Small doubts

arjengask's profile photo   05/25/2017 8:55 p.m.

Hello!I have some questions I hope someone can help me, I have looked for information on the Internet but I can't find it very clear

My next appointment with the doctor is up to this, so I don't have much professional help on that side

Volume 1 Metformin Tablet 500 per day, what time is it better to take it?Help instantly to lower my glucose?I took it after dinner but at night I exercise and that's why I decided to take it after eating at noon, what time can it help me more?

And the other question is whether I don't use insulin or oral hypoglycemic (I don't know if they are called like this) I have DT2, may it have any hypoglycemia?One night I felt bad but I did not check my blood and when I woke up my result was lower than my average and I was thinking if it was possible that during the night I had a low

Greetings!

arjengask's profile photo
arjengask
05/25/2017 8:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning and welcome @"Arjengask".I know very little about metformin, if I am wrong that someone corrects me please.People who take metformin say that to avoid stomach ravages of the pills it is better to take it at the end of the food, any of them is indifferent, but always the same time.And no, the glucose does not fall instantly.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/26/2017 11:11 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hi Arjengask, without injecting insulin, you can't give you hypoglycemia.Greetings.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/26/2017 12:11 p.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Hello :-)

Hypoglycemia you can have, I think so.Time before the insulin I took two weeks glymepirid and almost died, because there was no one to take me out of the sugar downturn that caused me.If your body does not manage the use of insulin generated by the pancreas (which is what happens in diabetes 2), it is possible that sometimes I use it to a greater extent and others to a lesser extent.Depending on it and your internal and external personal characteristics, and what the medication affects you, if you can have hypoglycemia (and of the metformima I do not say anything because I do not know it).It is evident that if someone is injected insulin and at the time it gives it a downturn, the cause-effect is clearer.But hypos can give you the same.I was unfortunately ten years before they diagnose me, without insulin and without pills.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
05/26/2017 1:53 p.m.

I understand, really thank you for all the information, it is good to have so much help so it is virtual but of people who really know what you pass, thank you very much for all your answers and your help, they really do not know what it feels like to be able to talkWith someone who knows the steps you are taking, you are all of you, I feel very happy to have arrived here thank you very much

Greetings friends

arjengask's profile photo
arjengask
05/26/2017 3:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.