Medtronic Guardian Connect Doubts

BanHop's profile photo   04/28/2017 2:26 p.m.

Good, it turns out that I have seen a Jediazucarada post about this continuous meter.
I have the Dexcom G4, but this does not look bad.
I have seen the price plan and several doubts arise.
Do you need a transmitter like Dexcom?The Dexcom the problem you have is that you have a sensor, transmitter and receiver, if you save the transmitter, it is an advance.
Point 2 and more important.Can the sensors be extended?Because if that would be very good, I don't know what the estimated duration is for each sensor, but it would be good to know those things to make numbers.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
04/28/2017 2:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know safely but it is very similar to the old model so it has to carry transmitter and the sensors 6 elongable days at 9

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/28/2017 3:22 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"Banhop" One of the negative aspects that had forgotten before is the process of launched.It is much more cumbersome than freestyle.You have to insert the sensor, disconnect the transmitter from the old sensor and put it to load, when it is loaded you connect it with the new sensor and start a calibration period of about two hours.Finally you have to take a blood glucose measure to calibrate.The whole calibration process has to be done with a "stable" blood glucose.To me the best time to do it is in the afternoon, but you have to plan it.

Upon six days, an alert jumps and the sensor stops giving measures.If I agree with some bad moment, for example sport, what I do is an afternoon I remove the transmitter, I put it to load and do the new sensor process and I endure it a few more days
The issue of lengthening them could not tell you how many days.I have the contract of letting act, which includes sensors for one year.I prefer not to worry about lengthening sensors.Online I have seen some have extended up to 18 days.I have also read that having so many days inserted the filament makes it later not heal.

A key point in the proper functioning of the sensors is calibration.You have to do it when there are no trend arrows and it must be taken into account that the glucometer measure has error, whether it is the meter itself or by dirty hands, little blood etc ... A bad calibration will make the following measures wrong.As an example, yesterday the capillary gave me about 30 mg/dl less than the sensor and in doubt I repeated the capillary.The next measure was close to that of the sensor.If I had calibrated with the first measure, I would have had false readings all afternoon.

The prices are detailed in the Jedi Azudarado article.

Finally, I have already happened.Yesterday I compared a freestyle with the Enlite.I have a photo, but it is not very glamorous.The Enlite is bigger but you get used to it.
Greetings,

Said by @mayk_dyk in the other thread.It seems that you would save the receiver and the transmitter is recharged, if the sensors can be stretched more, I believe that for prices it is good alternative.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/28/2017 3:59 p.m.

Hello!!
Yesterday we put my nephew Guardian Connect, and tells me my sister -in -law who have calibrated him several times but still gives him a difference of more than 50.
What can be happening?
Greetings and thanks as always !!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
05/28/2017 7:09 p.m.

marga_rita said:
hello !!
Yesterday we put my nephew Guardian Connect, and tells me my sister -in -law who have calibrated him several times but still gives him a difference of more than 50.
What can be happening?
Greetings and thanks as always !!

Margarita with my son happens to us many times, in the technical service they told me that it was normal the first day and also that we will not calibrate when there are arrows

pco's profile photo
pco
05/31/2017 8:54 a.m.

Do you know if it gives allergy plotters?
Apart from the subjection it carries, it is necessary to reinforce it?
@"SIGSAUER", are you using it?I have seen a video of how it is placed and how cumbersome it is !!They could do things simpler.I am at a point of my illness that I do not want to complicate my life, if it is not so much, but I want to think about it;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/04/2017 8:02 p.m.

anaisabel said:
@"SIGSAUER", are you using it?I have seen a video of how it is placed and how cumbersome it is !!They could do things simpler.I am at a point of my illness that I do not want to complicate my life, if it is not so much, but I want to think about it;)

Do you know if the Skin Tac wipes could be applied before putting a sensor, be the one that comments this thread, or the free?I've seen @jconegar applying it.But I don't know if the film that is formed, interferes with the sensor filament or does it make it key?
Greetings and thanks

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
06/04/2017 8:36 p.m.

fco_javier_888 said:
anaisabel said:
Do you know if it gives allergy plobs?

Do you know if the Skin Tac wipes could be applied before putting a sensor, be the one that comments this thread, or the free?I've seen @jconegar applying it.But I don't know if the film that is formed, interferes with the sensor filament or does it make it key?
Greetings and thanks

You can use them without any problem

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2017 9:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Anaisabel" until they give me the iPhone or not I have the quarter of an hour and I bought it with the free with which almost all the mobiles are worth ... I have also seen several videos and the only thingThat it seems more cumbersome is to put the dressings that it carries to hold the transmitter well, which is inserting the sensor seems as simple as putting free.
In my gym there is a boy who uses these sensors literate with the Medtronic bomb and tells me that perfect, swimming, diver, with sweat, sport etc ... although I imagine that as in apothecary there will be everything !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/04/2017 10:19 p.m.

jconegar said:
fco_javier_888 said:
anaisabel said:
anaisabel said:

Greetings and thanks

You can use them without any problem

Thank you

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
06/04/2017 11:38 p.m.

Thanks @"sigsauer" I don't have the right mobile either :(

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/06/2017 10:13 a.m.

In case someone is interested, Guardian Connect has come out for Android but with only 3 Samsung models and Android version 7 in which it works, in other versions it seems that it does not go, I have an S7 Edge with version 8 andHe tells me not compatible.These are:

Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 7.0.x)
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android 7.0.x)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 7.0.x)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Android 7.0.x)
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) (Android 7.0.x)
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) (Android 7.0.x)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/19/2018 6:39 p.m.

Hello, forum:

I return to this thread because the SS is going to give me the Guardian Connect and to my big surprise I see that the app is not compatible with my mobile.I downloaded the apk, but it doesn't work either.
Does anyone know if another app can be used?Those who have this MCG, how have you solved the problem?Buying another mobile?I hope you give me another solution.
Thank you so much.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
03/09/2020 1:38 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

It will also start giving me social security, they put it on me this Thursday but I have no idea how it is going or anything.In principle, my mobile is compatible.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/09/2020 4:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.