Dripping when I inject my novorapid

SergioGITST's profile photo   02/13/2017 8:44 a.m.

Hello everyone, for a couple of weeks, by injecting the insulin novorapid dripped the needle after the injection.When I take the needle, a couple of drops always come out and I suppose that should not happen (before it did not happen to me) since it is part of the dose that I should receive.I also inject Lantus in the morning and with her does not happen to me, and the technique is the same.I have been reading a lot and in all places they advise keeping the needle under the skin at least 6 seconds before removing it.I have come to keep it 20 and 30 seconds and yet those drops continue to appear.Does anyone know what can be due?

Thank you very much and greeting to all!

SergioGITST's profile photo
SergioGITST
02/13/2017 8:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I always get a droplet no matter how time I maintain.But a drop always comes out so I think it's normal.But do not leave a lot because if it is not unusual.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/13/2017 10:34 a.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

The ball may not be well or that the needles do not screw well, try to change them.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2017 6:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @"Sergiogitst"
The same thing usually happens to me with the novorapid.
DPs of each application usually is an offshore drop.
The truth is that it was something that caught my attention a lot and I began to notice that every time I had to do some correction with 1 single unit I did not make the quick effect.
I talked to my endocrinology and suggested that before I injected a low dose, shoot a unit in the air and thus the embolo duct and the pen is again full for when the next application is going to shoot.
After that council I began to notice that the correction was more accurate.
It is true that we waste a little more insulin but I could improve the results.
I hope you can serve you too.

jmvallejo's profile photo
jmvallejo
02/22/2017 1:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This always happens ... as the saying goes ... even if you machaize it with a hammer ... the last drop always goes to the underpant hahaha ...
It is frustrating but yes.

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/22/2017 1:43 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.