Juan Pritsiolas: "I reversed type 2 diabetes"

fer's profile photo   03/19/2016 12:40 p.m.

In November 2013, in a routine exam I was diagnosed with diabetes.The issue obsessed and depressed me.The internet made me read everything at all times.Emotionally touch background.In the family there was no history of any sugary, but the roulette touched me.

He was not an obese man.With a height of 1.80 my average weight was 190 pounds, if about 10 pounds of more.

Apart from the high glucose, it had cholesterol, fatty liver, and high pressure.It is what doctors call metabolic syndrome.

The endocrine and dean friend of Medicine, Enrique Mendoza prescribed me as indicated in the case: metformin, unvattine and a pressure medication.

I imposed a strict diet where carbohydrates (bread, pastes, rice, flours, sugar and fruits).

The pressure was normalized in a month to the point that got off and in a single day I went twice from the house to the floor of the house.It was like turning off the light: darkness and cloth legs.Luck of God that everything was in my home.If it had been on the street, it kills me a car.

In a matter of 8 weeks I went down about 50 pounds.Remove pity or Africa, as doctors joke.

My mother worried: poor son of mine, nothing more is bone and skin.The face sucked me and lost a lot of fat that appeared to be muscle mass.My 36 waist was 32;The long shirts had to be given it just like the pants.

Even so, nutritionists claim that I have the muscle mass index of a thirty -year -old;I answer: but I feel shit.

My breakfast is basically three almond flour tortillas (very expensive by the way), fried egg, turkey ham, vegetable juice and cinnamon tea or sugarless coffee.

Lunch and dinner are salads where avocado is never missing, fish 4 times a week, turkey, chicken and sporadically meat.Soups with a lot of spinach and watercress, but without yam or cassava.

Between meals almonds or nuts or coconut.I occasionally put black chocolate with Stevia.

That is what some call the paleo diet.He also took Magnesium, Omega 3 and other nutrients.

Three months later, dr.Mendoza suspended me metformin.The weight loss made my sugar normalize.

If losing weight is the solution to reverse diabetes, why doctors do not recommend that to patients? I asked the endocrine.Enrique Mendoza smiled and said: Simple Mr. Pritsiolas, eating is a pleasure. "Few have their discipline.

And you will ask and this one for what Baba's jet writes.I think it was my obligation to guide many who today suffer the disease that is becoming a pandemic.

He told them that he obsessed the issue and without a doubt;Diabetes is a treacherous disease and attacks you everywhere.You can suffer amputations, blindness, kidney problems, heart attacks and spills.

Reading about everything related to diabetes almost went crazy.My mother carried her son and my daughter was literally my cloth of tears.Other people supported the beginning, but on the way they gave up.Prayer was another emotional support factor.

I am not an easy man.I have an explosive character and I know that on the way I hurt people who supported me.In case I have been of bad temper, but now I was irritable.An ex falsely claimed that he had to smile more, because he had a beautiful smile.Even for a photograph it is difficult for me to do that and I do not understand how there are people who take 100 photos and in all they go out with a smile hung.I think it is fake or false.

My co -workers joked that I was disappearing.Alex García was on many occasions the receiver of my explosions in which toads and snakes came from my mouth.After a while I apologized.The "crazy" is taken today, or enter his office, said the deputy director Mayra.

InThe journey of the diabetes came out a cancerous mole of the bad that had to be operated.Then I was subjected to veins surgery.Recently I was intervened with a hernia.Disease problems joined other emotional

There were many things together in a few months.I read a phrase: God assigns the hardest battles to his improve soldiers.I thought I will be Rambo.

So friends the thing has not been easy, but those who suffer from type 2 diabetes tell you that they can reverse the disease.They must have discipline.The important thing is to preserve what is left of the beta cells of their pancreas.With medical advances I trust that after a few years diabetes will have a cure, but in the meantime they take care of their diet.You must be the most concerned about your health.

A hug to all!

fer's profile photo
fer
03/19/2016 12:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Estimated Fer: I was also a DM2, in July 2009 he was obese (between 98/100 kilos for a height of 1.66 meters, with 49 years).Almost all my life had been a "I-I effect", for my will and for the Standard diet that made me go down to something like an BMI of 25, and then I saw the rebound that was originated by my lack of discipline and whatImperfect of the diet that 2no teach you to eat well "every year were 7/8 months good and the rest evil. That July 2009 I had a week with" feeling of death ", which I frankly attributed more to a possible beginning of a picture of a picture ofpanic attack that to my physical state.
I went to the doctor, and the glycemia analysis that I had always given me 130/140 gr/lt in my stages of Gordo, this time was 370 gr./lt.My feeling of death was the early (fortunately) beginning of pancreatitis.He had taken it to the limit.
Of course, they gave me a slightly different diet, but always with carbos.This more 2000 mg of metformin + 150 mg of gliberinamide, distributed in 3 daily shots.
Over time I improved, but I didn't see that drug arsenal either.I wanted something else, because I didn't accept that I would have ruined my life and my body like that.

Reading on the Internet, but with great care, since there are tons of garbage as we already know, and in a similar way to the one you mention in your post, I arrived in the paleo lifestyle.
The change, the weight loss, the improvement of glycemia, cholesterol and the triglycerides especially were incredible.
At first I did not tell my doctor, I used it only for the prescription of analysis and the little metformin I took.But after 2 years, I had 55 triglycerides and a glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.0
The doctor told me that he had very few patients who had arrived that state, and that for the was a sati -action ... and there I told him what was my diet, the same one that you mention in your post.
He could not believe it, in principle he told me that excess proteins could do me wrong, as well as saturated fats.I told him that if there is no presence of carbos, all these undesirable chemical reactions do not occur.
The only difficult thing had been to uncomfortable me of the flours and sweet flavors ...
I was prescribed a whole series of enzyme analysis and others that I descento .... Result: there was nothing abnormal.

Today I have been in this paleo or "evolutionary lifestyle" that is the most appropriate description, and I am in an internet group with hundreds of members who were DM2 and now enjoy this tranquility.
There are also many DM1 members to whom this lifestyle helps you to keep your glycemia.The graphics of their continuous, practically flat meters are incredible.They must continue to click but talk that they use at least half of insulin and hypoglycemia are very rare.

Anyway, there is a much better quality of life.My doctor told me only 500mg of metformin with dinner in "preventive" way, in a certain way I think that to be quieter.
That is nothing ... And everything is fine, thanks to finding this path.I hope my story serves someone.Thanks for the attention provided if you have read here.Greetings.

Dan8v's profile photo
Dan8v
11/20/2016 7:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you for sharing your story @Dan8V, I'm sure it will serve many people in the forum!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/20/2016 9:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.