{'en': "Sometimes I feel that I can't anymore", 'es': 'A veces siento que no puedo más'} Image

Sometimes I feel that I can't anymore

anonimo7238's profile photo   02/22/2017 12:05 a.m.

First of all, I want to clarify that I write these lines to take away a small weight from top, much less want to be sorry or anything similar.

I introduce myself, I am 16 years old and I was diagnosed with diabetes last year.

From the first moment I have tried to be positive, even encouraging my parents when I debuted.The controls do very well and I carry the appropriate food.But honestly there are times that I would like to give up.When I see that my friends do not need to worry about anything and I always have to be aware of my diabetes ...

If we go out to eat, always accompanied by insulin.Have to make all meals yes or yes.In short, not being able to be as normal as I would like.Many people do not know what diabetes is really and do not know that it is a fucking disease.

Another thing that demoralizes me is when I see that I get very high (not many times).But I feel like a failure, I don't do it well.

I've always been thin, after I was diagnosed, I had to eat more and gained weight, but not enough.It is impossible for me to gain weight.And you will laugh because it may seem absurd, but seeing me thin depresses me a little.I would like to see myself strong and radiant, but I don't know how to gain dough.

As I have commented before, I have always tried to be positive, and I like to do sports and try to win muscle mass to see me better, but I do not.

Many times I feel that life has been unfair to me, as I don't know what I have done to deserve this.

I needed to write to vent and share it with you.

anonimo7238's profile photo
anonimo7238
02/22/2017 12:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Little by little you will take it better,. If you can gain a little if you eat more hydrates and adjustment, and you can also do it, weights and muscles, watching the nocturnal hypos, you will have to pray to something.
If it serves as Consuelo, my daughter debuted at 5 years, she has 27 and never meant a brake at all.
Little by little you will dominate him.
What insulins do you use?
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/22/2017 3:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good, I return to this thread because I have the same problem as @anonymous7238.
From my debut I will have lost about 10 kilos.Now weight 71 kilos and measure 1.89 cms.
My wife does not stop telling me that I am too thin, that I must gain weight.
The problem is that when I have uploaded the hydrates and I have tried to adjust the insulin, I ate several quite rich hyperglycemia.So I'm afraid to play anything.
PD: In the last appointment I had with the educator, my wife told him and the nurse replied that she looked good, than better thin than obese.
He sent me a diet of a burial of calories but I am unable to eat all that.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/10/2023 1:42 p.m.

Hi @sandmad.I tell you the same as your educator: better so with kilos of more.However, if you want to win some muscle mass to find yourself better, you can always turn to gym and strength exercises.In addition, that will be good for you not to generate insulin resistance (even if you don't have it right now).

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/10/2023 1:51 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I have also been very thin, weight 57 kilos, such as when I was a teenager and I can't recover, I suppose it will be because I do not dare to eat much (I have never gone from the 8UD quickly), I'm afraid to eat a dish of theFrom before and have to get 14-16UD quickly (I see it a buried).And the doctor tells me that he is not worried, that I am in my weight.The stomach has closed to me and I no longer enjoy food.
@anonymous7238 I suppose that the thoughts you have are the typical of a debutant, because although we have a lotI feel guilty when I make "peaks" ....
Courage, I'm sure we can with it 💪 You just have to mentalize and get the best version of oneself.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/10/2023 3:45 p.m.

Jo!What envy!(From the healthy) I am on the contrary, insulin retains fats.I was very thin the first year, then little by little I have been retaining fats, 1-2kg per year, which is not much seen that way, but in the end they were 11 kg of more !!!
I have lost 9kg in 2022 but in the end, as soon as you neglect two weeks, Zasca!I recovered 4 kg.Now I have returned to my 30g diet of HC, no fat and 800kcal .... I lose quickly for ketosis but it is disgusting to be a life in diet.Of course, I have been at all of 85mg/dl or low of 70 (the ideal world) for two days, not the ideal world!)

It is best to take muscle, which also weighs.But if you are not tired, you feel good and wanting everything, forget about weight and enjoy.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/10/2023 6:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
jo!What envy!(From the healthy) I am on the contrary, insulin retains fats.I was very thin the first year, then little by little I have been retaining fats, 1-2kg per year, which is not much seen that way, but in the end they were 11 kg of more !!!
I have lost 9kg in 2022 but in the end, as soon as you neglect two weeks, Zasca!I recovered 4 kg.Now I have returned to my 30g diet of HC, no fat and 800kcal .... I lose quickly for ketosis but it is disgusting to be a life in diet.Of course, I have been at all of 85mg/dl or low of 70 (the ideal world) for two days, not the ideal world!)

It is best to take muscle, which also weighs.But if you are not tired, you feel good and wanting everything, forget about weight and enjoy.

@Ruthbia The truth is that I am a little fed up that everyone tells me how thin I am.And in summer it was worse: in the pool and on the beach I spent a little shame and did not take away the shirt, and that I have always been one of those who did not care what people say, but now I have worse it.

PS: The good thing about all this is that I am putting the clothes again when I was 20 years old.The other day doing cleaning I found some jeans before getting married and they are perfect.: D

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/10/2023 6:54 p.m.

