Blood punctured insulin

19lajara's profile photo   05/15/2017 4:06 p.m.

Hello,
Today I have punctured my usual dose of insulin Humalog with 4mm needle before the food and when the needle I have seen that it was stained with an insulin droplet mixed with blood (some capillary I imagine).The fact is that so I can't explain, the sugar level has lowered me very quickly.Do you know by documentation if when the blood insulin is pricking its absorption is accelerated?It is the only logic that I find to this reaction (it carried the freestyle that shows a very fast descent).

Txs

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
05/15/2017 4:06 p.m.

debut:1993. HbA1c: 6.1% (12/02/24). Desde Marzo 2024 intentando entender a mi nueva pareja, una Ypsopump con CamdiabFx.
..., Deporte, deporte, alguna carrera corta, media distancia, Marathon Valencia 2017, Marathon Frankfurt 2016, 1/2 Maratón Zaragoza 2016; Maratón Zaragóza 2015; ...

Normally when you bleed is that you have gone through a capillary not that insulin has entered blood, it is rare that it passes in blood ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/15/2017 4:37 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"19Lajara" has happened to me only 2 times but there have been 2 horse housing with traces based on Coca Cola.Whenever bleeding the needle does not have to have entered blood insulin but it can happen, I tell you from experience ... what if you notice apart from the blood was a more acute pain than normal.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/15/2017 6:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It has happened to me many times and sometimes there is low and sometimes not.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/15/2017 6:51 p.m.

If pain to me has happened to me and if Blood Moratón sure but that I have lowered me ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/15/2017 8:55 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

To close this theme, I want to upload the image with the graphics of the freestyle in which the evolution of glycemia is seen on 05/15/17 (day I observed the blood when extracting the needle) and the next to observeThe completely different evolution despite the fact that the environment, the time, the amount of HC ingested is the same.
@Gala, @sigsauer, @anaisabel, thanks for the comments.

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
05/17/2017 11:59 p.m.

debut:1993. HbA1c: 6.1% (12/02/24). Desde Marzo 2024 intentando entender a mi nueva pareja, una Ypsopump con CamdiabFx.
..., Deporte, deporte, alguna carrera corta, media distancia, Marathon Valencia 2017, Marathon Frankfurt 2016, 1/2 Maratón Zaragoza 2016; Maratón Zaragóza 2015; ...

It is rare when you catch a capillary channeling and managing insulin.In this case it cannot be called absorption, since it is inside the bloodstream.In case pass you have to monitor glucose and fast carbohydrates

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
07/15/2017 1:30 a.m.

@"19Lajara" because I see the freestyle graph that attached, the day you had that 40 mg/dl hypoglycemia before injecting the insulin you had already begun a tendency to descent, so that the fast insulin accelerated that fall andpreviously existing, while on the second day you teach (16) you were with stable glucose or with a light trend of ascent, so that, obviously, insulin did not have the same effect ... I see more feasible that explanation than aInsulin injection directly in blood ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/15/2017 noon

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

It has happened to me several times and it is not that it enters blood is that it tissues some capillary and the blood is of output not entry so it does not directly influence insulin

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/15/2017 12:03 p.m.

It may be, but it is uncommon for me that in more than 20 years with diabetes it is the first time I put insulin when I had already begun a tendency to descent, so that the quick insulin accelerated that existing fall.
Anyway I sign out everything you tell me and in September I commented to the endocrine.
Thank you

jpr said:
@"19lajara" because I see the freestyle graph that you attach, the day you had that hypoglycemia of 40 mg/dl before injecting the insulin you had already begun a trend a trendof descent, with which the rapid insulin accelerated that previously already existing fall, while on the second day you teach (16) you were with stable glucose or with a light trend of ascent, so that, obviously, insulin did not have thesame effect ... I see more feasible that explanation than an insulin injection directly in blood ...

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
07/15/2017 12:13 p.m.

I ever happened to me: having hypoglycemia without understanding the reason, when the starting glucose was normal and the fast ratio was well adjusted with the HC of the food.Now, thanks to Freestyle, I understand that it was for trends.That is why I never put the insulin in a tendency of descent: brake the trend always before putting the insulin;I do it with a fast HC (little quantity) and when I stopped, then I put the bolus.Another option is to reduce the waiting time since you put insulin until you start eating if we are going down glucose, but the above works for me better.Surely you can prevent this from happening again.@"19Lajara"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/15/2017 12:35 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.