Sad, freshly diagnosed with diabetes

Abigail's profile photo   04/26/2016 5:18 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am Abigail, today I was diagnosed with diabetes, I feel sad, angry, helpless but above all I am very afraid, I do not even eat, or to do or if I can continue.
I'm dying

Abigail's profile photo
Abigail
04/26/2016 5:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What you feel is normal.The day I knew I think he has been the saddest to me.Then you go to acceptance.Meanwhile, find out and do some kind of exercise ... It's time to take care of yourself.

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
04/26/2016 6:23 a.m.

Hi @abigail, do not discourage you, in the world there are millions of people with diabetes, here will you find many who can guide you and with whom to share experiences, what kind of diabetes have you diagnosed you?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/26/2016 8:06 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good morning @abigail, woman come and you'll see how then every time you get something with your struggle satisfaction will be double.
You have to be strong to fight because you'll see how you can with everything.
Where are you from?Have you received talks from an educator or endo?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/26/2016 9:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi @abigail, welcome to the forum, first of all tell you what to encourage!I understand how you must feel.
There are many new things, but you are already getting familiar with them and you will see what you can ... and here there are very good examples that with diabetes you can.
It is very good that you have joined the forum.There are always things to learn.
Tell us .. with what treatment are you?How are you carrying it?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/26/2016 11:30 a.m.

Courage, @abigail !!It is normal for you to be afraid, but I assure you to happen.Welcome to the forum!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/26/2016 12:27 p.m.

@Abigail welcome, all the feelings that you put the most and the least we have spent them with the diagnosis, but life continues and fear should not be an obstacle.Probably receive so much information requires a time for the processing, but calm that you will be more than accustomed to diabetic jargon haha.
Ask what you need and tell us a little more about you

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/26/2016 1:11 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Encourage @abigail !!!!Everything you feel is normal, little by little you will adapt, and you can with it, of course !!!Although now you see it difficult.
My daughter will do in June, a year of her diagnosis, with thirteen years ... if she can, if a lot of children can (even much smaller), and not so children can also;You will also be able to !!!!!You just need time to go.
For anything here you have us.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/26/2016 1:25 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you all for your comments, I am from Mexico and just yesterday as I said I was diagnosed, they only gave me metformin, I have to follow a diet that did not explain to me very well and in that I am lost and exercise.

Abigail's profile photo
Abigail
04/26/2016 6:21 p.m.

@Abigal much encouragement, those feelings are normal.Here we are here to help you in everything you need and also in the same circumstances as you.A hug

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/26/2016 6:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hi @abigail I have seen that you have answered me privately that you have type 2, here in the forum you will see that there are many people who too, be encouraged again and ask what you need !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/26/2016 6:34 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.