Concern about the sensitivity factor and ratio HC/ 1 ud of insulin

FátimaGV's profile photo   04/18/2017 2:52 p.m.

Hello, now that I am more controlled, I have calculated the sensitivity factor again since I have seen things that did not square me and the ratio of hydrates / insulin and it turns out that the sensitivity factor gives me 20 ml and the ratio 0.5Hydrates a unit.

The case that is scares me that my sensitivity level is so low, I have to get a lot of insulin, 25 Levemir tomorrow 24 Levemir night, and quickly many taking into account the ratio of 0.5.

Yesterday I had the sugar to more than 200 in the morning and put the quick one taking into account the factor I had before it was 45 and I did not get regular, and after eating the ratio of 20 and perfect at 5:00 p.m.H already had the 114 insulin.

Can it be because I do much better exercise and therefore I have gain weight?Do you see normal a factor of 20?It may be that it is overwhelming me a little since I did not take into account these things that I have been learning with you.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
04/18/2017 2:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
Each diabetic is a world and therefore almost nothing can be considered abnormal.

In addition, for me the really important thing is the HC ratio.

The insulin sensitivity factor (by the way, formula too simple and that is too little personal, with a single parameter) comes out after trying with the ratios and that they do well.

The most important thing is to keep your sugar levels as close to normal, if you get it you have everything won.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
03/17/2020 8:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.