Insulin temperature

Nyme's profile photo   04/14/2016 6:15 p.m.

Hello, I have a little jaleo with the theme of insulins and trips, I explain myAt that time, I was going to buy a cold bag, but ... first doubt: insulin once the fridge takes it only for a month? That is to say the bolis that takes me even if it takes them in the cold bagI have to discard them per month even if you haven't used them?Or can I put them back to the fridge when I return, whenever you haven't taken them out of the cold bag?

Nyme's profile photo
Nyme
04/14/2016 6:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I put them back in the fridge.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/14/2016 6:41 p.m.

Thank you very much! And another question that I know that I am heavy ... the glycometer batteries that have given me in the outpatient who changes it when they finish? They sell those batteries in the shopping centers or do I have to ask them somewhere?They have given a contour xt and I'm from Madrid

Nyme's profile photo
Nyme
04/14/2016 7:05 p.m.

I do not know that glucometer, but you can get batteries in any super, watchmaking ... you will have to buy you.

Anaisabel
04/14/2016 7:32 p.m.

The basal insulin (the slow one) OnceThat is what they taught me, the quick I do not know or I don't remember ...:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/14/2016 8:28 p.m.

@Nyme, I take them in a small Neverite with an ice block, of those that are made of plastic that mothers have or had in the freezer and so they do not lose the cold chain and when I get to place in questionI put them in the refrigerator.
Supposedly once they lose the temperature, between 2 and 6, they should not put themselves again ..,
The one of use at room temperature for a month and the glucagon even if you have not asked it, endure 18 months out of the fridge, so you do not complicate your life much ...
The batteries do not worry that they usually last a lot, just like you change the glucometer before, heh !!If they spent what @anaisabel has told you, they are easy, especially in watchmaking
I insulin, the truth, by heat they have never spoiled me, the lantus has spoiled me coldly, going to take it from the fridge and with ice, being in the same place as the humalog and this does not happen to him (I have themput in its box inside a tupper and be careful not to hit them back or to the sides of frigo)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/14/2016 8:35 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Please @gala how legal you are, the batteries in the watchmakes no, in the Chinese who are like God, they are everywhere .. :))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/14/2016 8:40 p.m.

@sigsauer, also also, the custom .. When I started there was no Chinese, I bought them in photography stores (there x by upper paleolitic :)))

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/14/2016 8:54 p.m.

I buy them in a bike store that are much cheaper: \ ">. @Gala, do not use cold wallets? They seem very comfortable to me.

Anaisabel
04/14/2016 9:05 p.m.

No, I have a mini neverita and I am very apparently, I have been colder than with a portfolio so I do not break the cold chain and put them again in the fridge.
But this like everything, each what is more comfortable

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/14/2016 9:08 p.m.

Thank you all, @gala, @anaisabel, @sigsauer !!!It has been clear to me. I will ask more things that surely more doubts appear

Nyme's profile photo
Nyme
04/14/2016 9:37 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!!
Here is an info about insulin care.

Insulin care

In order for insulin to offer the benefits we expect in diabetes control, it is necessary to take certain care:

1. The insulin that is not in use must be maintained in refrigeration (between 2 ° and 8 ° C).

2. Avoid extreme temperatures:

Do not freeze
Not expose to the sun
Nor at temperatures greater than 30 ° C
3. From the date on which the insulin bottle is opened, it lasts 28 days.You can put a label in the bottle with the opening date to keep it in mind.

4. When you go on a trip, do not leave the insulin in the suitcase or in the car glovener.Heat destroys the power of insulin.

5. Do not use insulin whose expiration date has expired, although the bottle has remained in refrigeration or is closed.

6. Before injecting you verify that the bottle or in cartridge does not present:

Frost, clots or crystals
7. If you use pen for insulin administration you must remove the needle after each application to avoid insulin leaks or air inlet to the cartridge, this can affect the accuracy of the dose.Remember that needles are disposable.

8. The pen for insulin application that is in use should not be refrigerated;Insulin will be in good condition during the indicated period.

Insulin cartridges R: duration 28 days
Cartridges with insulin foremell: Duration 10 days
Insulin cartridges N: duration 14 days

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
04/17/2016 9:49 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.