Is it normal to inject so much to control myself?

JMavs's profile photo   03/31/2017 11:37 a.m.

I know that each person is a world and all that but with 7 years I started with type 1 diabetes ... and now 14 years later I realize that I shed much more insulin than the rest of diabetics ... about 40-45 daily units of Lantus and for meals and that perhaps 14-17 of Humalog ...

The diabetics of my surroundings have told me that they put between 6-8 and of Lantus about 20-25 ... I don't know what this is due and I want to ask if someone else happens ...

That is, my controls are perfect and I control glucose levels very well but with a lot of insulin in each puncture.

JMavs's profile photo
JMavs
03/31/2017 11:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nor is it so much, I get the same.Do you eat a lot or do you exercise little?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/31/2017 11:56 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thank you for answering, for the subject of work and university I only take weekends to do some exercise ... and in terms of food because it is normal, neither much nor little because I do not want to swell haha.

The truth is that you have left me quieter.Thank you

JMavs's profile photo
JMavs
03/31/2017 noon

I also click a lot of insulin, although my diabetes is type 2 and the reason is a huge resistance to such .......... The important thing is to control the maximum hyper and hypos and achieve good glycosilada !!!

Luiggi 11's profile photo
Luiggi 11
04/02/2017 12:33 a.m.

It is not much insulin, but after a few years using it it is possible that your body does not metabolize it the same.You have tried to tell your endocrine that it changes to insulin Deglutec, Mark Tresiba? It will work better

Rasputin7's profile photo
Rasputin7
04/04/2017 9:17 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 2, año 94
lantus 54- 40 novorapid, 24-20-16
ahora, Tresiba degludec 50u

@"Jmavs" The important thing is glucose controls, not the amount of insulin you wear.Each one is a world and we can never compare ourselves with what another diabetic is put or stopped.So do not worry about the amount!;)

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/07/2017 10:44 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I believe that we should never compare ourselves with other diabetics if they get more or less, or compare what we put on and get.
Surely we do not do the same, it is not the same life at all, the same stress, the same sport ...
Just look at the controls, insulin is to use it, the important thing is that you go well do not look at the amount you really do not worry that is the least.
Your endo will be in charge of seeing if something does not work well, but you finish agreeing with him you will always have another professional to change if you are sure.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/08/2017 12:31 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.