Change to Toujeo

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/06/2016 3:42 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Well as I said before I have already begun with this slow insulin in exchange for the previous
I had been using several years.
Previously I came with Lantus dose twice a day 09.00 14 units and 20 at 9 pm.
Two days ago I started with the toujeo and I notice that in the afternoon I have values ​​over 200 and without eating.
According to endo, he says he takes a few days to accommodate.
I apply 30 units at night at 9 pm but I have to apply additional humalog so that it does not rise too much.
Any experience or comments would be helpful.
thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/06/2016 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In this thread they comment things ...
Link

imara's profile photo
imara
07/06/2016 6:55 p.m.

imara said:
in this thread comment things ...
Link

Good question since 2013, which diagnosed you type1 diabetes, until February 2016, have you been without insulin?

DiabetesForo
07/06/2016 8:24 p.m.

imara said:
Link

Thanks @imara

DiabetesForo
07/07/2016 12:47 a.m.

Keep the basal, whenever they don't give you hypos at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/07/2016 3:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
continues to upload the basal, provided they do not give you no night.

Thanks Regina, I already went up to 35 to see how we wake up I will tell you.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
07/07/2016 4:54 a.m.

I changed from Lantus to Toujeo (injecting me 10% more) and did not notice appreciable differences between the two insulins during the day.At night, on the other hand, Toujeo caused me more nocturnal hypoglycemia than Lantus, although he would have dinner more (with Lantus he did not have, except for the other timely day).For that reason, I have returned to Lantus, since the nocturnal hypo slightly destabilized the fasting blood glucose.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/07/2016 12:53 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
I changed from Lantus to Toujeo (injecting me 10% more) and did not notice appreciable differences between the two insulins during the day.At night, on the other hand, Toujeo caused me more nocturnal hypoglycemia than Lantus, although he would have dinner more (with Lantus he did not have, except for the other timely day).For that reason, I have returned to Lantus, since the nocturnal hypo slightly destabilized the fasting blood glucose.

Hi @jpr because the opposite is happening to me to 240 at night.
Last night I had to apply 3 fast at 00:00 and another 3 of Humalog at 04:00 because it did not go down in any way.
Even during the day I am correcting my dose of food of food because it quickly rises over 180 and almost as HC is that Flipeo.
Corrections also lower slower than before.
Let's go a disaster so far and holiday until the end of the month to finish it.
I am applying it at 9:00 p.m. 35 units, which was what I used from Lantus.
If in a few days I do not accommodate I return to Lantus right away.
greetings

DiabetesForo
07/07/2016 4:14 p.m.

Afterego said:
regina said:
continues to upload the basal, provided they do not give you hypos at night.

Thanks Regina, I already went up to 35 to see how we wake up I will tell you.
Greetings

Regina dawned quite badly I did not want to get off 240 amazing and quickly to correct it was like water.
Let's see how we continue, greetings

DiabetesForo
07/07/2016 4:16 p.m.

Afterego said:
I changed from lantus to toujeo (injecting me 10% more) and did not notice appreciable differences between the two insulins during theday.At night, on the other hand, Toujeo caused me more nocturnal hypoglycemia than Lantus, although he would have dinner more (with Lantus he did not have, except for the other timely day).For that reason, I have returned to Lantus, since the nocturnal hypo slightly destabilized the fasting blood glucose.

Last night I had to apply 3 fast at 00:00 and another 3 of Humalog at 04:00 because it did not go down in any way.
Even during the day I am correcting my dose of food of food because it quickly rises over 180 and almost as HC is that Flipeo.
greetings

In principle, you should inject more toujeo than Lantus.The injection time does not matter, since Toujeo is practically not curved and is practically linear.I think, as you have already told you, you lack basal.I would continue to climb little by little units (suddenly) and quickly remain the same, until you find the dose that keeps you with good blood glucose figures and allow your usual diet.Take a few days to get it and don't stir.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/07/2016 5 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
Afterego said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
I changed from lantus to toujeo (injected by 10%more) and I did not notice appreciable differences between the two insulins during the day.At night, on the other hand, Toujeo caused me more nocturnal hypoglycemia than Lantus, although he would have dinner more (with Lantus he did not have, except for the other timely day).For that reason, I have returned to Lantus, since the nocturnal hypo slightly destabilized the fasting blood glucose.

greetings

In principle, you should inject more toujeo than Lantus.The injection time does not matter, since Toujeo is practically not curved and is practically linear.I think, as you have already told you, you lack basal.I would continue to climb little by little units (suddenly) and quickly remain the same, until you find the dose that keeps you with good blood glucose figures and allow your usual diet.Take a few days to get it and don't stir.

Thanks @JPR for the tips.
What surprises me is that knowing that this insulin requires injecting more the endo I prescribe the same amount as the other.
I will do as you recommend and I will go up to 3 units to see how it follows.
greetings

DiabetesForo
07/07/2016 5:05 p.m.

Go up one in one every two days.Everyone comments that Toujeo takes more units than of Lantus, however the injected volume is much lower, because it is much more concentrated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/07/2016 6:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Let's see, it seems to me that there is a dance where choreography is very individual:
And it seems to me, for what I am reading, that you blame everything to insulin when in reality each person is a world, with degrees of sensitivity to insulin and everything, very different.

That is, I do not say that someone does better insulin than another, but even taking into account that factor, there are many other factors that influence;We know some and others.It is about investigating each one how his body works and relationships with the outside ... something very difficult, of course;But that is why the experiences of others can serve us, but not as absolute truths.

For example, I changed from Lantus to Toujeo, with the same units.And I'm going well, I don't need more or less, for now.Although with Lantus he controlled less.But I don't know if it was for insulin or simply due to lack of knowledge of some trends.

antonimar said:
imara said:
Link

Good question since 2013, which diagnosed you type1, until February 2016, you have been without putting insulin?

