{'en': 'Experiences living abroad.AID', 'es': 'Experiencias viviendo en el extranjero. AYUDA'} Image

Experiences living abroad.AID

Leticia21's profile photo   04/23/2017 6 p.m.

Hello chic@s,

Probably in a few months I have to move to live in France and I have many doubts.

What a medical coverage I have there.How can I have my insulin and strips?Also my case is that since November of last year I have the Medtronic bomb so I don't know how I will have the catheter and others.

I will leave for 3 years for my partner's work.He has been told that we must get the European health card and that if I am in his private insurance it covers me ... but I don't see it so clear.

I have many doubts.

I don't know if someone can help me and has some experience outside Spain.

Thank you all.

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
04/23/2017 6 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am very interested in this issue ... since I look out of Spain in a not too distant period.If I have not done it, it is already because of the moves that entails that.I am also a firefighter for a couple of months

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
04/23/2017 10:12 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

This is a topic that I have always asked, but since I have not been forced I have not investigated yet, but it would be very interesting to know details, to see if there is someone here who has been living outside and I can illustrate us a little

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
04/24/2017 3:14 p.m.

I am very lost and they have already told my partner that in July it would have to be there.
I will take an appointment in Social Security to see what the European health card covers me and inform myself of everything.
I will also go to know what coverage I would have with them.
I will also put what they tell me and so I inform you to those who are with those doubts too.

Leticia21
04/24/2017 5:44 p.m.

If you have French employment contract, you will quote the SS from there and you will need complementary insurance because the French SS does not have 100% total coverage, there is 20% or so you must pay you.In my company, as a benefit, they cover that part with corporate insurance and complement us.(Eye, I know why I chat with them, I don't know how it works)
To my fellow diabetic in France my company covers them free.

If you go as an companion, you will have to come to Spain every 3 months for medications and material .... being chronic.There are only emergencies or diseases that appear there with the European card;If you are chronic, they will not cover it if you are not registered in your system and pays there.Here we do the same, we only attend to them when they are specific things: such as hips, transplants, etc .... My less bad that we are caught from time to time ... often we have the British and Germans.

Moreover, when you leave your autonomy, they already tell you that you should ask for medications for your stay outside ... My parents come from their second home every two months for recipes .... do not give them to them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/25/2017 12:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Call Social Security and with the European health card cover you 90 days (and being registered in Spain quoting).
You have to have there as says @"ruthbia" employment contract to be able to welcome your social security.
Now I have to go to inform myself and put myself a beneficiary of my partner, but first I have to give up my social security and leave my job .... Let's go a roll ... I'm very worried.
Let's see what I solve.

Leticia21
04/26/2017 12:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.