Food composition scanner

morgana's profile photo   05/12/2016 10:37 a.m.

Hello, does anyone know this?Apparently it is a small scanner that tells you by an app the composition of food

Link

morgana's profile photo
morgana
05/12/2016 10:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First news @Morgana, but it seems fascinating, if this device existed and gave you with total security the information and carbohydrates specifically, it would be great, we could calculate the necessary insulin very precisely.

I copy the news here to facilitate your reading:

Tellspec, the laser spectrometer that knows what your food is made of

Imagine that you can know exactly the amount of calories that the dish that you are about to eat in a restaurant has, if an ice cream is really free of gluten, what are the exact ingredients of a cake, or if a piece of fruit has pesticides.

Tellspec promises all that, and best of all, it is a gadget of the size of a keychain that fits perfectly in the pocket.

The device is made up of a low intensity laser beam which is what is used to scan the food.A spectrophotometer collects the way in how photons bounce on the object we are analyzing and makes a count in attention to their wavelength.

The data is sent by low consumption Bluetooth to a mobile device with an application that sends the data to a server.The server algorithms analyze the data received and make them an exhaustive list of ingredients shown on the smartphone screen.The service is not free.A subscription is necessary.

The good news is that the subscription implies a maintenance of the server that analyzes food, and a continuous update of food and their compositions by professionals, not by users who sometimes have more will than knowledge.The Canadian company behind Tellspec is taking the device very seriously.

On November 30, Tellspec managed to finish his financing round in Indiegogo raising more than triple what he needed to begin with.After the campaign, it is possible to book a device from its official website at a price that starts from 320 dollars with a year of subscription to the service included.

It is not cheap, but collective with food intolerances such as celiacs can improve their quality of life a lot thanks to this gossip.Not to mention that you will delight fans of healthy eating.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/12/2016 11:34 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Today I have seen another model.Let's see if someone has more information .....

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/12/2016 11:47 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I had heard a while ago .... Another pot for the backpack: P

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/12/2016 9:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had read about it a long time ago, but I honestly did not believe that I came to see it, I thought it would be another of many inventions that end up in some drawer 8- |

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/12/2016 11:46 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@gemater As you comment this takes time.When I see it I believe it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/13/2016 12:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, it would be wonderful, it would end up having how bad it is given to me;)

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
05/13/2016 12:52 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.