{'en': 'Diabetes, hip problems, hernias and lumbar degeneration', 'es': 'Diabetes, problemas de cadera, hernias y degeneración lumbar'} Image

Diabetes, hip problems, hernias and lumbar degeneration

pochola's profile photo   06/27/2016 7:26 p.m.

Good to all,

In my case, I had intense pain on the iliac crest, increasing, I usually walk a lot and also went to run, I worried and went to the doctor.After the tests, I have, stenosis in the insertion, edema, and inflammation zone.

Two lumbar discos (the resonance was only in that area, as the neck flip), protusion and lumbar degeneration.

I have been forbidden to run and everything that entails impact.I am very overwhelmed.With how active I am ... And of course if I can't do sports, you will tell me sugar.

The fact is that they have sent me to rehabilitation and the physio is giving me shock waves (40 e the session) and every time I am worse.

Any advice?

I am really overwhelmed by the situation, one thing well, two also but already if I can't do sports ...

Will diabetes be causing me?Ains .. I have good values.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you!

pochola's profile photo
pochola
06/27/2016 7:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

What you say has little to do with diabetes, when they say that sport is "good", it is very moderation, the sport is harmful, very harmful and degenerative.Run as simple as it seems causes many injuries and problems, lumbar, knee, standing floor, spin, etc ... for which you have diagnosed you only have to swim and make a lot of abdomen, the stronger this has thisLess pull the lumbar.The shock waves I suppose will be to treat edema and inflammation.But for a protusion, degeneration and 2 hernias there are little, of the hernias intervene, with the degeneration some treatment so that it does not go more and with the protusion infiltrate ozone.Much encouragement

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/27/2016 9:56 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I was running 15 km two years and I was preparing for the half marathon.I had an injury (shortening of the psoas) and I have been able to run two years, with the increasingly controlled diabetes, with more kilos and bitter for not being able to do sports intensely, as I like.Who is not an athlete will never understand it, but it is something that has nothing to do with health: intense sport produces an indescribable and wonderful sensation ... you feel free, capable of everything, strong, powerful, at the topof the world ... that's for me to run

Well, all this to tell you that I understand you perfectly and that you do everything you can to return to your situation.And, if you were no longer possible to run, do like me and put on swim (although not even the same, but hey, the case is to do something).Cheer up!.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/28/2016 11:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have a protusion and a principle of hernia, apart from hidden spina bifidday (I don't run because I have a knee injury) they have never told me not to exercise, on the contrary.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/28/2016 11:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good @roar, I understand how you feel.I also run (although I recognize that I hate him and I only do it for sugar) and swim (I don't like it very much).It is true what you say that running is not the same as swimming, but because you will ever have an injury like the one you had running.
I make sessions of an hour of pool and without the intention of poleminating, perhaps I think it is a more suitable sport for us, PQ lowers blood glucose but there is not so much risk of abrupt declines and running.
I never like to give advice in this, neither in sport either, because each we are a world;It is simply my opinion.

I have to admit that running basketball I love, but running for running no, I do it more controlled my health, and I feel envy when in the shower showers I hear someone say: "Tomorrow I wake up at 7 to run,What a wonder, at that time, with the fresh, ... "and I think of the torture that is for me to leave .....
That is why I am not very objective, but I am one of those who think that we are running over our possibilities, and that just from here to 15 years ..... all lame :)) :))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
06/29/2016 12:57 a.m.

@Nacho where is it prescribed that to carry a diabetes controlled the best exercise is to run?Any type of exercise is perfect to have controlled diabetes, exercise implies enjoying it, if it already makes it forced or sensations, or enjoy, not result.Let us know that I understand you, I have always been one of which running 0 and less alone, it seemed most boring, now very occasionally they give me gusts and I run on the tape, but as I say I have to be aligned theAstros to do well.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 8:54 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Well, right now I do what I can ... I understand that each person has their preferences but the most important thing is to do something, that is clear.

By the way, has anyone had the problem of the shortening of the psoas? Has it been able to solve it? ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/29/2016 4:23 p.m.

Good, I suppose this forum will be old but good.I operated with two discals 18 years ago, with diabetes 1 for five, doing enough sports to date, swimming, walking, lumbar abdominals and gym, some career but I already left it ... until now, but I have twoMonths with lumbar pain, not too intense although I have had a couple of crisis that I had to solve with Enantium.And so I am, waiting for magnetic resonance and assuring that I will touch me again ... with the consequent fear of now having diabetes even if it takes it quite controlled ....

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
01/28/2024 1:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.