Start with hypothyroidism treatment with eutirox

freshfighter's profile photo   05/02/2016 5:41 p.m.

Hi there,

First of all, I am new here, I have been a diabetic patient for almost 13 years, and well, in the last review with my endocrine I appeared the slightly high TSH, and so I started with the TTO.For hypothyroidism, I have been taking 50 micrograms in fasting 30min for a week before breakfast, and since I started with the Tto.I have shot my sugar, I have no control there are times that I am in 120 to have breakfast, at lunch at 110 but then in the food I arrived with 230, and not lunch anything different from what I used to do before, however afterCenar I can be in 150 and at 4 in the morning being in 65, it is chaos.I have commented with my endocrine and says that you have to readjust the dose, but I really do not understand how I can do it, because the change has been too abrupt.

I wanted to know if someone has had this experience and what solutions have put.I currently do about 5 days of intense and a half hour sport per day, and I have a full -time physical job, that is, I am not exactly sedentary, and I am in Tto with Lantus and Humalog Kwik Pen.

All the best
Thanks in advance.

freshfighter's profile photo
freshfighter
05/02/2016 5:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I can only tell you that I have been with Eutirox since I debuted 8 years ago, I started with 50 and now I am with 150 and I never thought that medication could alter the sugar.Let's see if anyone knows anything else.
All the best

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
05/02/2016 6:37 p.m.

I also have hypothyroidism and I take 100 and 75 of levothyroxine (it depends on the day) but does not affect me glycemia.Before being diagnosed, all values, hemo, cholesterol, etc., but what I had many hypos were decompensated.Once the thyroid was controlled, everything returned to normal.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/02/2016 7:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi, I'm Diabet1 for 11 years ... I have some hyperthyroids and diabetes relationship ..?

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
05/03/2016 12:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.