People's defender response to the financing of continuous GL monitoring systems

asanz's profile photo   06/02/2016 11:40 p.m.

As a year ago I sent a letter to the Ombudsman requesting financing by the public health system of continuous glucose monitoring systems.Today I got the response of the Ombudsman:
"In the light of the conclusions of the evaluation report carried out. The administration does remember that these results seem not to advise the introduction of said technique in the common portfolio of services."
Who noses has made this evaluation? Surely it has not been a type 1 diabetic or a father with a small type 1 diabetic child.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
06/02/2016 11:40 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

You know what happens that as doctors advise to wear it but look at your finger the same, total that would be double expense for them, and only look at that.
TB could give you the option to say 50% of each of the options, bring meter and give you half of the strips, but they only see the expense.

And in children it had to be mandatory for you to subsidize it.

But as you say, it is not diabetic who decides it or has a diabetic family member ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/03/2016 9:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It's like when you fall short of strips and the maximum you can measure are 6 times a day and they tell you, with 6 times it is more than enough you should not measure yourself anymore ... Only we know the insecurity we feel when we do not know how we are!

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
06/03/2016 10:07 a.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

I read these things and I turn on !!!!
Jolin !!!!As Asanz says, they get into endocrinogy consultations and ask adults, parents and children with diabetes !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/03/2016 11:29 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It is clear that they prefer to subsidize banks

asanz's profile photo
asanz
06/03/2016 2:05 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

I also wrote to the Ombudsman.The study has done so in the Canary Islands and I wrote to the person who did it.He had the deference to answer me.This was your answer:

Dear Mrs. Lardín,

In the first place I would like to thank you for your email and that you have contacted us to expose your situation and assessment in relation to the recent report on continuous glucose monitoring systems in real time for patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes.

We are aware that the next explanation will serve as little comfort in your situation, but I beg you to try to understand it, and with it the nature of our work.

Indeed, a technology can save lives from people suffering from a certain disease, but costing an amount of money with which even more lives of people with another disease could be saved.The reality is that money must be distributed in the way in which possible lives with the money there are save.Another different topic is whether or not we agree with this approach and distribution of the health budget.

The report commented specifically published on people with unnoticed hypoglycemia.They are only two studies, which are not entirely comparable (because the device used in one of them is more modern and incorporates an automatic suspension system of insulin administration, and the other does not) and have several methodological problems.
It is crucial that this difference takes into account: we do not affirm that the device does not work in that group of people, but that from those few published data and their methodological problems, and attending to the scientific rules that we have to stick,We cannot say that it does work.It is that there is little scientific evidence in favor, not that there is much evidence against.

Precisely for that reason, and for experiences with the device like yours, and because many experts believe that it is useful in people with unnoticed hypoglycemia, we are convinced that they will soon leave new studies that strengthen scientific evidence.Therefore, it is not a closed topic at all.

And at the exclusively personal level, we feel the need to tell you that we are not emotionally oblivious to the individual reality of people like you or others with very serious health problems, and with tremendously difficult situations to move forward.But we broadcast some judgments based on a scientific methodology and published studies, we have to stick to that.

Thank you very much again for your email and we hope that this explanation can help you understand our activity and the reason why the conclusions of the report in question are issued.

Receive a cordial greeting,

Estrellita's profile photo
Estrellita
06/03/2016 6:59 p.m.

Well, you know, for that there are the general elections, so as not to vote what so far prefers to subsidize the banks .., and if not ... then more of the same.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
06/04/2016 12:21 p.m.

Well the other governments canceled me a fertility treatment for having divorced me in the 2 years that took me to start... only to couples of any kind less single mothers.It doesn't matter everything that I complained, I wrote and others.

And now I can't adopt for being diabetics

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/04/2016 2:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, can't you adopt in any country?
What happens if you don't say you are diabetic?
An analytical does not have to discover it if you know how to adjust

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/04/2016 11:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Come now!Can we not adopt?Flipo!
And about the defender I don't comment because I heat me up ... arg!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
06/05/2016 8:46 p.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

Total, they do not finance it because it comes out more expensive than the strips they are giving.If it left cheaper. They would change it for the strips.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/05/2016 8:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina I am not going to make the grandmother's account but it does not come out cheaper, asks how much it costs 1 box of reactive strips, you calculate the daily glycemia, in my case when I do not carry the free 7-8 daily glycemies and compare it with what whatFreestyle sensors (€ 60) or dexcom (+/- € 75) cost the free and up to 3-4 weeks the Dexcom ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/05/2016 10:10 p.m.

And you can not do without the strips because the accuracy in the measurements is a m .....

fjf's profile photo
fjf
06/05/2016 10:12 p.m.

@FJF The details are what are, I think that many times we forget that the result of continuous glucose meters have been in a delay, it is one thing that must be taken into account and it happens to us,The important thing is the trend.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/05/2016 10:15 p.m.

regina said:
@ruthbia, can't you adopt in any country?
What happens if you don't say you are diabetic?
An analytical does not have to discover it if you know how to adjust

@Egina now I can not part of the diabetes because I am divorced ... the diabetes can not hide it because in the famous certificate of suitability they ask you for a medical certificate or something ...
I am opting for embryo.By age (+ 40) they assume that my genes are altered and the treatment is going over € 10k ... and I think that father/mother is not the one who gives the genes, so I will "adopt" some some someFertilized embryos from another couple in my body and cross my fingers so that everything goes well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2016 9:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The main problem of this whole issue is due to a single issue (money) is supposed toWhat they are paying for the strips in this case, you think they would not change it immediately ,,, of course, everything depends on the politicians who govern, who are the ones who decide, I ask my diabetics association to try to press so that they includeThe improvements and they answered that they cannot do anything because there are still people who do not have access to the basic strips a puuuu .....
But as they say to take billions of €, if (that the equivalent in pesetas would be billion of the old pesetas) with that many things that are not whims could be paid

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/06/2016 7:02 p.m.

Money and power is what moves the world ...
And the laboratories have both, so they will spend more years for the cure of diabetes and a few more to standardize continuous meters in the SS.
But they could negotiate a copayment instead of the taxpayer paying it 100%;Some could have it more economical than right now.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2016 1:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sigsauer said:
@royFree 7-8 daily glycemias and compare it to what the freestyle sensors (€ 60) or Dexcom (+/- 75 €) that last 2 weeks free and up to 3-4 weeks the dexcom ...

Indeed, that they get more expensive ... they will say it.In my case a month they give me about 6-7 boxes of strips, which is what I need without dexcom (and just, I crush my fingers) ... to 45 euros ... 315 euros ... if they gave me 1 boxEvery 2 months185 per month, and 1 box of strips a month for controls, it would come out at 230 euros per month .... I would buy an extra sensor if I need (they last 2 weeks), and some strip ...

If they don't see it, or they don't know how to add or ...

And this in the very short term (1 month), if we speak in the medium or long term, the oxplications that can avoid and that cost a lot of money ... nor do we talk ....

Now ... what do you prefer to give your friends money?Well, but that they stop nonsense and stupides of money ...

And we say that a sensor box is 370 euros ... but that we think (like the strips) that if 2000 boxes are bought, will it be at that price?If already buying 7 boxes (subscription) is lowered to almost 300 euros each box .... imagine 7000.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/07/2016 9:42 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

They give us four boxes of strips .. and because we ask for more, that the nursing order are three.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2016 11:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.