{'en': 'Insulin pump and beach', 'es': 'Bomba de insulina y la Playa'} Image

Insulin pump and beach

AranyMario's profile photo   06/09/2016 6:01 p.m.

Hello everyone.

As a rookie mom in this world I want to consult you here and tips for the issue of insulin bomb on the beach.

Any advice on how to keep it while the little one is on the beach?(It is a 20 -month little)

Although we use the pump that can be submerged, it gives me stick to put it in the water does not spoil with the salt or something.

Or the little one who starts playing with the sand ..... mother that new world will be this to go to the beach.

Another things insulin with the heat that is supposed to do on the beachWould it be convenient to change it every day ???

What a sea of ​​doubts!

Greetings and thanks.

AranyMario's profile photo
AranyMario
06/09/2016 6:01 p.m.

Mama peque con diabetes tipo 1 (desde los 12 meses)
Bomba de Insulina Medtronic Minimed 640g
Insulina Humalog

I tell you I have the bomb since July of last year, it is true that being older because it is different.My bomb is the animas Vibe if I am going to be on the beach all day because we have barbecue or party if it protects it with a Aquapac cover that bought in the tejadeladiabetes.com, for price and sympathy the best.If it is to go in the afternoon or in the morning, I bathe with it both in sea and in pool here we are already a week that we go to the beach until the end of September.This week we will stay perhaps.
The 640g pumps as the animas are prepared to endure, I only advise you to clean it well with water in the shower when you leave.
Heat because I have been in the sun with her and I have never had problems that you notice something strange and make less effect, when I get into the water with it I imagine it would be cool.
I change the catheter L, MX and Friday, in beach and in winter.
I have played football in the beach, now to my years that I start doing sports, at first if I was careful, then I fell through the sand with it, they are prepared to be watertight, if you have any problem the house mustanswer you.I always carry it hooked with the click on the swimsuit, be careful the only thing that the catheter tube is not very loose and that is not hooked with anything.
If you do not trust there are people who follow some guidelines to disconnect, but I don't like to disconnect.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/09/2016 8:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I carry the Paradigm of Medtronic, in the desert 20 days doing crazy things, on the mountain with snow and ice to my eyebrows and pir supyesto with my family on the beach, echostumbro to disconnect when I enter the water, never curtain with bowling that time that time that timeWell, the activity consumes calories, I love my pump hahahahaha health!

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
06/09/2016 10:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I already send you a private, but I tell you here again.

Do not get bad, because being so little age the same does not want to get into the sea, and you can carry the entire mñn pump.
I imagine the bomb I will take it in some zip belt, something protected, I recommend this:
Link
Those who carry a zipper.And then you hide it in the swimsuit inside and that's it.
I buy the swimsuit type adult pants, of those setts, instead of those of Braga.

And enjoy.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/10/2016 10:27 a.m.

@AranyMario I believe that the main thing that if you bathe with it clean later and others with water in the shower or physiological serum if it is only the catheter because you disconnect it, mine is not aquaticWhen disconnecting.
Because of the heat without fear, you do not have to spoil for daily use, but according to what hours you will be on the beach a little umbrella or cover it with something type shirt or covers that comment the compis, simply will not come badly.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/10/2016 4:28 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I think I remember that some mom wrapped her well in transparent film like the one we use in the kitchen, to protect him from the sand, and worked well, apart from her belt ...

beti's profile photo
beti
06/10/2016 5:10 p.m.

Haha .... that was me!The film .... But at the end and after 3 days we realized that it was not so much.That either with that age they batter in sand or bathe.

I already tell you that it was all easier than what we expected.

When I have a couple more years if you have to protect with the film or a neoprene swimsuit that they get a lot.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/10/2016 9:52 p.m.

Thank you all for help !!!!We will tell you to see how we are given the beach and piscinean theme.
When we return I will tell the experience in case someone can help

All the best

AranyMario's profile photo
AranyMario
06/14/2016 9:03 a.m.

Mama peque con diabetes tipo 1 (desde los 12 meses)
Bomba de Insulina Medtronic Minimed 640g
Insulina Humalog

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.