{'en': 'Hypoglycemia correction before food', 'es': 'Correccion hipoglucemia antes de comida'} Image

Hypoglycemia correction before food

mariah14's profile photo   05/06/2016 5:30 p.m.

I have a huge doubt. There is little that we are part of this world (my daughter is diabetic) and perhaps you see the question, but:

What do you do if you have a hiccup just before eating?

My daughter at the hospital one day that she had her told her to start for the dessert, but then the endocrine told us that the hypo was first to correct (I give water with sugar) and then eat, but I do soThen he uploads it a lot ...

The starting of the fruit seems more correct but the problem is that at home he eats fatal (and very slow).

What I do is correct it and then subtract that ration of HC to food and insulin I put it when you are eating or later to avoid further down.

How do you do it?

Thank you so much!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/06/2016 5:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can take a glucosport or glucose supplement to wait 10 min and eat by clicking half the food the corresponding insulin doses

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
05/06/2016 6:52 p.m.

Hypoglycemia are first corrected, without passing, and then eaten.

Example: You drink some cocacola to correct, then at 10 minutes you start eating and clicking in the middle of the food or at the end.

Something of rapid action such as Cocacola should not be mixed, intended to correct a hypo, with food when the hypo has not yet been corrected.The food makes the other one that you are taking more slowly absorbed.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/06/2016 7:12 p.m.

You can give it a juice and wait 20 min to click and eat normally.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/06/2016 8:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And do you subtract those HC to food or not ??
For the rest I do as you say, I give it water with 5 gr.I wait for 10 minutes and start eating and insulin during food.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/07/2016 9:29 a.m.

It depends on the value of the hypo and I do one thing or another.
If I have food done in the absence of less than half an hour and a figure not very low, 60-80, I advance and how, that I wait to finish the food to put insulin, I try to be above 80 before doing so.
If I have more than half an hour left or I am in less than 60, I correct as others say, I take gel, sugar, cocacola and how it goes up, when the time to eat comes I put insulin and as always.
I still tell you that it costs that something more of the account does not rise in those cases, but if it happens later, it is worse, it is worse not to correct the hypo than to be a little higher later, and if your daughter takes time to eat I would opt for the secondOption, but it's a matter of trying what she is doing well

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/07/2016 2:06 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Do not rest the juice, just correct the hypo

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/07/2016 2:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My daughter comes many times to food with hypoglycemia.It depends on what is missing to eat ...., if it is more than half an hour, juice and see the 10 min.If it has climbed and then eats normal.If it is just before eating, take some juice sips and then start with the habitual hydrates and rations ....

mogi's profile photo
mogi
05/07/2016 8:31 p.m.

Today he had 37 before eating at 2:00 p.m. and having lunch at 12:00 a banana (2 HC rations) and having at 11:00 in the morning 235 glucose.My daughter is 2 years old and Mdio goes to keep and not make marathons ... This is uncontrollable.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/09/2016 5:40 p.m.

My daughter corrects the hypo, which instead of taking the whole juice or the glyc up, is taken only half.
At the beginning of the course he spent several days in which he always had hypo at the last minute of class, like half an hour before eating, we solve it by increasing a ration of lunch hydrate.When it started with normal schedule and when we overtake its usual rations before.
Everything is a matter of providing what works best in your case.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/10/2016 1:20 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.