What to do if you don't want to snack

Rosi's profile photo   04/26/2016 1:13 p.m.

Hello, until now it had never happened to me but yesterday the girl did not want, but at 6:30 p.m. or 19h, are I hungry?Because if I put insulin I would overlap with that of dinner and as they told me that until after 3 hours I could not put, and wait until 22:00 for dinner is already too late.
Thanks

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
04/26/2016 1:13 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

@Rosi The same are the breasts to advise better in the case of children, but I tell you that in my case I always did, if I do not mend or do it later, I punctuate at the time that I eat and I do not think how long it will take laterIn eating again.
If it is true that if then I have to put insulin before three hours, I have what a figure I have and if I have an active insulin, so as not to correct myself.Also now I have the device, which being bolus accountant already gives me the suck of what I have still active

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/26/2016 1:27 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

My daughter takes something without hydrate the day that is hungry for anything for dinner.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/26/2016 1:29 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rosi told me the doctor who took into account the slow insulin he carries.If you want to take something to endure until dinner, it is not necessary to be 4 rations of hydrates or that you click.You will already correct at dinner ...
Like when they are sick and vomit .....

mogi's profile photo
mogi
04/26/2016 3:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Okk, thanksssss, I hadn't thought about giving him something without hydrates, it is a good idea, and the issue of active insulin that has left yet I don't know how to look.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
04/27/2016 9:13 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Hi @Rosi !!To look at the active insulin you have to think when it was the last time you click and calculate that it lasts more or less active about 3 hours.It has a peak of action and then it is decreasing.But what @Mogi tells you is a Pefecta solution that we also put into practice, which is to take some sausage, or a small handful of nuts (small, small) ... thus it will reach dinner well.: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
04/28/2016 1:14 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.