Yes, @antonimar.Not everyone debuts the same or need the same ... In my case the diagnosis was in a sea of ​​doubts in the type of diabetes, because the behavior of my body and physical characteristics and ways to take care of myself was according to a type 1, but thePeptide C was 1 (very low, but they said that for my weight, acceptable) and had no antibodies of which beta cells are loaded ... so I took care of more (to extremes of non -acceptability, so you can't live), until they gave me some pills that did not cause me hypos (because that is another, those that gave me at the beginning almost kill me, and I left them).It was the thing going down, until at the end of 2015 the glycoslada hit, which did not improve with more pills, and in January my peptide C was minimal and the thing was "clearer analytically speaking" (my body was shrieking alerts andyears ago;I accept, but when telling them, the scar still hurts me a bit ;-) and it seems that as my degree of sensitivity does not enter the standards, it is easier to tell you that you are exaggerating than listening to you and doing case studies.Anyway, each one sure has their cross :-))

Thanks for sharing.Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
07/07/2016 6:07 p.m.

It will take your time, but you will be better.
If you see that it gives you hiccups at night, pass it at noon.
But the first thing is to wake up in good figures.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/07/2016 6:09 p.m.

@Afterego, two things:

I asked, seeing that in some moments the glycemia raised me a lot, if the basal climbed, and my two endocrine told me the same thing: no, do not do it.In addition, the basal takes to adjust to the body about three days (as by some thread they comment), so, if so (and my endocrine they say it too) in two days you do not give your body time to stabilize with theNew insulin guideline.

Another option is to prick the basal at another time;Although the toujeo is very flat and in theory it should give the same.I put it at 12 noon.

Anyway, in addition to trying to control this, I think that in general we must have more self -observation, patience and calm (which is very very difficult at times ...) and little by little the functioning trends of our body are clarified,Although we cannot control everything, much less ;-)

imara's profile photo
imara
07/07/2016 6:37 p.m.

imara said:
@afterego, two things:

I asked, seeing that in some moments the glycemia raised me a lot, if the basal climbed, and my two endocrine told me the same thing: no, do not do it.In addition, the basal takes to adjust to the body about three days (as by some thread they comment), so, if so (and my endocrine they say it too) in two days you do not give your body time to stabilize with theNew insulin guideline.

Another option is to prick the basal at another time;Although the toujeo is very flat and in theory it should give the same.I put it at 12 noon.

Anyway, in addition to trying to control this, I think that in general we must have more self -observation, patience and calm (which is very very difficult at times ...) and little by little the functioning trends of our body are clarified,Although we cannot control everything, much less ;-)

Thanks for your advice, thanks to the Dexcom that I carry I can rule out that it is a rebound effect.
Changing the time can be useful, usually during the day it has been better today with values ​​below 180 although I am clicking more than humalog and eating the same as before.
I have noticed that the fast takes longer to take effect now, it will be a matter of being patient and waiting for a few days to see if it accommodates.
greetings

DiabetesForo
07/08/2016 12:27 a.m.

Well we have positive news.

As I told you 38 units of toujeo 10 % more than what Endo prescribed at 9 pm.
Alarm clock at 02:00 and my eyes see something that cannot believe 125 mg/dl to sleep again.
Alarm clock at 05:00 I was not wrong 118 mg/dl.
When I get up at 07:30 for breakfast 123 mg/dl we are already better.
Breakfast at 07; 30 and 3 of rapid Humalog roasted bread with ham and cheese with milk with milk.
10:00 Now to correct 177 mg/dl Humalog 2 units.
Bajaaoandooo arrived at lunch 13.30 with 128.
Humalog 4 units and lunch.
16:12 And we remain well 111 mg/dl.
Apparently it is very soon to say that everything solved but it is very positive to see these values, really very happy.
Personal opinion: 1) I notice that the drops of the rapid are slower now.
2) To eat the same as before with Lantus I am injecting almost 30 % more fast.
3) I have noticed headache.
4) I have not had hypoglycemia.

I will tell you how we follow all for the good vibes and the advice.

@imara @regina @antonimar @jpr

DiabetesForo
07/08/2016 11:19 p.m.

The night is already flat, a little more Humalog to breakfast and that's it.
Take advantage of flat insulin, you can eat or breakfast at any time ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/08/2016 11:44 p.m.

@Afterego, thanks to you.
It is interesting to see the differences between them (in addition to the similar things that can help us understand): for example, I call lunch in mid-morning :-) because I make five meals.And the correction with 177 also attracts my attention: I did not correct or drunk with that, because if not in the peak of insulin, with only one unit, I would fall and I would have to advance lunch (or make a snack per secondtime before food, because about three).Anyway, five hours without eating is the bomb for me!: D

good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
07/11/2016 7:48 a.m.

imara said:
@afterego, thanks to you.
It is interesting to see the differences between them (in addition to the similar things that can help us understand): for example, I call lunch in mid-morning :-) because I make five meals.And the correction with 177 also attracts my attention: I did not correct or drunk with that, because if not in the peak of insulin, with only one unit, I would fall and I would have to advance lunch (or make a snack per secondtime before food, because about three).Anyway, five hours without eating is the bomb for me!: D

Good day:-)

Hi @imara good you see that we have different sensitivity to insulin.
This of the toujeo does not stop convincing me 1 day and two evil.
Yesterday and today almost in 180 all the time, I apply more insulin to eat something and after a while again, it is the ostia.
Even half an hour of cardio in the gymnasium I don't help down almost anything.
This to click twice as fast to eat the same as before does not close me at all.
I'm going to try a couple of weeks and if you go back with Lantus again.

DiabetesForo
07/12/2016 2:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.