Pregnancy preparation

Ruthbia's profile photo   03/28/2016 3:56 p.m.

Hello everyone

A year ago debut in diabetes, just when I planned to get pregnant.My endocrine stopped me the whole process and I have been a year in fallow.
As everyone has changed my life, not only in eating habit.It has affected my work, my family relationship ... Anyway, I am not going to bore you.

In this year I have changed my domicile and therefore of doctors who have different criteria.(Before I was attended by an outference to which we called "El Talibán de la Diabétes") at home)

Total that I return to the theme of pregnancy in January 2016 and now the gynecologist puts everything very, very black for the diabets.Especially for the risk of multiple pregnancy.As every 2 months I have endo, I consult it and it tells me that with my diabets so recent there is no problem but I have to get more insulin to have more constant values ​​of120mg/dl one hour after eating.I have little with diabetes (January 2015) but if I stay at 120, at the second hour I have a hypo.Is that normal leading a sedentary life (I spend the day sitting at the OFI)?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/28/2016 3:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @ruthbia !!First of all welcome.

And now in parts hehe.I advise you to go through the thread of diabetes and pregnancy and read.You will see that many girls have had their babies, others are waiting for them and others are in preparation like you.

As for what you say that the endocrine makes you very black ... I think it's not like that.On the one hand, I think that the risk of multiple pregnancy is the same for a diabetic woman and for one that does not.I had never heard that there was a relationship between one other thing.

It is true that with pregnancy, you will have to take care of yourself much more, and that we are also asked for a little more tight values ​​than without pregnancy.When you have eaten you must be around the 140 whenever you can.And as for you have to get more insulin, it is also true, but not to achieve those values ​​in themselves, but because with the whole issue of hormones and others, a fairly important insulin resistance develops, above all from everything fromof 23-24 weeks.

And although they are adjusted values, I assure you that almost all at the end we get the balance to arrive at the time with good values ​​and do not suffer from hypos.

So good, courage and sure that here or in the thread that I told you you find a lot of help for all the doubts you have.And do not put it so black, because sacrificed if it is, but ... not as bad as you can think now

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
03/28/2016 6:51 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

Thanks Pikelinda.
The gine explained to me that the risk of multiple pregnancy is for the diabets because my current values ​​will be triggered more than with a single embryo developing.But endo denied it since my diabets is recent.
I will go to reads for pregnancy and diabets.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/29/2016 11:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.