Reduction of working hours.Minor care with diabetes

Elejulia's profile photo   06/13/2016 4:52 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!

As you know, I am Julia's mother, she is 11 years old and has been diabetic for 6 months.

A month ago I proposed to make a reduction of working hours to be able to be at home and control the meals, I am afraid that you eat more hydrates than you should take.

I need she to learn what she should do when she wants to eat less or more, I see her lost and she needs her mother to be by her side to solve her doubts.

I am an official and I have an hour of first leg and another back to go from home to work, so request this reduction.

As soon as they told me they told me that I couldn't ask for it.So I was documenting myself online and found that officials could not request it but there was a letter from the Ombudsman where he said.I communicated it to the company and then they told me to present it ... but of course it has been the resolution that is not.An answer that I already feared.

Now I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know if I can request it directly?

Thank you so much!!
Elena and Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/13/2016 4:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, we enter the debate to recognize diabetes as disability or not.In children I should be recognized, because they are totally dependent on parents, but it is not ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2016 10:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I believe that at least until the child's 18 years, we should have a reduction in order to be ableNot having health problems.
But today we have no facility on the part of the administration.
It is pity to be denied by telling me that you don't need care.That they will know that you need a minor with diabetes (I mean the company where I work).How easy it is to resolve this type when they have no idea.

greetings
Elena and Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/13/2016 11:03 p.m.

Some of my workmates have had a reduction in working hours for children under 12 years.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/13/2016 11:03 p.m.

I am now with a 1/3 reduction for having a child under 12 but charging 65% of my payroll.
What I mean is the reduction of working hours due to minors with serious diseases among them is diabetis.

The question I have is if as an official I can ask for it directly to INSS since from my administration human resources they have denied it.

greetings
Elena and Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/13/2016 11:11 p.m.

Try it because a new law for the care of minors with serious illness has come out, and diabetes has to be included.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/14/2016 1:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Elejulia I was only the first three months of its diagnosis (with nine years) with a 50% day reduction but without salary reduction due to child care with serious illness in whose list was diabetes.I needed an endocrine report in which I specified that it needed continuous care. They have to renew three months in three months presenting an endocrine report as if you still need. I do not know if I explain, not because you have diabetes, they grant it but because you needContinuous care either at the beginning of the diagnosis, by age, ..... I am statutory personnel, I do not know how it will work in officials, you could ask the lawyer of the Diabetes Association and to advise you. I hope you are lucky.

beti's profile photo
beti
06/14/2016 2:23 p.m.

Hi @elejulia and @beti, I am also looking to ask for it, because my daughter is only 2 years old (in September 3).And I am also a statutory (from Sacyl, Castilla and Leon Health Service) today I went to inst and they told me that I would surely have to ask through my management for being within the statute of public work ...
@beti, how did you do it?where did you request it ?? And where do you have to present the report?
@elejulia if puts something that public officials are governed by another law, but the right to help you have, I say ...
I read this:
Link

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
06/14/2016 5:13 p.m.

I asked for it in the hospital staff where I work and they managed it. I gave them the report themselves.

beti's profile photo
beti
06/14/2016 6:56 p.m.

Ok thank you very much @beti

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
06/14/2016 8:38 p.m.

In my work center you have to go to the head of staff and there they manage it.It is also there where you can ask that you give you information.The permission of one month due to serious illness as IASS labor personnel can also ask for it, but I do not know what conditions have to be given if it can be expanded.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/14/2016 8:53 p.m.

Thank you very much.The university where I work is not for the work of granting or processing anything (the truth is that human resources do not help much in anything).
I will approach the ins i vere what I can do, on July 1 I have a visit with the endocrine and see if you can make another report but this time specifies that the girl needs continuous care.

I will explain how the thing is over.
Thank you,
Elena I Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/21/2016 10:19 a.m.

Hi Mariah14,

But it throws me back because it puts this:

"... not being applicable to public officials, which will be governed by the provisions of art.49.e) of Royal Legislative Decree 5/2015, of October 30, which approves the consolidated text of the lawof the basic statute of the public employee "

Art.49
"Article 49. Permits for reconciliation of personal, family and work life, due to gender violence and for victims of terrorism and their direct relatives.
e) Permit for minor child care affected by cancer or other serious illness: the official will be entitled, provided that both parents, adopters, guardians for adoption or permanent welcoming work work, to a reduction of the work day of Alless half of the duration of that one, perceiving the full remuneration with charge to the budgets of the organ or entity where it is providing its services , for care, during hospitalization andContinued treatment, of the minor child affected by cancer (malignant tumors, melanomas or carcinomas) or by any other serious illness that implies a long -term hospital admission and requires the need for direct, continuous and permanent care accredited by the report of the report of the report of the report of thePublic Health Service or Sanitary Administrative Body of the Autonomous Community or, where appropriate, of the corresponding concerted health entity and, at most, until the minor turns 18.

When they attend both parents, adopters, guardians for adoption or permanent welcoming, by the same causative subject, the circumstances necessary to be entitled to this permission or, where appropriate, may have the status of beneficiaries of the beneficiaries of theprovision established for this purpose in the Social Security regime to apply to them, the official will have the right to the perception of full remuneration during the time the reduction of their workday lasts, provided that the other parent, adopter or adopterCozy preadptive or permanent nature, without prejudice to the right to reduce the corresponding day, do not charge its full remuneration under this permit or as a beneficiary of the provision established for this purpose in the Social Security regime that may beapplication.Otherwise, it will only be entitled to the reduction of working hours, with the consequent reduction of remuneration.

Likewise, in the event that both provide services in the same body or entity, it may limit its simultaneous exercise for reasons based on the proper functioning of the service.

Regulation, the conditions and assumptions in which this reduction of day will be accumulated in full days will be established.

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/21/2016 10:30 a.m.

As always, we are in limbo .. It is typified as serious illness, but as care we are made at home, it does not require long -term hospital admission. But if we were not caregivers, they would have to be admitted, then, what?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/22/2016 2:10 a.m.

It's a roll !!!!Let's see what I do, I will think about it: -s
I think I will go to inst and advise me a little, and if they tell me to present it, I will ask my company to do the documents (they will be pissed off !!) and to wait for them to grant it to me or denied it.
We will cross the fingers [-o <

Thanks and greetings,

Elena I Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/22/2016 9:08 a.m.

Hi @elejulia the problem of all this is that we have to pay us from their pocket the company itself (although in the end everything comes from the state) and that is why they put a thousand pegas and denie it.
I am looking at it, because, although now I am of leave, in October I planned to return but reducing the day.I still do not speak with HR of my work ... but I fear the answer and it is that if they denied it, the INSS cannot do anything because in our case, we are governed by that law that you have put from the public employee.I know that I went to ask them and they told me.
You ask for another report that makes it very clear that the girl can not perform the treatment alone and it depends on you completely and that if you do not perform that treatment correctly is in danger or something, come on, that they put it very "black" so that they see that, or they give it to you, or their hair falls ... I will ask for it.
kisses and luck !! you will tell us that until September I have to "prepare it"

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
06/24/2016 3:45 p.m.

Ok thank you very much Mariah14, I will try to ask the endocrine for a more detailed medical report this Friday we have a visit with him.

I already tell you.Although once requested can I ask for it again with another report?

Thank you so much
Elena I Julia

Elejulia's profile photo
Elejulia
06/27/2016 12:01 p.m.

Well, I have no idea, but to prove that you don't have to fight for something fair!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
06/27/2016 4:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.