Insulin Tresiba, glucose stability in the first week

patibt's profile photo   02/11/2017 11:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me ...... I am worried because my husband started with Tresiba two days ago and glycemia goes up and lows him without eating anything ..... He has taken it that way all this dayAnd yesterday night ...... He was diagnosed 3 months ago and we had managed to walk well using Toujeo, but he gave him allergy and we had to change to Tresiba ....... and it has not been easy ...... to have glycemia between 90-100 and with peaks that barely reached 150-160 with the meals we went to total lack of control ....... hope someone wants to share their experience ...... I feel veryalone and a bit hopeless .......

thank you

Pati

patibt's profile photo
patibt
02/11/2017 11:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am spent for a while with the Tresiba I don't know why, but now I am doing well.That happened to me for 1 week or so.Let's see if the experts of this forum that I am still half a rookie in this can give you a hand.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/12/2017 3:07 a.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

@"Patibt", good day.I think that the threeiba prospect already says that to stabilize a week is needed.It took me longer to find the dose that is doing well, 30% u.More about Lantus.Good luck.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/12/2017 11:05 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

My first week with Tresiba was great, it seemed that I had no diabetes.
@"Patibt", may be on honeymoon and when changes are made you have to wait a few days to see if they work or not.Is that lack of control throughout the day?Use fast?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/12/2017 12:45 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone, your comments help me a lot ...... Yes, it is still on a honeymoon, you still don't need to use fast insulin because your body lowers the meals that we handle them with low -index carbohydratesglycemic and everything well controlled .......
After writing in the forum we realized that the values ​​that the free freestyle was giving us, that of the sensor in the arm, they were going to do with the drop of blood ...... and the machine is constantly giving error....... And it goes 60 units above the real ....... and the peaks can also be an error, I do not know ....... but I am calmer and more confident than this insulinwill behave well ........ Thank you for your words ....... really that one feels often lost and very alone with this disease ....... even my husband does not understand wellWhat happens to me because it is me who reads and looks for all the possible information ...... A thousand thanks Alvaro, Anaisabel and Solararia

Greetings!

patibt's profile photo
patibt
02/12/2017 1:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.