Remote glucose monitoring - Nightcout Madrid Workshop

albertot's profile photo   05/22/2016 11:06 a.m.

Hello,

The children of the Nightcout Spain Facebook group are going to give a talk and a workshop where they will help mount Nightcout and XDRIP websites to be able to monitor glucose remotely.You just have to wear the necessary hardware and they help you mount everything.For those of the central area of ​​Spain, you may be interested.This is the website to sign up:

Link

For those who cannot go, there is the Facebook group where you can give you a hand or if I can solve any questions, send me a message.It is especially oriented to Dexcom but there are also Nightcout for free.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/22/2016 11:06 a.m.

I have already signed up, there are more than 500 km, which separates me from the event but I don't care.
I already have it but I want to learn to do it for helping, and riding it to anyone who needs, giving him all kinds of explanations.They have commented that for 640 g is already, that they will try to see how it also works to speak it in the talk.He is focused for potatoes but for us is also great.I use it mostly in bicycle training I never lack and I usually take it daily, see glucose on the smartwatch is continuously great.
Knowledge does not take place and more if it is to help.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/22/2016 12:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yes, there are solutions for almost everything already:

1) Enlite sensors and 640g: connect an OTG cable mobile to the contour Next Link and thus take out all the pump information to send it to the Nightcout website and thus be able to see glucose from anywhere.
2) Free: With Android Mobile and the Glimp application, configure the app so that every time you scan the sensor, raise the information to the Nightcout website and thus be accessible from anywhere.
3) The "classic" of Dexcom G4 with the XDRIP bridge and the app for mobile Android XDrip that also uploads all the information to the Nightcout website and also sends it if we want our Pebble watch.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/22/2016 12:35 p.m.

I am not part of the Nightscout Spain boys, but if I can give you a hand, you tell me

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/22/2016 12:42 p.m.

Hello,

As you have written several asking for MP, I put it here for all interested parties.

The web (called Nightcout) where to host the entire database with glucose values ​​I have with MLAB and Microsoft Azure.

Material (hardware) needed to mount the remote glucose monitoring with Dexcom:

1) "Traditional" Solution: Dexcom Receiver constantly plugged by OTG cable to the Android mobile and Nightcout app for the Android mobile.The cable is a normal OTG like this:

Link

2) Solution without cables - xDrip:

2.1) The most economical and easy is to buy the XDrip from Steve on this website.The XDrip is not the smallest that can be had, but we are not complicated:

Link

2.2) If we want to mount the XDRIP on our own, here I pass the components that I bought.Surely if you look slowly find them cheaper ... I didn't break my head much.As you can see it is cheaper to buy it already done.

Wixel:
Link Wixel

1200mah lithium battery and charger (they have them from all sizes from 100MAH to 2500MAH):
Link
Link

The 500mah I think it enters a box of CAKEs tac.

HM10 Bluetooth:
Link

Then there is the issue of resistances.They are optional.In the classic version they serve to measure the battery that you have left.These would be:
1/4W 1K OHM AND A 1/4W 2.2K OHM RESISTOR

In the most advanced version with the new Xbridge2 firmware, two resistances are used:
Link

1x 10k 1% 1/2W metal film resistor.
1x 27k 1% 1/2w metal film resistor

Wixel firmware cable (if you buy it to Steve already gives it to you):

Link

Greetings,

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/24/2016 12:12 a.m.

Hello,

You can already buy all components for an XDrip on the same website on Europe.

Link
Link
Link
Link

Only the design resistance that measures the remaining battery is missing, which can be purchased at any electronics store.

All the best,

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/31/2016 5:42 p.m.

albertot said:
hello, Hello,

You can already buy all components for an XDrip on the same website on Europe.

Link
Link
Link
Link

Only the design resistance that measures the remaining battery is missing, which can be purchased at any electronics store.

Greetings,

Well, almost buy it, right?What has not been clear to me is that on your website it is necessary that something of a welder is necessary?Not everything is ready to simply load it?

