How did they know about their diabetes?

Hilda's profile photo   04/04/2016 2:30 p.m.

Was it accidental or did they have suspicions?Mia was accidental, it was when I was still in college and in the morning I had eaten some tacos and time later I felt very bad as weakened and without hunger and with stomach pain and I bought a snow to have if that gave me energy but nothing but nothing, When I arrived at my house I told my mother and she was chemistry made a urine general and had a glucose in urine, the next day I had an emptyst glucose and salt as with 150

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
04/04/2016 2:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, you have been lucky to be diagnosed so in time.In type 1 the symptoms increase in days and are usually debuted with higher values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/04/2016 4:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

For me it was the best stage of my life .... eating whatever would like and lose weight a lot.It was great, especially because I was caught Christmas in between.Of course, I drank the fountains.What's thirst!

So my worried mother gave me the tabarra and when I started losing 1 kg every two days I decided to go to the doctor who sent me analytical.As I am quite impatient, I told the auxiliary if I did a glucose test (in my city they do not do it in pharmacies), that of waiting for 4 days ... it goes, not.Total that came out 340mg/dl in fasting.I entered directly (the night of before I had dinner quince with cheese ... ñammm)

And I in an emergency boxes with the serum + insulin route talking to my company to wait for me, that I reached the meeting .... They dropped me and they entered the hospital because there were no glucometers and there were 3 daysholidays.But the following was from the Spanish movie of the 60s ... I spend everything.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/04/2016 8:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I was very small, so I don't remember everything clear, but a year after they diagnosed my sister they did us and already pointed ways, although it was not definitive and my mother was told to watch.After a few months I fell round in the school after the gymnastics class, and well after that hypoglycemia there were no doubt.So as with everything, we are a world, my income and diagnosis did not start with a high figure, quite the opposite :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/05/2016 3:49 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

In the case of my daughter, the loss of weight alarmed us, it has always been thin but three less kilos in it were quite noticeable, and more taking into account what I ate, since it has always been misunderstood.It coincided with the end of the course, final exams and with a few days of great heat, so the fatigue and the amount of water we drank associate it with it.The trigger was a day, who could not finish one of his training.There we began to worry seriously and see that there was something and that it was not only its weight loss, we thought of an anemia, since in our families there was no antecedent and we totally ignored the disease.The next day we went to his pediatrician, who sent us an analytical, although he already suspected the result.First thing of the next day complete analytics and capillary glucose test, direct to the hospital and five -day admission, according to their doctors with great luck since it only had the high glucose and some dehydration, the rest everything perfect.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/05/2016 4:23 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I started drinking a lot of water and going many times to the bathroom ... talking to a friend, he told me that perhaps it was due to sugar problems, at that time I did not give much importance since in my previous analytics everything was perfect.(Ai, blessed time he told me and I ignored him: v) He started to leave his hands when I lost a lot of weight and my mouth filled me with sores.I went to the emergency room, giving all the symptoms he had and they told me that it was the "hand, mouth pi" virus, which sent me ibuprofen and a spray for the sores ...
On Good Friday I returned to the Emergencies but worse, I continued with a horrible pain in my mouth and throat, and what did they tell me?The same!.The "hand, mouth, foot" virus.That night I went for a walk and tired a lot, I got white, I was dizzy, I had no strength or encouragement of anything.
Well, that Sunday was much worse ... huge dark circles, very tired, weak, I couldn't even walk.
I went to the hospital and they made me an analytical, they told me that I entered with 445.
That's how I found out!

lauriitaa209's profile photo
lauriitaa209
04/19/2016 6:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.