Falls

Sorprendido's profile photo   03/30/2016 8:31 p.m.

Hello everyone

I went to my background review every year.Phenomenal, after 28 years of evolution, type I. The retina fully clean.I told him that very well but I didn't see very well.Then he told me he had a cataract principle.I was in pictures.He told me, even being premature for my age, 57, in diabetics it is normal.Come on, in case we no longer had threats of complications ... also ballots for cataracts.

There is no doubt, the milonga that if we took care of each other we would not have complications, that a milonga !, Similar to that extended that we can lead a normal life and others.It is many years and one concludes that complications .... will arrive, yes or yes.Let them delay after more care ... Okay.But we must not forget that it is a degenerative disease, that accelerates aging and with it comes what we all know.

Greetings

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
03/30/2016 8:31 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Man ... I with 49 years I have cataracts in one eye ... and I am not diabetic.
The cataracts can be hereditary and the gene that produces them is autosomal dominant, which means that the defective gene will cause the condition, even if only one of the parents transmits it.
Anyway, even being the issue of diabetes as you say (one **? !!^), perhaps cataracts are not for this reason.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/30/2016 9:39 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Sometimes you say that you are diabetic and they blame everything, neither should we exaggerate.That obviously we are more likely than many other patients from which certain things happen to us, totally agree, but I do not know, in the end it does not mean that it happens to us as to everyone, we become older and with age all the fights are coming out haha.
I know that I will have older cataracts, because years ago they told me in a revision, that I had something that indicated that it would be, but nothing to do with diabetes.
You have to take care of yourself, we more, but it should be something general.He who has no cholesterol, has the tension, the one who does not tartitis ...

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/30/2016 10:13 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Sorprendido I know very young people who have had to operate cataracts and had no diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2016 11:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, having an incipient cataract at age 57, is perfectly normal.Obviously, and probably for environmental reasons, the appearance of cataracts has advanced something in relation to what happened 40 years ago, but there is no reason to relate it to diabetes.
In what if I agree is, that the complications of the disease, retinopathy and nephropathy, will appear, but that, far from contemplating it as a misfortune, it must be considered as inexorable and being prevented.With this philosophy, the game is won

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
03/31/2016 7:31 a.m.

I would have to move these words and reasoning, which I see very reasonable and sensible, to this doctor of mine. As my own Nick indicates, I was "surprised."It is obvious that I did not know everything that concerns this of the cataracts, what they consist of, when they appear, and as practically there is no ailment that is outside the bag of the diabetes .... that was what I did, incorporate, without more, without more,other.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
03/31/2016 1:14 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Diabetes is a very treacherous disease because its pathological base is in blood vessels.First in the small vessels, eye and kidney, and later in the large ones, which explains the special incidence of vascular diseases in diabetics.But look where, the lens that is overshadowed, giving rise to the cataract, has no vessels

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
03/31/2016 6:34 p.m.

Thank you, ophthalmologist, your explanation is most illustrative, clear and rigorous at the same time.The doctor who saw me, told me that in 6 or 7 months a new exploration should be made to see how it has evolved.As a professional I imagine, do you see it a reasonable time?
The other day I listened that the main cause of death in Spain is still the diseases related to the circulatory system ... to consider it as diabetics.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
04/01/2016 11:57 a.m.

Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.