My 19 sister has diabetes 10 years ago, but lately her blood glucose is going through the clouds.

ramirocastillo93's profile photo   04/29/2016 3:52 a.m.

First, good to all, I just recorded here.And I do it because I think that as a family we have touched background.

My 19 -year -old little sister has lived with diabetes for 10 years and the truth is that she has never been able to control her 100% diabetes and I think that many must understand how frustrating it is for us and especially for her to try to control herAnd not being able.She has had insulin bomb, has consulted many renowned doctors in my country (Chile) who only challenge her for not having her controlled glucose level and have never granted her a solution that serves her.As an older brother, I can attest how much she tried to control her condition before surrendering almost completely to the abnormal levels of sugar she presents in her measurements.In fact, he already sees it as normal and generally says "nothing to do."In addition, she is very athlete and ate well until recently, before "surrendering" almost completely.

This is what led me to look for other types of aid, because demotivation is completely seizing his head and we saw that going to more doctors is not doing results.

I think it is no longer useful for us to tell you if you are doing it right or wrong, let's tell you that we are worried, I think that is no longer useful if you are not willing to change a mentality.Adding to this, he has never had someone diabetic with whom to be able to chat and share his experience and we are not helpful, if no one of us really understands how his life is.For the same reason I will tell him tomorrow, because now he sleeps, that he registered here and can express himself and hopefully find the motivation he lacks (I do not know how he had not occurred to us before, I think we were too engaged in what the doctors had to say) since I read a few issues expressing similar things and I find that it is a great way to vent.

But the main reason I am writing for, is to ask you if you know someone who has had a "completely uncontrollable" blood glucose level that has finally been able to control it, to be able to understand that it is possible to reverse the situation for which it ispassing, make the corresponding decisions and motivate to continue trying and thus be able to continue with his normal life, since here no doctor has given in the nail.

Possibly if she registered and read this, I hate me for a couple of years, because perhaps what I wrote has nothing to do with what really happens or feels, or perhaps I did not want to share it.But this is what I have seen and I need to see what is fine, I need that smile in your face longer.The frustration is already out of the pores!

I regret the message so long and I don't know if it is well posted ha ha ha.
Greetings and thank you very much for reading!

ramirocastillo93's profile photo
ramirocastillo93
04/29/2016 3:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Ramirocastillo93, I understand you perfectly and the word is none other than frustration for not being able to do more, help more, know more, it is very hard to see someone you worship and claudicate.You have done very well to register here and encourage you as soon as you see her receptive to registering her, that she reads and as soon as she looks forward to sharing and ask ... Of course you can find solutions and improve many things, here the information constantly flowsAnd sharing personal experiences is the best help.Among many we can give ourselves answers, think of common, synergies are created.Cheer up, I understand very well, I also need to see in my daughter that smile to which you mean and that illuminates me and gives me impulse.A hug ;;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
04/29/2016 8:49 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I don't know if you have tried the new basal insulins, Toujeo or Tresiba. They are giving very good results, combining them quickly at meals
What insulins do you use?
Do you get fast before each meal?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2016 8:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.