{'en': 'Disabled with diabetes, 4 months ago he does not receive insulin (Argentina)', 'es': 'Minusválido con diabetes, hace 4 meses que no recibe insulina (Argentina)'} Image

Disabled with diabetes, 4 months ago he does not receive insulin (Argentina)

fer's profile photo   05/12/2016 12:21 p.m.

José Pérez is diabetic and is in a wheelchair.You must perform a healthy diet, which combines meat, fish, fruits and vegetables.In addition, insulin should be injected twice a day, to compensate for its blood sugar level.Today, with the inflationary climbing, its diet is based on noodles and rice, and for 4 months the nation does not give it the insulin it needs.

In that context, he decided to go to the door of the municipality with a poster to make his problem visible and get help.

“For my type of diabetes, I need an imported insulin.And I have not received it for more than 4 months, ”José 0223 told José.

In these months he communicated with people who are insulin -dependent, who facilitated some doses.The other option that would allow you to improve your quality of life is to drink a lot of water and walk, but your disability prevents you from exercising.

“I would have to eat meat, fish, fruits and vegetables.But like that, I am a target, ”he explained.

During his passage through the municipality, José was attended by the Secretary of Health Gustavo Blanco and that of Social Development, Vilma Baragiola.They managed a meeting in the CEMA to apply a dose of the necessary insulin, but the man knows that he is barely a patch for his situation.

The insulin that he applies must be provided by the Ministry of Health of the Nation, through the teacher, so he knows that any other organism will not be able to give a definitive response."In addition, they have already tried and the problem is that the guy I need is not," he warned.

"And what can happen to you, José?"

-A infarction or a stroke.At this moment I am with 350 sugar.The ideal would be to walk, but I can't.So I'm still waiting.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/12/2016 12:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What kind of insulin do you need and where is it from?

majo's profile photo
majo
07/02/2022 5:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.