Psychologist (Research on Diabetes)

LilianaInvest's profile photo   05/26/2016 1:20 p.m.

My name is Liliana, I am new in this forum and I have registered because I have diabetic relatives and I am sisters since childhood with the disease.That is why, thanks to the opportunity that the University of Malaga has given me I would like to share with you the research I am currently doing.

I have a degree in psychological and collaborate with the research team of the University of Malaga.This year I have begun an investigation that aims to evaluate the "psychological factors involved in adherence to treatment (medication taking), diet and physical exercise of diabetic patients" in order to improve the health and quality of life of these patients.

Because of the personal experience I have had with relatives, these three factors are essential in the disease.That is why I would like to propose to be able to participate in the coming months in this investigation.The research results will be shared with the diabetic community and with the participants later with the aim of providing data that can improve the diabetes prognosis.

If you are interested in participating, you can write it in the comments!

Thank you so much.Greetings to all.

LilianaInvest's profile photo
LilianaInvest
05/26/2016 1:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lilianainvest I wish you success in your research.
How do you propose the study?Tests?Interviews? Forums?Seminars?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/26/2016 1:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The evaluation will be carried out during the next months through tests that evaluate aspects such as psychological factors, medication taking, diet monitoring and physical exercise.
Each evaluation will be completely anonymous and if you are interested in participating, you can communicate it to get in touch with you personally and give you all the information you need in this period of time.

I have also thought about creating a topic in the forum with the results once the investigation is completed in order to discuss the results among all and solve the doubts that arise.I also promise to provide you with techniques and tips to improve the factors that we are going to evaluate and thus improve the quality of life of patients.

Thank you very much for your comment @ruthbia

LilianaInvest
05/26/2016 1:53 p.m.

I am interested, only I live in Mexico....

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
05/26/2016 3:44 p.m.

@CJDA In principle there would be no problem, when the evaluations begin I want to open a method through the Internet to fill the tests (they will be short and easy to fill)

Thank you so much.All the best

LilianaInvest
05/26/2016 7:55 p.m.

Only one note, in case it serves you: you have relatives with diabetes or cancer or with AIDS, not diabetic or cancerous or caded family members.The difference is brutal.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/27/2016 10:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.