{'en': 'People with diabetes are more likely to change the diet than to do physical exercise', 'es': 'Las personas con diabetes son más proclives a cambiar la dieta que a hacer ejercicio físico'} Image

People with diabetes are more likely to change the diet than to do physical exercise

fer's profile photo   05/11/2017 5:04 p.m.

An adequate diet and physical exercise are two of the key prescriptions when addressing a diabetes case.And yet, patients do not accept both recommendations in the same way: they are more likely to change diet than to perform physical exercise.

Xana González and Cristina Papín, nurses who have just finished their period of residence in the Avilesina health area, are the authors of a study on the motivation of patients who have received the Prize of the Community Nursing Association (AEC) for the best workresearch."Spain is one of the countries with the highest prevalence of diabetes at European level. It is very important to enhance the motivation of patients when performing diet and physical activity," says González.

The two nurses elaborated a questionnaire of 20 questions that served as the basis for that study and that can now be implemented in health centers as a tool to be able to motivate each patient individually."The type of motivation is different for one person and for another," they explain.And it is that the motivation with which patients face this change in behavior habits is essential to achieve success.

Some of the customs that costs most to acquire patients are related to increasing fish consumption to the detriment of meat and carrying identification with personal data and diabetic situation."Patients who have no perception of having family support have worse glycemic control," they add.

Another study related to diabetes that was presented yesterday in San Agustín is prepared by Irene Sánchez and Ana Isabel Vigil, which detected a prevalence of diabetic retinopathy of 6.9 percent, lower than usual, among patients in this pathology.They also made their contributions Jimena Llorens, on microciruge, and Rocío Martínez, about the volunteer experience in Sahara.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/11/2017 5:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer I feel totally identified with this news and I thank you for putting it.
For a medical report, for a serious hypoglycemia suffered after which I believe that few people have suffered preferred not to play sports because fear seized me.
Many more years passed, until I realized the danger of my body for being alone being controlled with diet.
Doing sports with diabetes is complicated, nor a long walk is sometimes easy to do.
We have to fight !!!!!!We cannot let fear take over us and not fight !!!!!
Our control should not be based only on insulin, sport and diet are also essential.

Never let diabetes take away the illusions of your lives !!!!
Do not stop dreaming !!!!
We will fall several times !!!!!But you have to get up and continue !!!!!!
Never throw in the towel !!!!

It will cost us !!!!We will have a bad time !!!!But when we get our tears will be of joy and we will be the happiest people in the world !!!!!!

For all !!!!!!Not a dream without trying !!!!And if we fall another harder next time !!!!

You have the example in a person that thanks to seeing how you fight every day is loaded with forces to fight, it is not easy but does not mean that we cannot have illusions.

Do not leave the sport appeared please !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/13/2017 1:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.