Cause complications diabetes

albertot's profile photo   05/09/2016 4:50 p.m.

It takes me for a while around this question ... Let's see if anyone can give me a hand.The complications associated with diabetes, we have more or less clear, but: What exactly these problems?High sugar in blood for prolonged times that damages our vascular system?The pronounced glycemic variability?Or is it not known for sure?

That is, in the hypothetical, ideal, imaginary, utopian ... case that I could maintain my glucose levels within the values ​​of a non -diabetic person: would it have the same possibilities for example that I spoil a kidney as a kidney as anon -diabetic person?Or is there anything else that escapes me (type my immune system also attacks the kidney / eyes or something)?

@Oftalmologo tagged you, maybe you can illuminate me.

Thank you so much

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/09/2016 4:50 p.m.

Let's see, this is not opinion, but information.I am not a researcher but clinical, so what I am going to say, is published and admitted internationally.
The pathological principle of diabetic retinopathy, and I suppose that it also applies to nephropathy, is based on the fact that excess blood glucoseAnd brain, that is, it is a microangiopathy.The great vessels are also affected, but specifically, they are the little ones, those involved in the problem.The reason that the ocular complications are more frequent is based on the fact that the retina has 6 times more oxygen needs than the brain itself, so it is much more sensitive to the decrease of it.
The small lesions of blood microvases, begin a deterioration, irreversible and progressive of blood vessels, which is more intense and evolves faster the higher the level of blood sugar, until culminating with such serious retinal lesions, which in absenceof treatment, they flow into blindness.
This is the theory.According to my experience, things work exactly like that, and I have proven on numerous occasions that, well -controlled patients from the metabolic point of view, take many more years and develop milder and more controllable retinopathies, than poorly controlled.With these premises, we can affirm that a hypothetical diabetic patient that always maintained glucose levels within the normal parameters (we already know that this is absolutely impossible), it would not have to develop retinopathy or nephropathy.
I am aware of the difficulty that, a person outside of medicine, they have to etender all this.If you want me to clarify some point, I am at your disposal

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
05/10/2016 5:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much @Oftalmologo!It is clear to me.Diabetes is a very slave disease, and it gives me moral to know that carrying the best possible glycemic control can be avoided (or at least delay / reduce gravity) complications.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/10/2016 11:08 p.m.

Do vascular alterations include capillaries?
I am filling with red -blooded red dots that break my body.The worst in the face, of course.The aestheticists tell me that I have to make a laser to close the capillaries and the blood is reabsorba.
Does it happen to someone else?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2016 11:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ruthbia, I do not believe that this generalized capillary fragility is justified by diabetes.It is true that the capillaries are affected but I have never seen these manifestations in sufficient number in diabetic patients to be able to accept them as classic complications of the disease.
I would look for dermatology and hematology

Javier Arriaga Sanz
05/11/2016 1:54 p.m.

Then there is a genetic factor.28 years of evolution and no placement.People with a few years of evolution have complications.They say that when I go before the complications take longer ... do not gradually.To me a doctor, very nice, told me that it was impossible to reach 25 years of Evomuco.No eye problem ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/11/2016 2:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I would not be so sharp in the conclusion of the genetic factor.In ophthalmological literature I read something about a gene that is present in diabetics with serious retinopathies, but no conclusive results have been reached and, that I know, nowhere in Spain (I do not know in the world) genetic studies are doneto prevent proliferating retinopathies.
As for people with a few years of evolution of diabetes, they develop eye injuries, in the case of type 1, it is only possible with glycosylated from 10 and 12% or superiors maintained for several years, and if we talk about type 2, they canTo find important retinopathies at the same time as the diagnosis of diabetes, in fact I have found patients who had advanced retinopathies and did not know about their diabetes.Obviously, several years had been without a diagnosis, and what is worse, without treatment

Javier Arriaga Sanz
05/11/2016 7:05 p.m.

