hello, I am new in the forum and I have read them a lot looking for help and information, and hopefully they can guide me.
I tell you that a few months ago my 48 -year -old husband was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and began his treatment with Toujeo, the units were gradually increasing until he reached the amount of 13 units with which he kept very well ....... Very flat the curve and small spikes with meals, we were too well ...He had a horrible hypoglycemia that after a long time spent ..... I spent a great scare that still has me badly.
They told him antihistaminicos and changing insulin for threeiba because they believe it was allergy to the other insulin and apparently vasodilation caused it to be released quickly ....... but with threeiba the curve is rarely, peaks all day and night ........ is trying with 10 of threeiba and this second day is not going well ........ Is it normal for the beginning to be like that?
I am very worried ....... now start over ...... I have a lot of scare that we don't do well with threeiba ....... everything is very rare

Pati

patibt's profile photo
patibt
02/11/2017 11:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!Welcome! It will be a matter of regulating the dose, if it is type1, you will need fast insulin in meals. Time is needed to regulate.
There is also the slow insulin lantus ..
But with threeiba and, fast at meals it will control well

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/12/2017 12:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.