{'en': 'Read Abbott Free Freestyle with Glimp', 'es': 'Leer FreeStyle Libre de abbott con Glimp'} Image

Read Abbott Free Freestyle with Glimp

imara's profile photo   05/06/2017 5:48 p.m.

Hello, the sensor is running out and I want to try the Glimp.I can't find in the messages in which you talk about him how to make the readings.

And no matter how much I look at the program, I can't find it.There is a section that puts device and marks the Libre from Abbott.

Another section says continuous measurement and when I play it, the screen gets dark, but when there is no movement.

Nor do any manual find any manual.Wow, I'm exhausted lately and I don't give more.Can you tell me how to make the readings?

Anyway, I have also read that Glimp has alarms with the free ... it sounds weird.I may think of the Dexcom :-)

At the moment it can only be in thought, and little, because I am weak ... hugs.

Thank you,

imara's profile photo
imara
05/06/2017 5:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@imara first look that you have it well configured, in options, devices and mark the tab I use the freestyle ... then activate the NFC and leave the mobile from the back about 2 seconds on the sensor without more on a screen thatIt appears as a graph, it is not as fast as the reader.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/06/2017 10:16 p.m.

Thank you very much, @sigsauer.I just discovered what that of the NFC is ... :-)
And also that he was putting the phone upside down:-P
I have already achieved the first measure.Very interesting that to move the line and see the values ​​at each point of the graph ... now to investigate other things, because I do not understand some data or abbreviations ...
Thanks again :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
05/06/2017 10:48 p.m.

Another advantages with Glimp is that you lengthen the sensor's life

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/07/2017 11:47 p.m.

@"Imara" On the Glimp website you can download a manual.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/08/2017 2:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The sensor's life has only extended 8 hours.Then it marked the same every time, and does not match the capillary.

@Ruthbia, thanks.In the end I found it.He is in English and I don't dominate, but I have appointed.By the way, I have found another thread where you talked about Glimp and calibrations with the hair measures of before meals, and I find the info you give very useful :-) If it really approaches so much, that app is useful, and theGraph looks great.What seems like a roll and dizzy is to wear the newspaper on my mobile, put so much data.I apply with my notebook and my intuition, because I am exhausted to spend the day pointing data on the screen.
Let's see when the new sensors get to me how is the thing
Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
05/08/2017 4:35 p.m.

Hello again.
I've been four days without free.For issues of delay in shipping.Now I take the sensor since yesterday at four in the morning activated (one and a half and a half and.I am giving me thirty readings below the capillary measure (the house reader), except one, today at noon, which has given me thirteen above).The Glimp is giving me randomly above or below, although I am calibrated with hair glycemia, as @"ruthbia" explained: I measure me in the Glimp, I measure the capillary, and write down the measure.Automatically the Glimp corrects towards a closer measure.In the graph a red line appears, which are the measures it gives me when reading the free, and a rose that are the capillaries.They leave a lot.
I agree with what @"hansolo" says in another thread that there is no adequate concept of what the interstitial glucose readers measure: it is evident that interstitial glucose and capillary glucose are different things.But there my doubts come: if we cannot know exactly what is the difference in each body, or the difference between some measures and others also varies according to the sensor and/or the circumstances (and I am not worth that that the interstitialIt goes with twenty minutes or ten of delay, because in the long months I have been using it, I have seen that it is not so, that sometimes goes ahead, sometimes behind and some treats to balance ten minutes and other half an hour;and in others I do not ask myself to what extent it is useful if being pending to measure and see numbers in three different devices also generates stress and dizziness.That is, I just checked the glycemia after eating: 125 horizontal with the ABBOTT reader, 174 with the Glimp, and 153 capillary.So I introduce the 153 in the Glimp and the measure of the low from 174 to 168 ... but I have already had to make all the measures, including the puncture on the finger, to see reality.Of course, with any of these three measures I correct with insulin, but with 125 I cannot go walking or addressing a time of stress at work (I have to be pending to the maxim).Anyway, questions not to sleep.True, as they comment in other threads this is exhausting.
A hug.Thank you for sharing each from where you can.I have been exhausted for three weeks and it doesn't give me much more.

imara's profile photo
imara
05/13/2017 4:59 p.m.

