How to accept that I am diabetic and avoid the anxiety of eating sweet things

mespino76's profile photo   06/01/2016 6:40 a.m.

How about everyone, my name is Mauricio, I am from Mexico and I am 40 years old, for 6 years this condition was declared, my family by my mother is diabetic, last week I had 363 glucose, I think that despiteThis time and knowing the complications of not taking care of yourself, I have not been able to accept this disease and it costs me a lot of work to discipline myself in a matter of food intake, everything I cannot eat seems a lot, that they recommend me ...

mespino76's profile photo
mespino76
06/01/2016 6:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, what do you want me to get you, accept it, I never think I accept it, living with it is not an option is an obligation.Disciplined, you have to be yes or if she is friendly that you have thrown yourself requires your attention 24 hours a day.This is like when a person wants to lose weight and begins to take care of the alignment, how does not control that anxiety and lose that discipline will achieve the opposite.Now you must maintain if or if that discipline, at least until your glycemia are stable and des with your insulin dose for that good control, then you can "enjoy, give a whim", in adequate proportions, of what you like, butI also tell you not every day.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/01/2016 7:33 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@mespino76 There are not many options as @Luvi says more than living with "the friend".

My first days, what I did was clean from my pantry and the frido eliminated unnecessary hydrates, chocolates, cookies, sweet drinks ... etc.In my house the first 6 months did not enter what the temptation did not exist.Soon I adapted to my new food diet and now I can have hydrates products and do not tempt me.
I also have to tell you that my educator was my aggressive, even hurtful, I wanted to die with everything I told me and her messages dug ... I got a lot of fear in my body, so there are certain hydrates such as chocolate or potatoesfries that I love and have stopped tempting me for life.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2016 9:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok, thank you very much for your comments I have thought a lot and I have effectively start to discipline mycoconut or guava pineapple water that I like but until now I have managed not to take it ...

mespino76
06/02/2016 6:13 a.m.

If you introduce the sport as I live in your life you can afford some "whim" that another occasionally but without passing, hehehe

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/02/2016 10:22 a.m.

@Mespino76 I buy flavors water that carries sweetening and without hydrates.Now for summer (in Spain) very fresh feel great.
If you endure 3 weeks, I assure you that you get used to it and you will not miss it.You have to find substitutes that you like and do not bring you extra of hydrates.

As @joseludi says, sport and/or exercise will also help you level and you can ever give yourself a whim.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2016 1:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you have slow and fast insulin treatment, you can eat everything, calculating rations and fast

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2016 3:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is all a matter of practice and controls

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2016 3:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

How about everyone, my name is Mauricio I am from Mexico and I have 40 years, for 6 years I was told that despite this time and knowing the complications of not taking care of it, I have not been able to accept this disease and it costs me a lot of workDisciplinary in food, everything I can't eat seems a lot.
Hi @mespino76, and welcome to the forum;but, !!thatbole, walk;Your pure male !!What is it ???And surely, the enchiladas, taquitos, chorditas, (well spicy), mole, corn, margaritas, tequila, salt watermark, the crown and black model, the black beans and rice beans with tomato, and its jalapenos ......This have hydrates that will harm you to achieve a better balance in your glycemic results !!!(Where are you in Mexico?;)

ani's profile photo
ani
06/02/2016 5:11 p.m.

Ok friends thanks for your comments I am from the Federal District in Mexico, I have been soda or sweetened waters for two weeks, as well as tamales.Cakes

mespino76
06/04/2016 7:20 a.m.

I encourage mepino76 sure you are already seeing it in the glucometer.
Every effort has its reward.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/04/2016 2:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think how the fellow @joseludi when I have important training always falls something rich.With sport and controlling well, everything goes better, although it is true that control is complicated, it is not like a non -diabetic

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.