My endocrine if I have told me about the genetic factor, and Q 25 years without complications assure you 10 more without complications with decent hemoglobins., Not perfect ....

tica's profile photo
tica
05/11/2016 10:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

The retinopathy production mechanism speaks against that, for not having complications in 25 years, they ensure anything at all, but hopefully it is so

Javier Arriaga Sanz
05/12/2016 8:10 a.m.

Well, I'm starting to grate because at first they were dots like pores but now they look more like small moles pulling some medium.As I am Masoca I have punctured them with a needle and the blood of them does not come out.

They have started out for a long time, before debuting in diabetes, but now they come out in more quantity and bigger.Fear gives me this summer.

If I did the genetic studies ... A paston to tell me what I already knew without a technical name (in my maternal family they all die of thrombosis), it is called a factor and leids, it is a genetic mutation that affects thecoagulation.There are many people who have it, they don't know and nothing happens.If you know, the solution is heparin for prolonged rest situations.

Dermatologists do not know (they recommend laser), the hematologist says that it is not because of the V Leiden and the endocrine does not denot that it cannot be due to diabetes.

What I don't want is to look like Gorbachev with a spill in the face.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2016 11:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ophthalmologo said:
The mechanism of production of retinopathy speaks against that, for not having complications in 25 years, they ensure anything at all, but hopefully it is so

Sorry, I trust more than one endocrine specialized in diabetes ... I recommend that you read before talking about these issues in the forum.That there are ...

tica's profile photo
tica
05/12/2016 10:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

@ica your endocrine must be a visionary or a guru because I do not know any doctor or doctor who "assures" nothing at all ..

Obviously if what you want is that this man, ophthalmologist does not return here, you are getting it !!

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/12/2016 10:39 p.m.

@tica please ... who can ensure 10 years without complications ???Do you see the future?Look without going any further I have been diabetic.And without any compilation until this year that I have had a problem ... that is, more than 25 without complications and at 4 one.
Please, we will respect ophthalmologist who is a blessing that is in this forum.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/12/2016 11:23 p.m.

@albertot don't tell me that !!!!What am I for the 30 in a very little !!!!And on Monday plays an eye and I am already nervous !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/12/2016 11:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Tica, I think you have not understood the problem: I speak of diabetic retinopathy, not diabetes.I don't know a word of diabetes.Those who know are endocrine.And the same goes for retinopathy, but to revenge.Anyway I will be happy to read any article that you indicate and support your statements.
Finally, to be a member of the forum moderation team, I see you little "moderate."Good day

Javier Arriaga Sanz
05/13/2016 9 a.m.

What reason you are, ophthalmologo.I think like you, don't moderate.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/13/2016 2:37 p.m.

Do not worry, that this will be my last message in this forum .... He spent 8 years participating, when I started, I became super good to meet super motivated people, there were also people with fears, but with fears who wanted to overcome.

It seems that the only thing we want to hear is that we are going very badly for diabetes.That all the calamities of the world will happen to us .... Well, I refuse.I have diabetes since I was 3 years old and a full and without complications I am waiting for my third child (being diabetic, in case it has not been clear) and I am happy ... and I will remain happy despite my diabetes ....Try it, you can.

By the way.Everything I have commented on this thread is true .... If someone is interested in looking for studies, they are focused on kidney problems and exist ... but of course you have to waste time and it is much easier to say the four obvious thingsAnd stay as an eminence .... You already are ...

Kisses to all and lives and lets live, that life is very beautiful.

tica's profile photo
tica
05/14/2016 8:06 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi @ica, please nobody wants you to stop writing in this forum.Don't please.
I also have diabetes since I was 3 years old and I am fully happy.Diabetes is a very slave bass and disease, but it does not prevent me from being happy at all.
But I'm not going to lie to anyone.After years without complications, this year I had a scare.No doctor can "assure you" that after 25 years without complications, you have another 10 without them.You can't assure something like that.You commented complications in general, and I am an example that corroborates that it cannot be assured.Greetings

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/14/2016 10:25 a.m.

@Tica, here we need you all, you are an inaugrashone another with our experience.
And I thank you very much.
A hug to all!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/14/2016 1:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

P.L.U.R

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
05/14/2016 10:09 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.