I'm having a very bad time

pearl's profile photo   05/20/2016 8:24 p.m.

The important thing is that you realize that you are not doing things right.Now what you have to do is talk to another doctor and start little by little to change things.You will get it!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/21/2016 9:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Believe me I understand you, the T1 came to me at age 7, now I have 32 and the process of acceptance and maturity at least I take 22 years.My youth was only angry and although I put insulin ate carbohydrates at will, so now I am harvesting complications (damage to the vagus nerve affecting the heart and stomach achieving tachycardia and delay in meal digestion).You should know 2 basic things: when you are fighting for control, in addition to the insulins you need glucometer

jazmin253's profile photo
jazmin253
05/22/2016 2:31 a.m.

Because you will never manage how much insulin you will need if you do not have the famous measurement newspaper (when you get up before and after the meals -snack included- and when you go to bed. If you do this for a week every 2 hours, you will see a pattern orAs you respond to carbohydrates and insulins..Even if you do not believe it is of better quality than the others, precisely because it is not so strong although it takes a long time to lower the high asks the change to Apidra.

jazmin253
05/22/2016 2:40 a.m.

B) You must also understand that diabetes is something of yours that makes you special ... if you are different in food because by chance of life you can demonstrate to your environment how harmful are carbohydrates in the food of all.A non -diabetic person should consume 30gr of CH per day, what makes you think that when t1 is not?Your body cannot metabolic carbohydrates so why give that all the time?

jazmin253
05/22/2016 2:45 a.m.

B) You must also understand that diabetes is something of yours that makes you special ... If you are different in food, it may be because by chance you can demonstrate to your environment how harmful carbohydrates in everyone's feeding!A non -diabetic person should consume 30gr of CH per day, what makes you think that when t1 is not?Can your body not metabolize carbohydrates so why give that all the time?

jazmin253
05/22/2016 2:45 a.m.

The food, medical and pharmaceutical industry depend on each other, and although we do not like the healthiest way to wear your diabetes is with a low carbohydrate diet.50gr per day and never see 500 in your meter again;And you can continue eating delicious, you just have to learn to cook and use almond flours, coconut, soybeans.On Facebook and Google you will see groups and blogs of diabetic colleagues (T1 and T2) that have HB1 from 5 down with this clear lifestyle that is little by little.Keep in mind that the noodles, baked with flour, rice, frying, lentils, all more hurry upload some more hurry than others but become glucose in your blood;Even the worse cooked vegetables.
You must also observe if you have not reached gastroparesis, which is the vagus weakened nerve leading to what you eat is very delayed in the stomach and pass when it implies the intestine (remember that the injection insulin does it according to clock,perhaps also for that the roller mountains of climbs and casualties).There is no safe analysis to confirm this but the alarm is given by your sugar and TB measures the best you feel after a meal when chewing gum

jazmin253
05/22/2016 3 a.m.

The latter would be look if you have no addiction to carbohydrates (cookies, bread, yogurt, fruits) because for this you need medical help (the most effective is hypnosis although with a prohibitive cost).Ah, and yes, you need to see an endocrine.One with whom you feel comfortable and you are safe knows about diabetes T1.I assure you you are not the only one in your city with this condition;You can search in Spanish groups people who know the endocrine with enough experience to guide you (very useful Facebook in this there is a page 'Diabetes Foundation' there you could locate someone who collaborates with you; case do not use any Face TB you can lend you 5 min 5 minyour account to locate the best professionals within your reach).Well, it is all the information I can give you: you just remember that you are still a great person directs your anger for something that does well, the beginning is difficult but what is worthwhile is easy ???All the love !!!Comment how it has gone, greetings!

jazmin253
05/22/2016 3:18 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
because in my 22 years of diabetic they have never told me anything similar.

It is evident that if you click less than you need, the body does not take advantage of all the sugar you eat but all that glucose that you do not absorb, fuck your body.

Irresponsible small ones that tell you that.

Too weird that my 4 doctors have said that then: Will I look for another one, thank you very much for your comments

pearl's profile photo
pearl
05/22/2016 7:11 a.m.

