{'en': 'Ana Suárez Guerra: "You have to adapt diabetes to our life"', 'es': 'Ana Suárez Guerra: «Hay que adaptar la diabetes a nuestra vida»'} Image

Ana Suárez Guerra: "You have to adapt diabetes to our life"

fer's profile photo   02/14/2017 10:33 a.m.

The Director of Nursing of the Health Area III was "impressed" by the interest of the Culture Classroom of the Voice Culture Ana Reárez Guerra appeals to self -control and emphasizes that "we are not different"

«We have to adapt diabetes to our life, do what we feel like.The fact is that we can ».Director of Care and Nursing Management of the Health Area III, in which Aviles is integrated with seven other municipalities, Ana Suárez Guerra appealed to education, self -control and prevention as weapons to combat diabetes, the epidemic of the 21st century.It is suffered by 13.8% of the population, «and 6% do not know.In Asturias there are 85,652 patients, 636 in the health area III, and the vast majority, above 97%, are of type two, "the one that can be overcome."

Suárez Guerra was "impressed" by the large number of people who attended the talk, integrated into the 'Diabetes and you, a possible coexistence', organized by the Aviles Voice Culture Classroom, coordinated by Armando Arias andSponsored by Toscaf cafes.The University Services Center Hall remained small, to the point that it was necessary to keep the doors open so that those who hurry the time could also hear, even if it were from the lobby, their didactic and unconventional conference.Among the public was the new manager of the health area, Enrique González.

It was not a talk to use.The rapporteur was put in the skin of a diabetic and asked the public to do the same, empathy exercise that caused the relationship between both parties to be much more fluid.He also distributed a simple test, eight questions, which in just a few minutes allows to know the risk scale of diabetes.

The important thing, he stressed, is that type two diabetes, on which his intervention turned, “can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and fulfilling a series of objectives: if there is overweight to lose 5%, that fat consumption isless than 30% of daily calories and 10% in the case of animal origin, include more than 15 grams of natural fiber per thousand calories ingested per day and practice regular physical activity for more than thirty minutes a day ormore than four hours a week.Simply following these tips the possibility of diabetes is reduced very significantly ».

Much of his speech was directed those who already suffer from the disease.«We are not different.Life expectancy in Spain is 84 years in women and 78 in men, and people with diabetes can reach these ages and in good condition.It depends on us.

Suárez Guerra spoke of the importance of knowing the different types of insulins and choosing an adequate needle size, not walking barefoot and keeping their feet in optimal hygienic and duly hydrated conditions to prevent wounds that can derive in ulcers, not to obsess themselves inExcess with glucose control, knowing howsmoking...

And above all he talked about prevention, education, self -control and attitude.«The doctor is the support, the patient is the one who has to take control to have a good quality of life.And we choose it ».

fer's profile photo
fer
02/14/2017 10:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The rollete of "Diabetes will not prevent you from doing anything" I already know it a lot, and I'm sorry because I was going to be very rude but I better contain myself.If when I debuted I had known what this disease was and what would be its consequences would have pusted anyone who says "that you can make normal life"

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/14/2017 3:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ok, let's leave it that you can make normal life most of the time .., if you manage to find a treatment that allows you ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/15/2017 5:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.