Do I have the right to a disability certificate if I have diabetes?

fer's profile photo   04/11/2016 8:06 p.m.

A disability is a physical, mental or intellectual deficiency that prevents participating in society in full equal conditions than others

The Royal Decree 1971/19991* establishes four classes of disability percentage in the case of diabetes, but it must be taken into account that to reach the minimum minimum required it is necessary to be within classes 3 and 4:

Class 1: It does not grant any percentage, 0%.You will not be able to accept any percentage of disability in the event that you are a patient with asymptomatic diabetes and follow a pharmacological and dietary treatment.

Class 2: Between 1% and 24% disability, which could be granted if you have asymptomatic diabetes but whose correct treatment is not able to maintain adequate metabolic control or when there is evidence of diabetic microangiopathy defined by retinopathy or persistent albuminuriagreater than 30 mg/dl.

Class 3: between 25% and 49%.It requires that you had to be hospitalized for acute decompensations of your diabetes, up to three times in a year and with a duration of more than 48 hours each.

Class 4: between 50% and 70%.It is also granted if you have to be hospitalized for acute decompensations, but more than three times in a year.

According to the regulations, the disability percentages granted in classes 3 and 4 are only conferred if the acute decompensations of diabetes are not caused by inappropriate therapeutic control by the patient.

In addition, in both cases it will be reviewed at two years.If this time has not produced new hospitalizations, the disability certificate will be withdrawn.If other diseases or chronic complications or complications will also be assessed at the time of granting the certificate.

To request a disability certificate you must go to your usual medical center, where you will indicate the steps you must follow to complete the request.You must provide all the medical and psychological reports you have to guarantee the request for your disability.

The valuation and guidance team (EVO), formed by a doctor, a psychologist and a social worker is responsible for evaluating what percentage of disability corresponds to each patient, starting from the medical reports he presents and of the medical, psychological and social examinationto do it.

*Royal Decree 1971/1999, of December 23, of Procedure for the Recognition, Declaration and Qualification of the Degree of Disability

fer's profile photo
fer
04/11/2016 8:06 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, the thing is difficult.

But did not say that until recently in some communities they gave you up to 33% of disability, just because they were diabetic?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/11/2016 11:27 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello, dedicating myself to construction all my life working in a family business of my own I had always seen it as something useless and not advisable since my previous job that I am currently retired is not advisable if you are a chronic patient of diabetes mellitus 1. After a work accidentI was retired from my previous trades and now I am working 4 hours a day as a health and studying at the same time.I am total permanent disability is 39% 34% for diabetes and 5% that will increase in a few months due to the amputation of my right foot.As a mason ex officio worked for companies that did not even let you look at your sugar, and made you feel like a weirdo.If you have access and possibility of getting the disability, it is good and entails help.I have always been against the non -payment of payroll in reference to your sex but it still has more crime than a disabled is paid less money.Not because of having a disability but because of the treatment you sometimes receive from society I always ask myself the same question who is the real disabled me or the one who does nothing but criticize me.There I leave that question a greeting to all the classmates

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 4:27 a.m.

K5288pn25.

In my case, I was waiting for 22 months to resolve the application for disability (almost nothing), in addition to diabetes and retinopathy, I have a couple of more autoimmune diseases, for all this, I give me 37%.
Actually, the aid is minimal, I do not know if it is nationally or in my CCAA, it helps to buy a new car and a floor (it is not something that is done every little time, and I live rent, so notI am at all), exemption from the impustment of circulation and a monthly personal income tax (this is effective).

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/26/2020 9 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.