{'en': 'Diabetes and consciousness are calm or not?', 'es': 'Diabetes y la conciencia ¿tranquila o no?'} Image

Diabetes and consciousness are calm or not?

CEUS's profile photo   06/18/2016 1:05 p.m.

Hello,

I am 25 years old and I have been diabetic.From the beginning I did not take it with the seriousness that I owed, I have never been a totally disciplined person and when this disease arrived and this great change in my life the situation did not change.

From the beginning I ate what I wanted, did not weigh the food and made me controls and put me insulin when I should.Every time I had to go to the doctor I made me very nervous because I knew they were going to take the anger because of how bad I was doing, finally I ended up sending me to the psychologist and after this he told me not to return to the hospital since he did not docase or what told me or anything ...

Many years have passed and many episodes, many hemoglobins (I have only managed to get out of 7 once (6.8), the last one is 7 and peak and I don't know ...

It is a subject that I have been aware of a long time.I have suffered a lot with this disease, a lot of frustration, it has happened a lot, I have done what has gone to me ...

My current situation is as follows: Every time I stay with my friends I drink beer or wine, just like the rest or more.

I am a very impulsive and unstable person and there are times that if I enter anxiety, it gives me to buy chucheías, ice cream, buns ... of everything you can imagine and in large quantities.

I am aware that if the person in the store knew that I am diabetics I would think that I am crazy ... and in a way it seems that I am.

I have proposed many times doing things well, some with more success than others, I am aware of the consequences that this disease has but in a way I do not want to be aware.

Maybe I think that it can't happen to me ... I think it's a very hard path that is about to come.

I don't know what I must do ...

Think that I will not be able to try an ice cream or a cane in my life? ...

Do you really have to take it that way?

I have many reasons to live, I want to be a mother, I want to enjoy life as I have done all these years ... and for this I think I have to be very strong and make a sacrifice that I have not done so far, put my puthealth first before any temptation and not let me carry ...

Anyway ... I don't know if someone will feel identified with what I write, or I am the worst diabetics in the world ... serious consequences have not yet appeared in my health but I do not want to continue punishing my body.

A very big greeting to all and thanks for reading me, I think that simply writing this I am taking a step forward.

Thank you!

CEUS's profile photo
CEUS
06/18/2016 1:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This anxiety might treat it with pills or therapy, but a type1 diabetic can eat everything you want in a controlled way.Here people eat ice cream, reeds and everything, that if taking the appropriate insulin.And I don't think there is no one to weigh the food.

So don't feel bad about that, just get more controls, to better adjust insulin and you will see how everything goes better and you can eat what you want in a normal amount.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/18/2016 1:56 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Good @ceus welcome to the forum, I also got this misfortune in adolescence, but well I unlike you, I decided not to live those moments that you describe with friends, etc. my frustration, fear, insecurity, fear, shame, shame,etc .. dear were greater than yours, so well or bad at least tell you that I am glad that in that aspect you have continued to enjoy life, I did not do it and I will no longer be able to turn.Your words are still very different from those of many of those who share this continuous penance that is diabetes.And if this is like a jug of cold water in the middle of January that changes the life of one day another, the anxiety you comment is very normal, it has not to be diabetic the more when you have restrictions of what most people pullTo quench.And I will say that from now on instability and impulsivity on your part will be better to attenuate them, because they are already brings them diabetes.This disease requires a lot of discipline and even more sacrifice, as I always say and still ever 2+2 = 4, it is not a matter of enslaving (in meals I mean) because very much to our regret we are slaves of it and does not give breaks.Diabetes is a continuous psychological pulse and I don't know if there will be such good psychologists as to understand and treat diabetics with years in this "joy", I sincerely doubt it.But if I can tell you that even if there is, diabetes is only one, only one understands it, only one suffers from it, no one will be able to influence that.So advice first controls your diabetes and not she.As for food as @Sherpa41 says, you can eat everything (to its fair extent) always taking into account glycemia at that time and adjusting the adequate insulin for it.Forget the word prohibition even if keep in mind the word restriction, that we do not take it off.As for complications derived from a bad control, they may or may not appear, nor are we exempt from Quito, other diseases appear, so my mother says if you do not take care of yourself and do you want, who will do it ???In addition to fulfilling those dreams that you describe, you must have very good control, not only for you, but also for which you bring to this world.Sport or physical exercise is a good complement to combat that anxiety and stress caused by diabetes to advise you however it is before taking any medication.Much encouragement and strength, for what you need here I am and are all the people of this forum in which there are people with a lot of knowledge in this disease.Greetings @ceus