DM1 since 2005
Toujeo 24
Humalog R5 S40

sigsauer said:
for many units that give you a lesson they do not cover you or 12 hours of the day, the lesson is normally put in 2 shots to cover you all day .. Talk itWith your endocrine or change to threeiba, toujeo etc ...

Thank you very much for your advice!

pearl's profile photo
pearl
05/22/2016 7:12 a.m.

DM1 since 2005
Toujeo 24
Humalog R5 S40

ruthbia said:
@pearl I use Levemir but I get dose every 12 hours.At night 4-6 and in the morning 2. I still still in honey.
With what you have been telling you like the others, you don't have the doses of insulin well.
If you give us more data than you eat versus what you wear, maybe we can help you better.
It is essential to deal with a good endocrine or diabetologist.
I encourage, really how it is solved.

The truth is that with everything they have told me, I suppose I must change as a doctor again ... I summarize my diet (as is generally):

At breakfast two slices of integral mold, a tea and a yogurt/milk or fruit, inject myself the 43 of Levemir and from 4 to 6 Humalog units.Generally awake with 200 glycemia.

Collation generally not like, unless it is coffee.

At lunch as generally 60 lentil carbohydrates, chickpeas or rice, accompanied by salad and meat.Almost never with dessert.Here I usually inject from Humalog's 10-20 because my glycemias at this time are already about 300.

Here either as a collation, unless I have done any physical activity that has exhausted me and then, as a yogurt with cereals or something and replicated the modality of breakfast (except for the lesson)

Then at dinner there are times that I replicate lunch or simply like a salad.At this time also my glycemia are about 300 and I inject 10-20 of Humalog.(If as a salad, I inject 3-5)

And well my glycemia before sleep surround the 400-500 mg/dl ... there are times that I have corrected with 10 and at night I reached 30 mg/dl, as well as that I have corrected with 5 of Humalog and notUnder nothing of the 500.

pearl's profile photo
pearl
05/22/2016 7:57 a.m.

DM1 since 2005
Toujeo 24
Humalog R5 S40

anaisabel said:
The important thing is that you realize that you are not doing things right.Now what you have to do is talk to another doctor and start little by little to change things.You will get it!

Thank you so much!I think that's what I will do

pearl's profile photo
pearl
05/22/2016 7:57 a.m.

DM1 since 2005
Toujeo 24
Humalog R5 S40

@pearl The basal is failing you.Levemir lasts about 16 hours and need to put it every 12 hours.That's why you get up high and you can't get off.The rapid is more or less correct 10g HC = 1dosis but depends on the time.In the morning you will need more, for example I double dose, I have resistance until 11:30 or so.From that time if the insulin absorb.
Go to an endocrine to adjust the Levemir, trying your single to change can be very risky.
Courage, in a short time you will be great.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/22/2016 10:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Change doctor and change slowly. Take with Toujeo instead of a levem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2016 11:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you eat so little, do not have any kind of insulin resistance.

I get a lot but like enough.Although curiously the days that I take only a salad my body asks me practically the same amount of insulin as when, at most.As if he had become accustomed.

As for changing as a doctor that is fine, but seeing that the 4 you have gone were not very good, you could try to go to a diabetic association.From the day to day of diabetes, a diabetic with experience normally knows more than a diabetologist or endocrine.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/22/2016 5:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

ruthbia said:
@pearl the basal is failing you.Levemir lasts about 16 hours and need to put it every 12 hours.That's why you get up high and you can't get off.The rapid is more or less correct 10g HC = 1dosis but depends on the time.In the morning you will need more, for example I double dose, I have resistance until 11:30 or so.From that time if the insulin absorb.
Go to an endocrine to adjust the Levemir, trying your single to change can be very risky.
Courage, in a short time you will be great.

Thank you so much!

pearl's profile photo
pearl
05/22/2016 8:21 p.m.

DM1 since 2005
Toujeo 24
Humalog R5 S40

Hi @pearl, first of all to encourage you.I have been much less time and sometimes it is exhausting, so I understand you.

On the other hand, perhaps I am late but I understand that if you are high/at the same time a vicious circle is created in which it is difficult to return to normal values.I suppose anything that cannot solve a provisional dose increase.Does anyone know if there is something true in this I comment?

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
05/26/2016 8:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.