{'en': 'The experience of 4 students with diabetes', 'es': 'La experiencia de 4 estudiantes con diabetes'} Image

The experience of 4 students with diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/24/2016 11:27 a.m.

Rafa Miguélez is eight years old and is diabetic since childhood.When he joined the San Miguel College, with three, the blood glucose level had toViña and Noemí Braña.

Now keep counting on her, but things have changed.Rafa is already more autonomous and has become accustomed to carrying the measurement machine, water, juice, cookies and medication in the backpack in the backpack.

"When I have under sugar I find out, but I know I can't run and I have to take the juice, wait ten minutes and stay in class playing," he explains.«And if I have it high, I have to walk a little, not to eat and be calm.How do I carry it?Well, I have fun, running, jumping to the comma or playing the Cascayu ».According to José Viña, who is now his tutor, "he is a happy child, with an enviable character, who takes good grades and helps others."

He is the smallest of the four diabetic students that the San Miguel school has.The center has organized their sport week for twelve years, in which students carry out different physical activities in Gijón sports facilities.The brooch is put on a solidarity race that, this time seeks to raise funds to help the children of Asturias suffering from diabetes.The appointment will be next Friday, day 27, at noon, in the field of friction.Each student will contribute a donation.

"I feel very proud of this initiative," says Paula Castaño, the oldest of the group, with sixteen years and high school student.

For a few months, it has used a patch on the arm that costs sixty euros and lasts for fifteen days."But, in reality, it lasts less, because with the shower it takes off and if you hit yourself, too."Therefore, he asks that this type of treatments finance social security.

Chucheías and disco

It makes normal life, he says, but with limitations.«When we go to party and we are in the disco, the sugar usually gets off due to heat.And when the kiosk chucheías tempt me, I have to be careful ».In the case of Mario Silva and Juan Tirado, sixth grade and second students of the ESO, respectively, they discovered that they were diabetic for the same symptoms: they always wanted to go to the bathroom and were losing weight a lot.

The day the disease was diagnosed, Mario had a fever and Juan, vomited.They ended up at the hospital with 592 and 600 sugar.A barbarity."At first, I had a fatal, because I don't like needles, but I got used to it," says Juan.He hopes that "the race will help awareness," while Mario is confident that "researchers will discover how to cure diabetes."

fer's profile photo
fer
05/24/2016 11:27 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.