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/18/2016 3:16 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hi @ceus.I have also led a life like yours, the same without so many sweets but without any real glycemia control account.I was formed from my colonies in youth.I wanted to change and it all started when the endocrine changed my glucose meter for the Bolus-Chek Expert Bolus calculator.I started counting rations, getting controls before and after each meal, playing, reading and updating knowledge etc.All this progressively and little by little.Now I am with a bomb and good glucosiladas.The important thing is that you wear small goals that you want to fulfill and keep it, something that you already know, that diabetes is a constant struggle and having low and human.And relax once and give you a joy is very healthy.Diabetes marks a lot but if you want you can.All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/18/2016 5:18 p.m.

We can eat everything, yes, also ice cream and beer.

[Test and error] + [training] = freedom.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/18/2016 10:44 p.m.

As you have told you, if you learn to count rations and calculate the fast, you can eat everything, including ice cream, and that will reduce your anxiety.
With controls and much information, the restrictions are minimal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/18/2016 10:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @ceus !!Welcome!!
With 25 years you are in a great moment of your life !!I'm glad you enjoy it, for that, but to be able to enjoy it more I recommend free freestyle, it helps a lot, a lot, for me it has been one of the things that has helped me the most, it costs money yes ... butThe change is brutal, life and control facilitates.

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/21/2016 2:16 p.m.

@Robertosg What type of diabetes does your father have?

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/24/2016 8:04 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I also feel identified with you, I entered with 12 years and I have been with it 29 years.I have also done everything and I'm sure it will take its toll.I had an older sister than her 7 years after me.I was 26 years old when I enter her.Bad control of problems (fatty liver, etc).And fulminated her.I was 41 years old, I have now.It looked fabulously;(thin, physically well cared for, etc.).
The coroner did not believe the difference from outside to inside.
The words he told me were:
that he had the vital organs, like a 70 -year -old person of the wear and tear that diabetes had done.
I started taking it more seriously.Thanks to my sister.
He has a child (I leave with 10 years).Which father does not have.
Since then he lives with my parents.
I have told something I had ever done, I hope it serves something.

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
04/16/2020 7:21 a.m.

@chamus1978 In a diabetic not always being thin it is synonymous with being well taken care of.Much encouragement and strength, we have all happened in which we have not cared for anything but the important thing is to redirect it and do things right now.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/16/2020 11:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, you are 25 years old, you are no longer a girl and you have spent adolescence, I debuted with 11 years and I have 47, so it's a lifetime, I also had a little rebellion at that time but I lasted little.What if I tell you is that now it has nothing to do with 37 years ago, you think you are lucky the treatments that exist and the forms of control there are (another thing is that you could have investigated and invested more in diabetesBut that is another question), when I started I had to load the insulin in syringe and insulin was pork, which is the most similar to the human.Then the human arrived and then the analogs.The strips the same and now there is also the glucose flasses, which helps you a lot to a better control, you see how the blood glucose goes up or lowers what you eat, you see the trend arrows, I do not know if your endocrine has spoken to youOf this, but if not, comment, practically in all the communities it is already financed but now with the COVID it is all standing for the communities that have started it recently, but if not, you can buy it, it is not cheap but it is worth it, it is worth it,And it is easy to put and take the quiet.It's about having a healthy life, there are many non -diabetic people who have it, and that does not mean that you cannot take a cane or a piece of cake from time to time, with control and knowing the insulin that you have to wearAnd counting rations.
If you want to be a mother, you know that pregnancy has to be programmed and that you must have a hemoglobin as close to normal, yours would be less than 6.5.
Take care of yourself, evidently diabetes affects our personality, it is a pain because you have to be sorry for you all the time, but I will be practically a lifetime, that I do not see that I limit me so much and that I can do everything I wantWith the media that are today, with control and head, but I don't feel sick, much less.So I encourage and take care of yourself.
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 11:31 a.m.

