{'en': 'They help New York to prevent and control diabetes', 'es': 'Ayudan a neoyorquinos a prevenir y controlar la diabetes'} Image

They help New York to prevent and control diabetes

fer's profile photo   04/28/2016 11:01 a.m.

Annual exhibition at Jacob Javits Convention Center will offer free information, education and resources about the disease

If you suffer from diabetes, you have a relative who suffers from this disease, or simply wantIt will be held this Saturday in New York City.

The event, which will take place at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in Manhattan, will bring together organizations, companies and experts about this disease, which will offer free information and resources in several languages ​​(including Spanish), in order toEducate the community about this evil that affects millions of people in New York and throughout the country.

"Approximately 1.6 million people in New York are living with diabetes, so it is one of the most important and shocking health problems in our area," said Dr. Susan Beane, vice president and medical director of Healthfirc, insurance company that isThe official sponsor of the 2016 Expo.

During the event there will be access to doctors and medical care suppliers, who will offer free health exams and make multilingual presentations on how to prevent diabetes or how to control it effectively in case they already suffer from it.

Also, Expo attendees will be able to participate in healthy cooking demonstrations by local chefs and celebrities, and may obtain tips on exercises, by experts in physical conditioning.With this they can acquire basic knowledge to have a more active and healthy lifestyle.

Diabetes affects more than 29.1 million children and adults in the US, and more than 1.6 million people in New York.According to the ADA, type 2 diabetes is more frequent in African Americans and Latinos, especially those of Mexican, Cuban and Puerto Rican origin.

on the 2016 Expo

The 2016 Expo of the ADA will be held this Saturday, April 30 in the northern wing of Jacob Javits Convention Center in Manhattan from 10 am to 4 pm.The address is the 655 West 34th Street.For more information you can visit: www.diabetes.org/newyorkexpo or calling line 212-725-4925, ext.3439.

For more information about diabetes you can visit the ADA page: www.diabetes.org or call 1-800-342-2383.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/28/2016 11:01 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

We went on a trip to NY and it turns out that it agreed with this that you name or similar, and do you know because I find out?What did they stop to give me the charta, hahahaha ... and what did I tell them?That it was diabetic, and that with the food in that country there were still few diabetics, hahaha ...

Pq is not that they eat badly, no, they eat worse !!!I have never had sugar as bad as that week, and that they were kicked with 12 hours, and without eating sweets, just the normal food there ...

Anyway, they would have to change so many aspects of the diet .... Also the cheaper is the food, the more sugar it carries, that is why some sectors are more affected than others, because those that are from Money do not eat the same as those of classmedium or low.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/28/2016 11:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anzazuleg how small is the world!:)) :)) :)) :))

Certainly, there is much more complicated to maintain a healthy diet, or at least, without leaving the salary only in that!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/28/2016 12:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

maneee .... I also had been there for three days complaining about how bad he ate, and when they stopped me ... that the one I stop was a Hispanic, I lack time to tell him a few things, that rests left me,:))

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
04/28/2016 12:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.