@imara those 30 more or less that you comment between free and capillary both above and down, I also have them.But in capillary with the same drop and glucometer I have also had differences of 20 over a 130. The advice that my educator was guided by a single device.Because if it is not what you say about liarte more and even carrying a worse control.That would add the seto meaning or experience and in the end you "get used to" manage with free.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/13/2017 5:19 p.m.

Thanks, @"Carlos71" :-)

A single device is only the hair glucometer, because to inject insulin you have to guide you with the capillary (I have read that there are those who guide only with the free and do well ... I see it a danger).So if you use an interstitial meter, in this case Abbott's free, you have to look at two devices.As I read that some people were going well for the Glimp app to interpret the free values, I thought about trying it, in case I could replace the reading with Abbott's reader with the Glimp app.
I have been reading with all two days, to see if at some point some measure I block me more and I choose only a meter apart from the capillary glucometer, and it turns out that now it is worse.The problem is that 40 of difference or 50 is a hypoglycemia sometimes, or having to inject insulin.If that difference is constant, no problem, knowing it, I trust the interstitial meter and that's it.The problem is that in some sensors it is constant and in others it does not.And there comes the mess, because so much measurement stresses me.Not measuring supposes, simply, breathing, trusting and caught hypoglycemia by body symptoms, when there are, and when you can separate them from other things (because there are situations in which there are symptoms of one type, other symptoms of another type, others notThere are clear symptoms, etc ...).
The four days I have been without free I have used about 10 reactive strips per day.In the ssocial they only give us 6 a day, so because of the pain of the punctures and for the possibility of having strips, the interstitial meter is useful ... when it works moderately.

Well, I will continue trying a few days to see if the glymp block more or what ...

imara's profile photo
imara
05/13/2017 8:09 p.m.

Hello @"imara" I "fio" from the interstitial and if I see something weird is when the capillary uses.It is a roll to have to put data in the Glimp, but at least it is correcting.Free only interprets its algorithm that sometimes goes well and sometimes not.
From my experience with Free, a year has passed, I deduce that the "quality" of the measures are given by the sensor and that not all are the same.The one that I have now has 3 days and gives very similar measures to the capillary in very stable glucose sections (last night 112 Free, 105 capillary and 100 glymp);At the time and as long as the effect of insulin lasts, I do not use anything, only the trend curve;Now it has measured me 286 Free, 219 Glimp both with a arrow of tendency to climb, which one to believe?None, I have put more insulin and I fear that I will enter hiccups in 1 hour because I have added the insu of the breakfast of the 7 that I had not done so far, with the rectification dose .... I am seeing now201 with the arrow to bass at 15 min of rectifying .... could already work the fast with breakfast.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2017 9:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"iMara" @"ruthbia" the well -placed freestyle gives very correct and reliable measures, with barely differences with respect to capillary (in my case, since each person is a world).My advice: it is important not to repeat the area of ​​application of a sensor, because I have noticed that in those cases that sensor does not mark correctly and the difference is greatly accentuated with the capillary (downward, almost always).I'm rotating them (giving 3-4 weeks between areas) from the top of the arm to below, imagining three zones: upper, medium and lower, and since I do it, all the sensors are perfectly me.It is like if we do not give the skin to regenerate, the sensor is not able to work well.
To put fast insulin we have to alternate both systems, capillary and interstitial: the most correct thing is that we make a capillary measurement before each meal.The arm sensor serves to see the trend that our glucose carries and we can reduce or increase waiting time from injecting insulin and start eating or, for example, taking some quick HC to cut a descent trend before injecting theinsulin.Thus we will avoid postprandial hypoglycemia that we did not understand before, for example.Freestyle has many advantages but capillary glucose is always necessary.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/24/2017 1:05 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

ruthbia said:
hello @"imara" I "fio" from the interstitial and if I see something strange is when the capillary uses.It is a roll to have to put data in the Glimp, but at least it is correcting.Free only interprets its algorithm that sometimes goes well and sometimes not.

