In the Hospital of Pediatric Specialties, up to three children and adolescents with diabetes are diagnosed every month.

But after that tragedy, small victims and their families suffer from another: medications to treat them are scarce.

Mirianeth Ávila is desperate because he does not get the medications that his daughter needs in time, who at four years was diagnosed with children's diabetes.

“His sugar does not fall from 273 (milligrams per deciliter), the dangerous thing is that from 250 up is dangerous.If I'm not aware, I fall into a diabetic coma, ”he says.

The girl needs a type of insulin that is not easily achieved and is expensive.

“There is shortages (in public pharmacies).And on top of that, I bought the insulin of a pen in one, now pharmacies want to sell the four -feather package, for $ 80, ”he adds.

In the Health Center of Paraíso, where the medicine is commonly achieved, they recognize that they are processing their supply.

Leonardo Labrador, an official of the Medical Center, explains that insulin is "strict care because it must be refrigerated so as not to be contaminated.""It must be requested according to patients who merit it," he adds.

Neri Vega, from Los Santos, suffers from another face of the problem.His nephew with diabetes needs to measure the blood glucose level and inject twice a day.

But the Social Security Fund is demanding that you return the glucometer that the child uses, because it is left without insurance.

"They gave it to us in the Polyclinic of the City of the Saints, and now they are demanding the return: but without that device he cannot be!", He claims.

Liliana Nil, from the Hospital of Pediatric Specialties, argues that a child with weight loss, tiredness, drowsiness, which drinks a lot of water and urine can often be suffering from diabetes.

The hospital where he works attended last year to 230 patients.