@chamus1978, greetings.
Certainly, it is easier to tell our stories from anonymity.Especially at this time, we have to take great care of the illusion of living many years.Hugs.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/16/2020 5:46 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hi Ceus, I am also 25 years old and I have been diabetic since the 10th. In my adolescence (from 13 to 17 more or less) at which time I already deal with insulin, rations, capillaries, etc., I left completelySide the disease, I punctured me insulin counting the rations completely by eye, I did not give me the sugar in months, months on a single test, if I noticed symptoms of hypoglycemia comia or drink somewhat sugary and if I noticed hyperglycemia walking and water, or ifI want to run with insulin.When the appointments arrived with the endocrine two weeks before to fed on punctures on my finger to have something to tell him.Luckily I always had hemoglobin between 6.5 and 7.5, but everything was luck, because I didn't take care of me.
Now with 25 years, and from the 18 that I am more cosic, and especially since the 22 that I have free freestyle, diabetes is part of my daily life in a much more cosorable way, weight the food if I have the opportunity (I prefer to make sureThat I fail to count by eye), I correct all hyperglycemia, I know my insulin ratios, my sensitivity ... all this alone, reading here and on other websites, and thanks to the sensor.
And yet it also gives me a lot of anxiety, I like a piece of chocolate or a dessert bun that I have not counted and then I have to correct, I am very sleepy and I fall asleep with 200 for fear of correcting and having hypoglycemiaNight (more than fear of the laziness of having to wake up) and spent a whole night in 200 ...
I think that everyone or almost all have had times of not knowing how to carry this, or not wanting, especially in adolescence, almost all the diabetic people I know in adolescence have been like this.

As you have told you with information, knowing what you have to do, the insulin that you should click, etc., anxiety is very reduced and you can also eat, one, or two, or three ice cream, or bunAlcohol, whenever you put the corresponding insulin.Obviously this is not the most recommended, but not because they are diabetic, but for health, but if one day you want an ice cream or a bag of chuches you never deprive yourself of it, just put the necessary insulin.

Consult on the forum everything you want and you can and ask us all the questions you need because we will be here to answer you.The important thing is that you are here because you have realized that you need help and that you want to control your illness, now you just have to continue step by step.Cheer up.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
04/18/2020 4:09 p.m.

Hi @ceus, I have diabetes since the age of 7 and throughout adolescence I have had episodes like yours.I have drunk, eaten and done what has gone to me, believing that nothing was going to happen to me, that I telling the rations to the eye controlled (I almost eliminated bread and more things so as not to have to weigh it), than one dayNothing happens with drunkenness ... because I hated the fact of `` You can't, that you are diabetic. ''But also this courage has served me for good things, facing my fears, traveling around the world, practicing all kinds of sports (although it will lead to worse controls on many occasions).
Regarding your riot, nothing may happen to you and live many years, that happens to you like the sister of @chamus1978 or that a car runs over when the confinement ends.You will never know, but I have seen that a time comes in your life that you take the step as you have done and you start to improve.

My advice is that you are conscious and consistent from now on.In your hand is starting to take care of you more (which does not mean stop drinking alcohol, eating sweets from time to time as others have told you or being in 300/40 sometimes).Taking more care is to do what is in your hand to be as well as possible, accepting your mistakes and trying to prevent them from repeating.And learn about you and your diabetes.

Greetings to all and thanks for your comments, it comforts not to be the only one who did (or sometimes) crazy things.

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
04/18/2020 6:23 p.m.

Hi, Ceus:
As you have already told you, you can eat whatever you want, as long as you are consistent and you know how to act in certain cases (for example, with beer and sweets, which usually require extra doses of insulin).
I advise you to learn to count carbohydrates to control you better.Talk to your endocrine and tell him.It is also very important to establish a good relationship with the health professional you have at your disposal (endocrine, educators, nurses, etc.).It is very important that we feel comfortable enough with them (that we do not feel judged by our eating habits, for example).In addition, they are making the freestyle available to all type 1 diabetics (at least in Spain).If you have a lot of lack of control, the endocrine can put you on the list to give it to you soon.
To start, I would do controls before and after each meal and score everything (what I have eaten, if I have premenstrual/rule syndrome, etc.).Be constant.Over time, counting hydrates and interpretation of the results will not be so much roll.
Much encouragement !!

