Questionnaire on insulin supply and glucose measurement devices.

Anuar Samuel's profile photo   03/13/2017 7:12 p.m.

I hope everyone is very well, in this topic, I would like to have their support and answer the following questions about the use of devices for the supply of insulin and glucose measurement, the purpose of this questionnaire is to evaluate current technologies.This information will be of great help to know the trends about the users of these devices.
Class questionnaire: Leadership for business innovation.

1. What problems identifies in devices for insulin supply currently available in the market (syringes, feathers, bombs)?

2. What are the main problems involved in a traditional glucometer?

3. Could some market niches identify in relation to these devices?That is, a portion of the market segment in which individuals have homogeneous characteristics and needs, but are not completely covered by the general market offer.

4. If you see the need to acquire an insulin dosing device, what characteristics would they be desirable?

5. Do you consider that there is an area of ​​opportunity in the development of medical devices for the treatment of diabetes (both glucometers and insulin dosing)?

6. Do you consider that scientific research on insulin supply in diabetic patients is a necessity?Because?

7. Do you know of any technological trend that is being investigated for the treatment of diabetes?

8. Do you consider that the device involved in the patent could compete with current and/or “new technologies´´?

9. What would be the ideal characteristics for an insulin and/or glucometer dosing device?(They can be unattainable for current technology)

Anuar Samuel's profile photo
Anuar Samuel
03/13/2017 7:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would add the question 10.- Do you think there is a real interest in the health of the diabetic and its quality of life in public health, new technology researchers for diabetics, laboratories, etc., or is a pure economic interest without attendinghealth, true needs and possibilities and make their lives a bit normal?My answer: Everything is economic interest

sllf's profile photo
sllf
03/13/2017 8:26 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

... and answering to the questionnaire, since for economic interest I can only access what provides social security:
1.- Feathers problem: there is no real fast insulin, the current ones have their action at 2-3 hours and this is a real problem to act
2.- They should give information about the trend of glucose, as do the current MCG or Freestyle
3.- Do you have to consider as a market niche that we cannot access the MCG for its cost?Surely we are not the damn word of "market niche."This is the interest in the health of the diabetic !!!
4.- Insulin dispenser with MCG and identifier of both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia, acting in these cases with glucagon (if necessary), in addition to stopping the supply should insulin.That is, the famous artificial pancreas, if possible with the lower dimensions and catheter
5.- The development of the artificial pancreas mentioned above, development of the investigation of encapsulated beta cells, etc.But if it is at the expense that only a few economically privileged can access, for me every investigation is more.
6.- Of course.Because it is the basis of our deficit.The development of investigations on encapsulated beta cells would mean a before and after.But I return to the same, if it is at the expense of economic interest, like everything that is currently, for me there is plenty of.
7.- Artificial pancreas, continuous glucose meters, glucose supply patches (omnipod), in the end, there are hailos but ... for economic interest only, not for interest of quality of life for the diabetic making it accessible to all.
8.- Of course ... depending on economic profits, once again.
9.- I have already mentioned in point 4, so I will not repeat myself in the same, just add to that: that it is accessible to all diabetics, that is, that it is subsidized by social security.But this doesn't fit, right?And they are attainable by current technology, which is not attainable is by the greed and economic ambition of those responsible.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
03/13/2017 8:57 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

anuar samuel said:
1.What problems identifies in devices for insulin supply currently available in the market (syringes, feathers, bombs)? The feathers are too long to carry them in the pants.Continuous bombs and meters ... I'm not interested in carrying anything nailed to the body.

2. What are the main problems involved in a traditional glucometer?

Being to make blood, the price of the strips and that the SS is less and less.

4. If you see the need to acquire an insulin dosing device, what characteristics would they be desirable?

that did not have a catheter inserted in the body.That everything was inside the body like the encapsulated cells that the previous forero says.

5. Do you consider that there is an area of ​​opportunity in the development of medical devices for the treatment of diabetes (both glucometers and insulin dosing)?

Only at the high scientific level, encapsulated and inserted cells for example.If what you want is to make money with small improvements in current apps or non -apps, then not.

6. Do you consider that scientific research on insulin supply in diabetic patients is a necessity?Because?

because the current treatment is either with bolis or pump is a p*ta m ** rda.Ineffective and slavery.

7. Do you know of any technological trend that is being investigated for the treatment of diabetes?

Many but are very slow.The most interesting for me is the encapsulation of modified kidney cells to act as beta cells, these are more resistant to the lack of oxygen than the beta cells of the pancreas, and do not die when they are encapsulated.

9. What would be the ideal characteristics for an insulin and/or glucometer dosing device?(They can be unattainable for current technology)
The only improvement that I hope is a real artificial pancreas, that is, it is totally implantable and with living cells that instantly respond to glucose increases.

My answers.:)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/13/2017 11:33 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.