Why is a baby born?

pgs_cs's profile photo   06/07/2016 8:45 p.m.

Good, my question is why a baby can be born diabetic if the mother does not suffer from diabetes?

Sometimes I have heard of gestational diabetes or the risks of a mother with diabetes.

But if the mother does not suffer from this what reasons can there be?simply bad luck?

pgs_cs's profile photo
pgs_cs
06/07/2016 8:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Some inheritance or genetic mutation...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2016 1:08 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I do not know, but it has to be very fat to be born with diabetes, not only for the baby, if not those parents ... my mother, horrible, I do not want to imagine it.
Anyway I have not heard with diabetes, if it develops with a few months of life, but diabetic born ....

In any case, there are children born with heart problems, or kidneys, etc ....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/08/2016 11:04 a.m.

Hi @Pgs_cs,

I recommend that you read these two issues:

Link responses-a-las-questions-typical

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/08/2016 12:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
hello @pgs_cs,

I recommend that you read these two issues:

Link responses-a-las-questions-typical

Link

Thank you fer, but I did not refer to gestational diabetes, but to develop the disease without having relatives with it at 6 months as it was my case. I have always seemed a bit weird the truth, my mother did not have gestational diabetes, thank you.Anyway

pgs_cs's profile photo
pgs_cs
06/08/2016 6:54 p.m.

There is usually a genetic propensity and a trigger that can be a virus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2016 12:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I tell you the answer they gave us when they diagnosed our little one with 12 months.It is a lottery that has touched you !!!In the family we have no case for diabetes.

AranyMario's profile photo
AranyMario
06/14/2016 9:12 a.m.

Mama peque con diabetes tipo 1 (desde los 12 meses)
Bomba de Insulina Medtronic Minimed 640g
Insulina Humalog

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.