How to calculate fat versus insulin

Ruthbia's profile photo   05/30/2016 10:54 a.m.

Until very recently I have gone from the topic "Fat" only controlled the hydrates for my insulin doses, but now I see that like everyone else, the excess fat intake keeps me at very high levels more than well.
Each body is different, but more or less because of your experience, how do you calculate insulin if for example you eat sausage (I love the chorizo ​​that my mom makes)?Or dining cheeses?In what proportion?

The last time I had dinner with more fruit salad and I was around 160, started getting off at 6:00 in the morning from 22:00 that I had dinner.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2016 10:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I try to eat clean of fat.No longer because it is diabetic, but for health itself.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/30/2016 4:20 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I never abuse, but the cheese night was scared in the morning when I saw the curve ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2016 4:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

But that is normal fat slows down and suggests sugar.I can only tell you that taking something copious or fat (chuleton, sausage, cheese, etc.) is food and with a perspective of burning it with exercise.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/30/2016 4:26 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I like to eat everything, and the vegetables and salads with extra but raw virgin oil, what I do not know is whether this will also make me up the glucose or only saturated fats. I had not thought about it but as @ruthbia saysThe same goes up more.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2016 4:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

More than going up, my impression is that it remains in Stand-Kye longer.
I grease not as usually, but that night I tried Parmesano and Emmendal Cheese ... Ñam, ñam, ñam ... I still relate to me.

Living with a "non -diabetic" who eats in front of you "forbidden delights" is a great temptation ....

For next time I will upload the insulin, to see how such, and I will do it at noon.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2016 5:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

With fat, glycemic levels rise more slowly so the danger of hiccups is in the first ossegunda hours after food.

To slow down the effect of insulin and prevent "go faster" than hydrates I think a good idea is to puncture in places where the effect is slower like ass, arms or thighs.In the abdomen, insulin will begin to take effect before hydrates plus fat

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2016 7:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.