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
04/18/2020 7:25 p.m.

Hello CEUS
I also debut at 22, I have committed my excesses, but I always did sports is very important and the formation if we are type 1 is fundamental, you will save many complications, now I have 60 and I am not going so badly.

serafin's profile photo
serafin
04/19/2020 6 p.m.

Hi Ceus: The first one you are not the worst diabetic in the world or you are or you will be the first or last person with diabetes that gets out of control and does not take your illness seriously.Many of those who have debuted in childhood or adolescence have gone through an era of non -acceptance/rebellion.
I recommend that you start 0: Total reset of your diabetes.Ask for an appointment to assign you an endocrine and diabetological equipment and start 0 your learning: to control your diabetes, learn insulin ratios, count rations ... At first it will be hard to expose on the table that you have not taken good control but neverIt's too late to start over.After years and years of not going to an endocrine, uncontrolled total ... They came the consequences with a diabetic retinopathy, I started with a new diabetological medical team, reset all the information I had and learned again.I have gone from 10-14% hemoglobins to 5.7%.It is not easy but you can and believe me that now that I am aware of my diabetes and I take care I am happier and much quieter.Courage and for it!

sil's profile photo
sil
04/20/2020 9:35 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Doing sports will reduce anxiety and be more positive and improve your glucose.It is like 3 in 1, it has everything for what functions better, and more if you add a little responsibility.Or that, or wait for a neuralgia for a bad control of diabetes to get to you and be those pains that make you learn.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
04/22/2020 6:32 p.m.

Hello.

I'm sorry, @ceus, but I'm going to be a bit hard and sincere (sometimes it's the best option).It seems to me that you do not understand the disease very well.And I don't say it for not controlling it, I tell you because being type 1 diabetic yes you can drink beer/ wine (it barely has the wine ...) and eat candy (to a lesser extent).You just have to inject the insulin proportional to what you eat.It seems very weird that you think you can't eat that.

I honestly don't understand where the problem comes.If you feel like food, it injects, it does not have much more mystery.

Second, if you want to have a child, you have to stop being selfish.Everything good that you take care of yourself will be impact on the next 20-30 years, so it would benefit you to start taking things seriously (I repeat you, you will be able to continue taking ice cream, just in andéctate please).

Ok, once said the bad, the good comes: you are totally in time to remedy and take care of you.If you really love you, you will, and you will not put excuses.To think that this is not going to touch you: it has touched us.You have to accept it and live with it, always forward.If you stop to analyze it, controlled you can develop a totally normal life.By the way, are you Spanish?If so, since 2018 that the Freestyle 2 sensor is subsidized by Social Security.It helps you see how the glucose curve evolves inside your body, and in 2-3 months you learn the effect each food on it has, which allows you better control.

I say goodbye wishing you a lot of encouragement and a lot of strength: it's time to change

eloypdavila's profile photo
eloypdavila
04/26/2020 12:36 p.m.

Hello good, it is the first time that I enter the forum, but I always read you, I am 40 years old and I am type 1 diabetics for 9, so when I read these things, the devils take me, I carry my diabetes from the beginning toRaja Table, I do not happen absolutely at all, I measure my portions, I do not drink a drop of alcohol, I am a very full person regarding my illness, but ... it was time for my life to turn upside down, I was diagnosedA m trib in the uterus, they sent me some pills to regulate that, I destroyed my life and diabetes, those pills uncontrolled my glucose, I was unable to measure rations, the same went up that I went down in 10 minutes I lowered 130, I had to letTo work, I could no longer drive, they gave me some dizziness that died, from sugar so high or low, like this for 2 years, no doctor saw that these pills produced effect on diabetes, until they finally operated on me, 3 makes 3Months, glucose has returned to its place, I have controlled diabetes, I have been dizziness again, Insulin responds perfectly, I am very sorry to give you the tabarra, but I needed to speak it, I have never gone to a psychologist, I am from theThat he fixes his problems, no one but one is known, I think that life must be fought as he comes, so I tell Ceus, the bull and the horns, you can only do it.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
04/26/2020 12:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.