20 tips to cope with diabetes

fer's profile photo   07/05/2016 4:25 p.m.

Here we leave you 20 recommendations from endocrinologists Roberto Cerritos and Gustavo Cabrera to have a better quality of life with diabetes.

1. Educate about the disease.Know what it is, what are the symptoms and everything that is necessary to take care of you.

2. Have a good control and medical treatment of sight to avoid dreaded complications such as glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy.

3. Do the right exercise to your clinical condition and age.It is advisable to do 100 to 150 minutes a week.

4. Monitor your glucosylated hemoglobin (specialized exam) and your blood pressure, to remain at normal levels.

5. Watch your cholesterol and triglycerides levels, ask about normal parameters according to your age and sex.

6. Have a normal sugar level, at any time (not only on an empty stomach), 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.

7. Keep a low salt diet.

8. Avoid cigarette.

9. Control your weight, according to the levels established for your age, height and body structure.Ask your doctor to watch your body mass.

10. Keep control with your doctor regularly, (do not lose your appointments).He will maintain a file of your pressure, cholesterol levels and blood sugar and make the necessary changes in your treatment.

11. Tell yourself healthily.You must include food from all food groups, but it is important to suppress fats, sugars and red meat.

12. Fiber consumption increases, as it helps reduce carbohydrate absorption and maintains under sugar levels.

13. Check your kidneys at least twice a year.

14. It takes abundant water.

15. Check your feet daily, in a place with good lighting.

16. Morates the skin of the feet at night to prevent dryness.

17. Do not cut your feet with scissors.To keep them short, it is better to use a cardboard lime every day after the bathroom.

18. Use comfortable and closed footwear.

19. Always use white socks to avoid ampoules and sores, it will also help you easily recognize if there has been a wound when you check them at night.

20. Take your medications at the indicated time.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/05/2016 4:25 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's see Fer is not that I am a firm sports defender hahaha.But point 3 would have to be retouched a little:
- 150 minutes 7 days a week is 21 minutes/day.
- 100 minutes 7 days a week are 14 minutes/day.
Walking is an excellent sport, you don't have to refer only to extreme or exaggerated sport.
I would put a minimum of an hour a day if it is walking.
And for other types of sport because they also indicate.
All to put on the shoes and move the bloody circulation !!!!!!
If we fight with our diabetes everything will be beneficial for our health.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/05/2016 7:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yes, it also recently done to me.Although if you do 50 minutes running 3 alternate days it doesn't seem so little.

The main thing is not to stand and do the appropriateness of the physical condition that you have

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/06/2016 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What catches my attention is this:
6. Have a normal sugar level, at any time (not only on an empty stomach), 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.This is almost impossible !!
And what seems most curious to me:
19. Always use white socks to avoid ampoules and sores, with the socks of other colors come out more or what?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/06/2016 3:28 p.m.

Hahaha the truth that the 2 lousts have been lucid with the 20 tips, let's seem that Mortadelo and Filemón had recommended, the worst that are called endocrine.:))

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/06/2016 3:32 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

and 13. Check your kidneys at least twice a year.How are you reviewed ???

DiabetesForo
07/06/2016 8:28 p.m.

@Mariah14 Maybe it is because black attracts the sun more than white and is afraid you are burn and blish, hahaha.

@Joseludi do not be soft, we are like legionaries, we do not rest in any way;)

@Luvi these are like everyone else, they have no idea what they are talking about and come on, do not ask what you have to do if you have 90 and you have to have dinner, because they tell you not to get insulin because you have it well.

@antonimar, to see you is that you never check them?I can't even believe that you are able to do that.Every month I take a photo with flash hitting the mobile to the kidneys, that is the best way to see how they are hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/06/2016 9:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, I'm not soft, it's that you the 150 minutes per week are found in a way out of yours :))

DiabetesForo
07/06/2016 10:59 p.m.

If you get the 6, you don't need anything else, hahaha

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/07/2016 3:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

6-Don't be diabetic.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/07/2016 4:15 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

21- If you are not diabetic, but for example you are Daltonic, these 20 tips serve you the same, as the total world population.

DiabetesForo
07/07/2016 9:12 a.m.

hahaha goes mess :))

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/08/2016 6:09 p.m.

To reflect ..........................;

"-The results you get will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.-Denis Waitley."

."-Todos tenemos deseos de mejorar. Pero para convertir los sueños en realidad, se necesita una gran cantidad de determinación, dedicación, autodisciplina y esfuerzo.-Jesse Owens."
"-Noadie triumphs effortlessly. Those who trinfan owe their success to perseverance.-Ramana Maharshi."

ani's profile photo
ani
07/10/2016 2:23 p.m.

ani said:
to reflect ..........................;

Completely agree.I have walks an hour a week and I find myself much better.

"-The results you get will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.-Denis Waitley."

."-Todos tenemos deseos de mejorar. Pero para convertir los sueños en realidad, se necesita una gran cantidad de determinación, dedicación, autodisciplina y esfuerzo.-Jesse Owens."
"-Noadie triumphs effortlessly. Those who trinfan owe their success to perseverance.-Ramana Maharshi."

>

Lauropolis's profile photo
Lauropolis
06/01/2018 9:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.