Remove the pump 3 hours

aranzazuleg's profile photo   06/27/2016 10:50 a.m.

I know that there is an issue there that explained more or less what had to be done to disconnect from the pump and go to the pool without problems, but I am not clear, so I ask again with the doses of my son.

If in the afternoon of 5 to 9 it has 0.200 undes of Basal Insulin, which would have to do so that it could be in the pool 3 hours.

What would you do?

:-*

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/27/2016 10:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good
First consult with your endocrine.
In my case for a maximum of 3 hours they told me to add the basal insulin of those 3 hours and multiply by 1.25.The result was administered as an insulin bolus before disconnecting it.
For example: 0.2+0.2+0.2 = 0.6 x 1.25 = 0.75 units that I would have to put before deconenting.

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
06/27/2016 12:47 p.m.

thank you!!Now I have understood better !!

So my case would be to see if I have understood, how does it have 0.200 in three hours, I put 0.200x1.25 = 0.25 would be the Bolus to put it?I understood it well?

I have to ask the doctor sure, but let's see if he is going to tell me .... that the ulitma time I ask him not to answer anything useful.

Last year we spend pool in the afternoon and that's it, but the boy gets older and wants to go tb in the afternoon ...

aranzazuleg
06/27/2016 12:58 p.m.

@Anzazuleg Be careful because I know if you are going to move and you put everything at once the hypo can arrive.It depends on the activity you will carry.
What I would do would be to disconnect and do analysis and if necessary I put the basal, I connect a moment and put the basal.
In the pool the logical thing is that he is playing and moving.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/27/2016 3:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have already thought that, it would be better to remove it and when looking at and putting a corrector bolus?Or put the basal what have I calculated?

What I am clear is that it would put it at the time.

But exercise is not long ago, it will not swim or anything, it is very small and will not do an excess exercise.

aranzazuleg
06/27/2016 3:47 p.m.

Hello.I have the presentation, when the bomb put me, indicates what @rafaza commented

For disconnections less than or equal to 3 hours:
Dose = (TB (Basal Rate) x Number of hours) x 1.25

In prepuberent children it is multiplied by 1.20.It is administered at the time of disconnection.

This is the theory.Then it would be to try and adjust to the particular case.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/27/2016 6:53 p.m.

aranzazuleg said:
Thank you !!Now I have understood better !!

So my case would be to see if I have understood, how does it have 0.200 in three hours, I put 0.200x1.25 = 0.25 would be the Bolus to put it?I understood it well?

I have to ask the doctor sure, but let's see if he is going to tell me .... that the ulitma time I ask him not to answer anything useful.

Last year we spend pool in the afternoon and that's it, but the boy gets older and wants to go tb in the afternoon ...

Hello,
The basal dose it has is 0.2 units every hour for 3 hours or 0.2 units in 3 hours.If it is the first the bolus would be 0.6 x 1.25 or 1.20 as indicated above.

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
06/27/2016 9:43 p.m.

It was 0.2 in three hours, it has been very little, he is a 2 -year -old boy.

The truth is that your answers have served me a lot and I have learned very well, with the doctor and see what he says.

Thank you very much.

aranzazuleg
06/27/2016 9:49 p.m.

@Anzazuleg asks the doctor and test.In my case I have a little insulin per hour, between 0.4-0.7 and the guideline they gave me for 3h is the one indicated by the compis, however I hicc up the time or before I had insured.
I realized trying that up to two hours if I swim in a pool, with the wear and tear for the sport I do not need to put anything extra, when in theory they also tell you that maximum is 1h without bomb, and I do not do ketone either.
If I go to the beach and disconnect 3h without doing anything if I correct putting the sum of three hours and eating an HC ration, but that tried it after talking to a doctor in Roche gave me the idea.Theory and practice are not always accurate, so as the compis do see.If you see and with more peace of mind, try at home before going to the beach or the pool and you see how it goes.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/28/2016 4:01 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

The same thing happens to me that @gemater, basal I have 0.5-0.6 the time and if I put the bolus that corresponds to three hours multiplied by 1.25 as they explained to me it usually gives me hiccups, I wear something less or put it later depending on whatthat I have done. I would put it later, or as they have told you with control and according to the activity.

beti's profile photo
beti
06/28/2016 10:36 p.m.

So what will be better when looking at his finger and according to what he has rectify .... put a bolus?But without taking into account the active insulin that will say that the machine has, right?PQ if it will not correct you well.

aranzazuleg
06/29/2016 9:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.