I have the Dexcom G4, the truth is that it is for me, to be able to look at it on the smartwatch without having to take the device from the backpack and see the glucose I have.It is assumed that with this the receiver is no longer necessary, instead you have to take the kit (one thing is changed to another) and it gives us as an advantage to have it on the mobile, smartwatch or that people on their smartwatch could see it not(I say it because sometimes my girlfriend worries when I have to travel and I'm alone)

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/14/2016 1:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Indeed @Banhop, I would also miss a tin and tin soldier kit.The one who sells already made Steve is almost cheaper in price and do not complicate.The only thing that is a larger tad than what you can do by hand, that can enter a box of caramels ICT TAC.

Then you need an Android mobile to raise glucose values ​​to the database and optional a pebble watch to see glucose in the wrist

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/14/2016 2:45 p.m.

Thank you so much

Albertot said:
effectively @banhop, would also miss a tin and tin soldier kit.The one who sells already made Steve is almost cheaper in price and do not complicate.The only thing that is a larger tad than what you can do by hand, that can enter a box of caramels ICT TAC.

Then you need an Android mobile to raise glucose values ​​to the database and optional a pebble watch to see the glucose in the wrist

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/14/2016 3:02 p.m.

Sorry @banhop, I haven't told you well one thing.Steve's XDrip comes "almost" mounted, there are still some tin dots to Wixel.The piece fits perfectly into a single position and it is very easy to put the tin dots.

I think he doesn't sell it completely finished because he could have legal problems for selling medical material

banhop said:
thank you very much

albertot said:
effectively @banhop, would also miss a tin and tin soldier kit.The one who sells already made Steve is almost cheaper in price and do not complicate.The only thing that is a larger tad than what you can do by hand, that can enter a box of caramels ICT TAC.

Then you need an Android mobile to raise glucose values ​​to the database and optional a pebble watch to see the glucose in the wrist

banhop said:
thank you very much

Albertot said:

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/14/2016 4:15 p.m.

Albertot said:

I think he doesn't sell it completely finished because he could have legal problems for selling medical material

Exactly, they put a cigar that ruin his life.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/14/2016 4:24 p.m.

These "inventions" are for self -consumption.They are not tested (according to the parameters of a medical device), they are not "safe" ... although we would all know what we bought, it can be a problem (in order for some "ilus" to buy it thinking that it is a recipient "approved", I fail and .... have a scare).
All these inventions, modifications, etc ... are for self -consumption ... and although it sounds "bad", do not manage to another person, or modify devices for other people ... even if you do it of good will, as happensSomething ... They are going to blame you.Teach him how to do it, yes ... but don't do it.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/14/2016 11:32 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Very good, I have the 640g with motorization, can you see the meter on a clock?Applewhath type or something?Because I have seen that for Garmin devices there is the app but to connect to the Dexcon not to the Medtronic Meter.
Thank you

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
06/15/2016 7 a.m.

Good morning @epic2008 look at this to see if you are interested, I think so, but no idea how it goes, just for looking for things a long time ago a partner of the DT1 Team and I was looking at what I was going.
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/15/2016 9:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

epic2008 said:
very good, I have 640g with motorization, can you see the meter on a clock?Applewhath type or something?Because I have seen that for Garmin devices there is the app but to connect to the Dexcon not to the Medtronic Meter.
Thanks

Yes, there is indeed the Nightcout for 640g and for what they say it is easy to mount.In addition to the blog that Jconegar comments, there is the official website of the Nightcout project:
Link

As you can see in the main diagram, the solution for 640g is through an Android mobile, which is the one that uploads glucose information to the web and from the web we can already send it to the clock.Nightcout -supported watches are Pebble (the most used) and there is also something for Garmin and Android Wear.I don't know if you could also use Apple Watch ... I'm not sure.

The only problem of the 640g solution is that you have to have the Android mobile connected to the Contour Next Link meter by an OTG cable all the time.The contour nl is the one that connects to the pump to read the entire info, which passes to the mobile and the mobile to the web.That is, there is no possibility to make it wireless as with the Dexcom.

