{'en': 'April 7 - WHO Declares World Health Day for Diabetes', 'es': '7 de Abril - OMS declara día mundial de la salud para la diabetes'} Image

April 7 - WHO Declares World Health Day for Diabetes

fer's profile photo   03/29/2016 4:01 p.m.

The World Health Organization (WHO) dedicates this year the Health Day, which is commemorated every April 7, to diabetes, a disease of “overwhelming loads” and whose incidence is increasing, with more than 347 millionaffected throughout the planet.

If WHO has decided to dedicate World Health Day this year to diabetes, it is because, he explains, it is "an epidemic" that increases rapidly in many countries, especially in those of low and medium income, and alsoIt can prevent in many cases and treat in all of them.

"A great proportion of diabetes cases are preventable," says the World Health Organization, which states that "simple measures related to the way of life have been revealed effective" to prevent or delay the appearance of type 2 diabetes, such as maintenance of normal weight, periodic physical activity and a healthy diet.

Objectives

According to WHO, the main objectives of World Health Day of this year go through increasing awareness about diabetes and "its overwhelming loads and consequences, particularly in low and medium -sized income countries."

It also considers to promote a set of specific activities, "effective and affordable", to deal with diabetes, with measures to prevent it and to diagnose, treat and attend to those who live with it, more than 347 million people around the world, of which about 5.6 million are in Spain.

According to the figures managed by the Spanish Federation of Diabetics (FEDE), in Spain there are more than 5.6 million people with this disease, although more than 2.3 of them are not diagnosed.

Be that as it may, both WHO and Fede warn that the incidence of diabetes will continue to increase in the coming years and that in 2030 this disease will constitute the seventh world cause of death.In this regard, the World Health Organization indicates that in 2012 diabetes was the direct reason for 1.5 million deaths throughout the planet.

Along the same lines, WHO recalls that diabetes is an important cause of blindness, amputation and renal failure: “The combination of lack of awareness of diabetes with insufficient access to health services and essential medicines can produce complicationssuch as blindness, amputation or renal failure, ”he says.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/29/2016 4:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To those who are not far from Cartagena to look at this
Link
I will be with them from 14:30 to closing.
This association is really happy to be in it and learn so much from them.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/29/2016 10:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jconegar was a member of sodating.And we discharged for several reasons.They do an important job, it's true.But they have a pending issue and it is the protection of the child at school.Especially when we talk about totally dependent young children.I do not belittle your work, much less.But you have to fight for things that are difficult are fair.I really like your opinions and the way you help others.That is why and because you have been a child with this problem, I know you understand what I am talking about.Our family has been very hard.And I am in favor of the associations.But sodating specifically has not worried about my situation or that of many children like mine.

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
03/29/2016 11:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That day will be important for the world to become aware.But it is also important that those who represent us realize that we must cover all those who are part of this community, especially the most unprotected.And that solutions and integration must start from a consensus.And not the opinion and criteria of a few.I don't know if I explain.... but everything translates into health care in schools already.Surely you understand me.

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
03/29/2016 11:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.