I do the same as you generally.However, in some sensors, as in this one that I have now, I cannot trust the free read with the ABBOTT reader because in the 12 and a half days that I always carry it 30, 40 and up to 50 below the capillary (except five orSix measures in which it has been very close or above ...).
What I am checking with this sensor and the Glimp is that introducing the hair measures in the Glimp all that I am checking almost -coinciden.So in this case I am trusting Glimp, and not Abbott's reader.If I did not have the Glimp, which seems that it is making readjustments for later measures and is very close, I would go crazy trying to calm the anxiety that causes to see a 70 continuously and going down in free, because it is what is happening to me with this sensor(Being capillary in 120, for example).I have not claimed it because with differences of 40 they do not change it, but I am very intrigued that that happens, I intrigue because I do not know if it is the quality of the sensor, or a matter of imbalance of my body.

jpr said:
@"imara" @"ruthbia" the well -placed freestyle gives very correct and reliable measures, with barely differences with respect to the capillary (in my case, since each person is aworld).My advice: it is important not to repeat the area of ​​application of a sensor, because I have noticed that in those cases that sensor does not mark correctly and the difference is greatly accentuated with the capillary (downward, almost always).I'm rotating them (giving 3-4 weeks between areas) from the top of the arm to below, imagining three zones: upper, medium and lower, and since I do it, all the sensors are perfectly me.It is like if we do not give the skin to regenerate, the sensor is not able to work well.
To put fast insulin we have to alternate both systems, capillary and interstitial: the most correct thing is that we make a capillary measurement before each meal.The arm sensor serves to see the trend that our glucose carries and we can reduce or increase waiting time from injecting insulin and start eating or, for example, taking some quick HC to cut a descent trend before injecting theinsulin.Thus we will avoid postprandial hypoglycemia that we did not understand before, for example.Freestyle has many advantages but capillary glucose is always necessary.

You have said it: in your case :-) What I have commented on the posts happens to me: sometimes it is reliable, sometimes not.
(The matter intrigues me again: if it is a thing of the sensors or if it is the thing of the internal balances and rhythms of each person)
As for the rotation, I have barely fat, I am very skinny, so the possibilities are reduced;But I'm rotating with an arm and two fingers up or down.
As for the trends, there is something else that intrigues me: in my case many times (many, many, many ...) is going down and the reader does not stop marking horizontally: I am measuring every five ten minutes, and I seeThat each time the number is lower, but the arrow is horizontal ... I don't like that.So when choosing the time to inject insulin I trust me much more of my knowledge of what I am going to eat and how it usually falls to me, and from my intuition, than from the arrows (if I see a vertical arrow my body my body andHe is notifying him before seeing it most of the time).

hugs :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
05/24/2017 3:50 p.m.

@"Imara" if it is best to know oneself and know how each food acts.

Have you noticed that Glimp in the red line puts you what he interprets + his recalculation and that you can also see the "moral" which is the direct reading of the free without the algorithm that Abbott provides?The Moorish that are the direct data of the sensor are usually more reliable than the ABBOTT application that analyzes the data and interprets them giving different values.At least it is what I have proven.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2017 4:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia", I have noticed;When taking several days with the Glimp, the two curves are separated.But it does not fit what you say: if the moral or lilac is that of the direct data of the sensor, it does not help me to control hypos or inject insulin because, as you will see in the graph that attached, it leaves so much of the capillary reality,That gives scare (I have put a very exaggerated stretch, in other sections it leaves less).
It is evident that the interstitial measures one thing and the capillary another, but that there is a continuous readjustment between them, like a swell, one person told me one day, with a good metaphor, it seems to me: it is a wave that can be variable (thatIt makes me lean towards the option that the sensor-capital differences are rather a matter of the internal waves of the person;a lot;

That is why I say that the values ​​that glymp launches are more reliable to "save" a hiccup, or see if the thing is towards hyper ...

imara's profile photo
imara
05/24/2017 5:06 p.m.

