Because diabetes badly, does one stop growing?

Cr0n0's profile photo   05/14/2016 7:39 a.m.

Hello, I am 15 years old, diabetes since 11 (type 1) Novolin and Novorapid, a couple of weeks ago I went to the endocrinologist that has always served me, the cause was because during the last 6 months I had glycemias of 200-300, in the midst of the medical appointment I asked the doctor if I was going to be the current size (1.68, the question was why it grew very fast, but it was derivating to stop doing it) and he told me that for having led the diabetes badlyCreate 2 or 3 cm more, I wanted to know if this is true, apart because I read that men grow up to 18 and also because now I have better my diabetes, my sugar levels are between 100-190 and I do a littleMore exercise

Cr0n0's profile photo
Cr0n0
05/14/2016 7:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had never heard that having bad control does not grow.Let's see if anyone knows anything about this and can help you @cr0n0.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/14/2016 9 a.m.

Before, when there were no means to control anything, it could affect growth, but, now, with acceptable controls, you will grow normally. Don't worry, that you will reach the same size that you would have without diabetes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/14/2016 12:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I never listen to something like that, let's be a retaquin because I am 1.58 but in my case the family average is more or less, stop growing soon, but also because my rule arrived soon and normally in women from that youYou develop little more.

I know people with diabetes of all sizes hahaha, so in that case I think that what influences as soon as you can grow or not, is genetics.

I only suppose, to see if anyone knows if it is so or the diabetes influences

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/14/2016 12:56 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

With your age that controls are triggered, it is the most normal thing in the world, your hormones are a thousand and even being diabetic or not, that hormonal lack of control is noticeable.As for growth, it has nothing to do with diabetes, it is more hormonal and genetic than anything else, until 18 -21 you can grow and does not grow gradually, you may have a stage in which you notice more thestretch and others where you don't notice anything.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/16/2016 11:42 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Of course, I am also proof of that.My parents are not low compared to me, in fact my mother's fatheryears I measure 1.53 ~ x (become a friend of your glucometer and maybe there is hope yet, but only with controls followed by your glucose thing that you do not pass from the 160. Normal sugar returns to life, I assure youThe frozen shoulder!)

jazmin253's profile photo
jazmin253
05/27/2016 3 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.