Hypoglycemia (tracing them, carbohydrates, rapid absorption, rule of 15, ...)

mamarvazq's profile photo   03/07/2017 1:21 p.m.

Hello everyone:
I would like to know how to trace, correctly, hypoglycemia by rapid absorption carbohydrates, without (very important, the SIN) a peak of hyperglycemia (& GT; 130 mg/dl) immediately after hypoglycemia.
That is, I want to know a formula similar to the well -known 15 rule, to solve a decrease in blood blood glucose (a formula that indicates the grams of HC depending on blood glucose [& lt; 70 mg/dl] and insulinactive [U.I.]).
I think the formula should include the FSI, Bob and Carbf.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/07/2017 1:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Test and leave rules: -s.I take a sugar or two with water and three Maria cookies and then I don't have hyper.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/07/2017 1:53 p.m.

hello,
I share what @"Anaisabel" says: the best thing is that you do tests and seek to meet yourself, your symptoms, your reactions, your sensitivity, etc.Well, it is never the same for all people or for all moments.
She has it measured with her sugar, I prefer to use 2.5 g glucosport pills if the hypo are not very strong or is starting to tend down when I am in 80, for example;Sometimes I have used zumitos or rice drink.The 15 HC rule, which is the first thing they told me in the health center (take a gluc-up gel ...) I am fatal, because I hypersube.Instead, there are people who are doing great.

And yes, after tracing a little, some cookie or something slower.

Neither is the degree of sensitivity of each one, nor the rapid insulin you have in the body, nor the moment of the day, nor a hypo of 40 or 60, etc.

imara's profile photo
imara
03/07/2017 2:27 p.m.

Totally agree with what the companions say.You have to try and see the amount of HC that are needed.It does not have to be 15 gr of CH, it depends on the person.After tracing (overcome the 70) to take something slow (probablimnete went down because there was plenty of insulin and that leftover is still there).

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/07/2017 3:33 p.m.

I think the same.And the 15 rule does not always work.My daughter has sometimes needed 30 min to overcome, and sometimes in which you see that with 15 gr of glucose it does not go back and we must give another contribution.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
03/08/2017 10:02 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I had never happened to take long to trace hypoglycemia until last night.I remember that I am type 2 and sometimes, after exercise or walk I have had values ​​between 40 and 70. But in those cases I have taken a glass of milk, juice and it has come back to me again.Last night it took about 45 minutes to get from 60 to 80, when I finally decided to go to bed.I had to take 3 glasses of milk and 3 cookies chiquilín with sugar.
I have no idea what that hiccup came to: I had more hydrates than usually because I am at the in -law of the in -laws, but come on, that they were two croquettes!And a beer, then salad and ham.
I think it had a rebound effect: it possibly uploaded the sugar and my pancreas released a lot of insulin.What do you think?

anif's profile photo
anif
12/24/2019 5:04 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Could be..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/26/2019 4:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.