@"Imara" free and capillary measure different things, it is clear, but the interstitial glucose value has to be practically the same as in the capillary as long as your glucose is stable.The more unstable (quick increases or declines) you have in glucose, the more different the values ​​will be, since the interstitial is a slight deferred with respect to the capillary of a few minutes (I would say that about 10 min., More or less).The capillary, on the contrary, immediately reflects the changes of your glucose always.To "save" from a hip, you can simply observe the trend that carries the line that traces the sensor, regardless of the arrow you have next to the freestyle value, since @"ruthbia" has all the reason for the world andMany times we see the glucose in continuous fall, but the trend arrow is stable all the time, which confuses us a little, especially at the beginning.Anyway, it is very useful to know your trends and behavior patterns to be attentive to hypos and hyper: I, for example, 75 mg/dl at 5:00 p.m.I let it be, because my trend in the afternoon is updrop.

@"Ruthbia", because I believe me that I grease I have little in my arms (and in the rest of the body, in general, heh), because I am quite thin.So these types of issues, the accuracy - or not - of a certain sensor, may have more to do with internal rhythms of each body or physiological.Until now I do it as I have explained before and if I use a good part of the back of the arm, from high to very down.

All the best!!: D

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/24/2017 5:48 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"imara" I mean that LibreLink (the app), for example, gives me 265mg/dl after its interpretation, while the reading that Glimp captures is 213mg/dl, and that with the capillaries that I have put toGLIMP The red curve marks me 210m g/dl.
Right now they do not come because I got up at 7:00 I got fast, I had breakfast at 7:15 and the effects of insulin begin to work at about 9:45;In half an hour I will see the descent arrow.So at this time what the sensor marks is not significant at all.

@"JPR" I broken the sensors because when I take them off I have a little irritation and the red insertion point very marked a few days.So I have chosen to do the same as with insulin, rotate so as not to damage the area too much.I have something left over my fat, but I have liquids to give to the Third World.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2017 9:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, after a while using the Glimp, I point out some observations:

It seems that (introducing the hair measures that I do) adjust more in general to the capillary measure.

There is one thing that I do not like: the official free reader and the Glimp mark trend arrows that sometimes do not coincide: a horizontal brand and another climbing or down oblique, for example.

Another thing: when the hair measure that I do is going a lot about what the Glimp marks and I introduce it to the program, then the Glimp sometimes corrects the measure automatically and marks a few points of difference.Other times, it marks the same as I have made hair, with two arrows up or lowering vertical.That is, then those arrows do not mark the trend (since before it marked horizontal) but something like "ok, okay, I correct fast!): P

Example: I measure Glimp and brand 200. I measure capillary and brand 150. I introduce the measure to the Glimp and it goes to mark 150 with two vertical arrows down, when in reality the blood glucose is not going down quickly 8- |

imara's profile photo
imara
06/06/2017 3:50 p.m.

I think it indicates readjustment in that case instead of a trend

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2017 7:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@imara I have proven several times that as you go to the glymp many hair values ​​in a row, there is a moment that seems to go crazy and correct you with a graph that is not real ... what I do is go to the file administrator of the files of the files of the archives of theMobile and eliminate all the results of Glimp saved and when I enter it is completely clean and return to normal.-.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/06/2017 9:04 p.m.

Thank you, @"Sigsauer" I have taken a look and there are diverse files with blood glucose-not-what-more names, and I have deleted them.
Today is a new sensor, so I will erase what I find out there.I keep them in different places;I have found some on the mobile and others in the SD ... 8- |

imara's profile photo
imara
06/08/2017 5:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.