@sandman, but do not stay hungry, if you need faster you put it on.
Legumes and pasta passed through the fridge do not make high peaks.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2023 9:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

sandman said:
good, return this thread because I have the same problem as @anonymous7238.
From my debut I will have lost about 10 kilos.Now weight 71 kilos and measure 1.89 cms.
The problem is that when I have uploaded the hydrates and I have tried to adjust the insulin, I ate several quite rich hyperglycemia.So I'm afraid to play anything.
PD: In the last appointment I had with the educator, my wife told him and the nurse replied that she looked good, than better thin than obese.

I also tell you what better they tell you thin than fat.And also diabetes with more kilos is more difficult to control.
I believe that little by little, when you relax with the subject you will take weight.I got to be in 47 kg after my debut but little by little I controlled and in two years I am in 52 that is my normal weight.
Do not stay hungry and see different things and you will end up recovering weight.
But that if you are well, better 71 than 101 ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/10/2023 9:56 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

sandman said:
good, return this thread because I have the same problem as @anonymous7238.

Do you do sports?With force exercise you can increase muscle mass and a larger muscle consumes hydrates with less insulin need.
If you are interested, I can recommend an endocrine that makes an online accompaniment and customizes diet and exercises according to your goals.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/10/2023 11:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
sandman said:
good, return to this thread because I have the same problem as @anonymous7238.

Do you do sports?With force exercise you can increase muscle mass and a larger muscle consumes hydrates with less insulin need.
If you are interested, I can recommend an endocrine that makes an online accompaniment and customizes diet and exercises according to your goals.

I've always been very thin.My weight has always been around 74-75 kilos for 1.89 cm high.
I have tried to increase muscle mass without any appreciable result.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/11/2023 10:30 a.m.

Well @anonymo7238 think that if you weren't diabetic, you would not be aware of many things like how good your friends live without having to worry about eating and having to puncture every time you're going to eat, I understand you but you're young and I think you will haveoption to a possible future cure, encouragement

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/12/2023 1:03 a.m.

To make meals yes or yes ...
That is not a rule.
If you have to skip something you can ...

NEKgatoDULCE's profile photo
NEKgatoDULCE
01/15/2023 11:04 a.m.

You have sport and you will feel strong ...
Especially in with a group they do not need to be diabetics
With any type of people .....

NEKgatoDULCE's profile photo
NEKgatoDULCE
01/15/2023 11:05 a.m.

It is a user that I write in 2017, but the comments are good for everyone and remind us that we have moods but that we must not drop, life continues and you have to enjoy it before the worms eat when we are not.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2023 11:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I wish you all the best and a lot of mind, do not decay you are a fighter.

About increasing muscle mass you might try to go to a gym and advise exercises, beer yeast is very good for example because it has a lot of protein to exercise, try to do weights for example.

Cheer up that you are very young and a lot of life ahead, and think that healthy eating and exercise is good for everyone and for everything, or do not have diabetes.

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/15/2023 4:09 p.m.

Life does not give us all the same letters.Some have some, others, and the important thing is to try to be positive and get the objectives and goals, and fight for dreams, playing with the letters that have touched us.We can regret because the letters could be better, or thank that, within what fits, with good control, nothing prevents a diabetic from getting what a person can do without this condition.

Many champion moods, and enjoy life!

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
01/16/2023 12:40 a.m.

anonymous7238 said:
first of all, I want to clarify that I write these lines to take away a small weight off, much less I want to be sorry or anything similar.

I introduce myself, I am 16 years old and I was diagnosed with diabetes last year.

From the first moment I have tried to be positive, even encouraging my parents when I debuted.The controls do very well and I carry the appropriate food.But honestly there are times that I would like to give up.When I see that my friends do not need to worry about anything and I always have to be aware of my diabetes ...

If we go out to eat, always accompanied by insulin.Have to make all meals yes or yes.In short, not being able to be as normal as I would like.Many people do not know what diabetes is really and do not know that it is a fucking disease.

Another thing that demoralizes me is when I see that I get very high (not many times).But I feel like a failure, I don't do it well.

I've always been thin, after I was diagnosed, I had to eat more and gained weight, but not enough.It is impossible for me to gain weight.And you will laugh because it may seem absurd, but seeing me thin depresses me a little.I would like to see myself strong and radiant, but I don't know how to gain dough.

As I have commented before, I have always tried to be positive, and I like to do sports and try to win muscle mass to see me better, but I do not.

Many times I feel that life has been unfair to me, as I don't know what I have done to deserve this.

I needed to write to vent and share it with you.

The truth is that sometimes the half -full glass is seen and other empty half also happens to me sometimes that you say go chestnut of disease, but the good thing is that you can live with diabetes not for diabetes, and remember that great peopleFrom the world, soccer players, politicians, businessmen, artists, etc. have diabetes and live, it is not the bad refrain of many ...... But you can live that is what it is about, take it as well as possible and enjoy.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2023 4:47 p.m.

Well, I suppose you will now have a flatter insulin and you will not have to make all the meals' yes or yes. ''.That is already normalizing much more.You will also have the sensor help.Things are facilitated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2023 2:31 a.m.

With diabetes of can do everything, except improvise.
All physical activity and all intake must be planned and correctly managed with insulin.That is my conclusion after year and peak of DT1

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/25/2023 11:50 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.