In the workshop as they write in the Nightcout Spain Facebook group, they will also help mount it for 640g with sesnores enlite

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/15/2016 11:19 a.m.

albertot said:
epic2008 said:
very good, I have the 640g with motorization, can you see the meter on a clock?Applewhath type or something?Because I have seen that for Garmin devices there is the app but to connect to the Dexcon not to the Medtronic Meter.
Thanks

Yes, there is indeed the Nightcout for 640g and for what they say it is easy to mount.In addition to the blog that Jconegar comments, there is the official website of the Nightcout project:
Link

As you can see in the main diagram, the solution for 640g is through an Android mobile, which is the one that uploads glucose information to the web and from the web we can already send it to the clock.Nightcout -supported watches are Pebble (the most used) and there is also something for Garmin and Android Wear.I don't know if you could also use Apple Watch ... I'm not sure.

The only problem of the 640g solution is that you have to have the Android mobile connected to the Contour Next Link meter by an OTG cable all the time.The contour nl is the one that connects to the pump to read the entire info, which passes to the mobile and the mobile to the web.That is, there is no possibility to make it wireless as with the Dexcom.

In the workshop as they write in the Nightcout Spain Facebook group, they will also help mount it for 640g with sesnores enlite

It has enough software, between not knowing English and the software mess I am not able to ride it right now.I hope it develops more and create some video tutori to be able

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
06/28/2016 9:13 a.m.

Hello, if I understand well, with the Nightcout and XDrip is not necessary to buy the receiver?Mine what is costing me to find out about this, everything sounds like Chinese or science fiction.Thanks and forgiveness for being so heavy, but I don't find out.

morgana's profile photo
morgana
06/28/2016 9:46 a.m.

@Epic2008: Your thing is that you go to the workshop.They will help you on site and you will go with it working

@Morgana: There is a lot of terminology and it is straight.This project (and foundation) Nightcout that encompasses all solutions for remote glucose monitoring, especially in the face of parents can monitor their children and are calmer.

Then there is the Nightcout website, it is a website with its database where all glycemia are uploaded so that they are accessible from anywhere in the world.

Then this xDrip.XDRIP is a solution for Dexcom.You have 2 parts:
- XDRIP HARDWARE.It is a physical "box", an electronic circuit.It serves to read the signal issued by the Dexcom G4 transmitter and send it to the mobile by Bluetooth.
- XDrip App for Mobile Android: It is a mobile app that reads Bluetooth the glycemia that the XDRIP "box" shows them and shows them to the user.

That is, with XDRIP the Dexcom G4 receiver would not be necessary.

Then we can also have Nightcout or not.If we have it, the XDrip app will upload our glycemia to the web and will be accessible from anywhere in the world, we can take reports etc etc

Eye XDrip is an experimental project.It works very well but has not been tested and validated by the authorities ... Therefore its use is at the user's risk and risk

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/28/2016 10:26 a.m.

albertot said:
@epic2008: the thing is that you go to the workshop.They will help you on site and you will go with it working

@Morgana: There is a lot of terminology and it is straight.This project (and foundation) Nightcout that encompasses all solutions for remote glucose monitoring, especially in the face of parents can monitor their children and are calmer.

Then there is the Nightcout website, it is a website with its database where all glycemia are uploaded so that they are accessible from anywhere in the world.

Then this xDrip.XDRIP is a solution for Dexcom.You have 2 parts:
- XDRIP HARDWARE.It is a physical "box", an electronic circuit.It serves to read the signal issued by the Dexcom G4 transmitter and send it to the mobile by Bluetooth.
- XDrip App for Mobile Android: It is a mobile app that reads Bluetooth the glycemia that the XDRIP "box" shows them and shows them to the user.

That is, with XDRIP the Dexcom G4 receiver would not be necessary.

Then we can also have Nightcout or not.If we have it, the XDrip app will upload our glycemia to the web and will be accessible from anywhere in the world, we can take reports etc etc

Eye XDrip is an experimental project.It works very very well but has not been tested and validated by the authorities ... therefore its use is at the user's risk

If I could not hesitate to go, but it's Friday and work is impossible for me to attend.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
06/28/2016 10:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.